Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I feel like they could have resolved the Parasite situation a little better...and maybe not show him so readily killing people as soon as he becomes Parasite.

Like it's not even clear if it's Superman's speech that makes him sacrifice himself because he probably would have gone to the reactor to absorb it anyways.
    That would have just been straight forward alien and Monsters = good and humans=bad. That's not what the movie was about. People have a right to fear the unknown. But, they need to actually try to control their impulses.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That would have just been straight forward alien and Monsters = good and humans=bad. That's not what the movie was about. People have a right to fear the unknown. But, they need to actually try to control their impulses.
    Well, I don't know so much if people had a right to fear the unknown but Parasite had visibly given people plenty to be worried about even without knowing his backstory. Like, Rudy didn't deserve what happened to him but he still went crazy with his powers the moment he got them and even before he went full Kaiju.

I guess he wasn't able to control his impulses.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I feel like they could have resolved the Parasite situation a little better...and maybe not show him so readily killing people as soon as he becomes Parasite.

Like it's not even clear if it's Superman's speech that makes him sacrifice himself because he probably would have gone to the reactor to absorb it anyways.
    The whole movie to me just solidified a long time opinion Iíve held: Parasite works better when heís not meant to be sympathetic. They should embrace him being a monster, him and Doomsday being the two Rogues Superman is downright afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The whole movie to me just solidified a long time opinion Iíve held: Parasite works better when heís not meant to be sympathetic. They should embrace him being a monster, him and Doomsday being the two Rogues Superman is downright afraid of.
    I hope this movie at least gives Parasite a profile boost. Iíve always felt like he was on of Supesí most dangerous villains. Superman is the strongest being on earth but Parasite can easily drain his energy and in fact tries to hunt down Superman as a food source.

One of my favorite Parasite appearances was in the second Superman/Spider-Man crossover. The heroes canít even get near Parasite without having their energy absorbed. Theres a great scene where Spider-Man is desperately trying to get away from him but heís losing his strength, Parasite is gaining on him by using his own wall crawling and agility. Plus I love that creepy melted purple skin version of Parasite. Would love to see that brought back.