Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What about the cast? Is dan turpin, bibbo and maggie sawyer going to be in this? What about jimmy?
    I doubt Bibbo is going to show up. If Jimmy shows up it'll probably be at the end to replace Clark as the Planet's coffee boy if he gets upgraded to reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think I read something long ago where Bruce Timm said that the marginal cost of adding a few additional minutes of animation to the movie is pretty expensive. Maybe contracts with studios, actors, etc. has changed a lot since this apocryphal quote I'm thinking of, assuming it was said at all, so maybe these movies will slowly trickle higher in length instead of making any big jumps in run time.
    HBO Max needs content, and animation is something you can work on from home I think. Would be nice if WB increased the budget for these films, let them act as an attraction to their new streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    HBO Max needs content, and animation is something you can work on from home I think. Would be nice if WB increased the budget for these films, let them act as an attraction to their new streaming service.
    DC Universe gets them exclusively but I guess they might change that.

Saw a rumor that the physical Blu-Ray release will be in early Sept with the digital coming in late August. No clue how accurate it is but thought I’d share it.

Saw a rumor that the physical Blu-Ray release will be in early Sept with the digital coming in late August. No clue how accurate it is but thought I’d share it.
    That's kind of what I and most people probably figure. The last movie just came out (finally bought and watched it the other day), and you need at least a few months between releases. Knowing this was going to hit during summer, and June/July being too soon since Apokolips War, August and September has to be the window. But knowing when in those months is helpful, even if it is just a rumor. Can't be too far off just by process of elimination.

It's been a long time since Superman/Shazam Return of Black Adam. Did we get a sneak peek of that? Want to know if Man of Tomorrow will show us the sneak peek of Batman: A Death in the Family long short or if we'll get a look into the first movie for 2021 (I think Batman: Long Halloween).

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Man of Tommorow gave me an American Alien vibe.

Well the trailer at least is amazing and then some. Here's hoping that the movie is too!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

"What's the 'S' for?"

"Superman."

Hahahahaha!

Really loving the aesthetic for Metropolis, definitely looks like a City of Tomorrow. Can’t wait to watch it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    "What's the 'S' for?"

"Superman."

Hahahahaha!
    Lol I’m honestly glad they’re just going back to basics with the S-shield. That’s what it actually stands for, why keep pretending otherwise?

Really loving the aesthetic for Metropolis, definitely looks like a City of Tomorrow. Can’t wait to watch it!

Lol I’m honestly glad they’re just going back to basics with the S-shield. That’s what it actually stands for, why keep pretending otherwise?
    Not really - we saw a scene where Lois says Superman and Clark says he doesn't think he calls himself that. I also think we saw a scene where Martha says it looks like an S, so let people think it's an S. So it seems it is still the Kryptonian symbol for hope, and in the scene we just saw he's just accepted Superman is what he'll go by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    "What's the 'S' for?"

"Superman."

Hahahahaha!
    As much as I enjoy Birthright, the S standing for hope is a strange modern retcon for the House of El's sigil.

I liked the trailer more than I thought I would. I'm one of the few who don't like the American Alien comic but this trailer appears to take all the good ideas of that series without including any of the bad ones.

Looking forward to this.

Stupid pandemic makes the passage of time hard to gauge. It's already Summer 2020...

In the past I've never really minded it, but as of late I've began to feel the S standing for hope is too heavy handed. I'm over it. He starts to stand for hope to the people because of his actions, not because a symbol previously says so. I have no problem with either a standard El crest, or the painfully obvious that it just stands for Superman. So this is nice. Equally cool that he shows no qualms about also referring to himself as Kal-El. Very non post-Crisis in feel, and that's a very good thing to me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It looks really promising.