Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 665
  1. #571
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The creative team? Oh yes! The continuity? Not so much.
    Well, by "creative team" I include the cast, and I get the sense we'll see them again in these roles in the future.

  2. #572
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,594

    Default

    I've seen like 3 new Sneak Peeks of Man of Tomorrow on Twitter by DC Brasil account. They look awesome! I feel like these people/creators know what they are doing.

    Part 1:
    https://twitter.com/_DCBRASIL/status...36339312148485
    Last edited by stargazer01; 05-23-2020 at 11:26 AM.

  3. #573
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,421

    Default

    @sacredknight american alien story might have been post crisis. But, this seems to be putting emphasis on kal el than clark. So, more precrisis like you want it to be. Martian manhunter seems to help him deal with his alienness. So, hopefully you will be able to enjoy it.

  4. #574
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    F%&k. This is looking like a contender for my favorite outside media Superman. It really looks like it could go the distance.

    Also, Lobo's bike looks fantastic.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

  5. #575
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,160

    Default

    Ryan Hurst as Lobo is so damn cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    @sacredknight american alien story might have been post crisis. But, this seems to be putting emphasis on kal el than clark. So, more precrisis like you want it to be. Martian manhunter seems to help him deal with his alienness. So, hopefully you will be able to enjoy it.
    Yeah I'm seeing this vibe. Seems like they're equating him becoming Superman as coinciding with him really starting to get comfortable with his ultimate origin of being Kal-El from Krypton. The only other part of the equation to nail is to not ignore his human side but it doesn't look like that will happen either. Really looks like its up my alley.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-23-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  6. #576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I've seen like 3 new Sneak Peeks of Man of Tomorrow on Twitter by DC Brasil account. They look awesome! I feel like these people/creators know what they are doing.

    Part 1:
    https://twitter.com/_DCBRASIL/status...36339312148485
    The animation is growing on me. And the J’onn/Clark dynamic has potential.

  7. #577
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, by "creative team" I include the cast, and I get the sense we'll see them again in these roles in the future.
    That doesn't mean shared universe if they do return, look at Bruce Greenwood - Under the Red Hood, Young Justice, Gotham by Gaslight. None of those are set in the same universe as the others.

  8. #578
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I've seen like 3 new Sneak Peeks of Man of Tomorrow on Twitter by DC Brasil account. They look awesome! I feel like these people/creators know what they are doing.

    Part 1:
    https://twitter.com/_DCBRASIL/status...36339312148485
    spoilers:
    - Martian Manhunter once again has two martian forms, a more Superheroic form that's his classic look and a more monstrous and alien "true" form. He talks to Clark in the former but apparently saves him from Lobo with the latter. His human form has some G-Man vibes.

    - This Rudy Jones is a former Marine, which gives me John Corben vibes.

    - Looks like Lobo brings out Kryptonite to bash Clark in the face with.

    - Newspaper of Lex getting arrested. Is that at the end of the movie? Or is it framing his dynamic with Lois since she probably exposed him?

    - There's a scene of Clark and Lois in...Clark's apartment? It looks more like a dorm room.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That doesn't mean shared universe if they do return, look at Bruce Greenwood - Under the Red Hood, Young Justice, Gotham by Gaslight. None of those are set in the same universe as the others.
    In a different sense then how they've used Greenwood in my opinion. Like, if we see Criss' Superman again, it'll be this version of Superman.

  9. #579
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In a different sense then how they've used Greenwood in my opinion. Like, if we see Criss' Superman again, it'll be this version of Superman.
    And in my opinion - meh. We'll see what we'll see. But I could do without all this shared universe stuff for a while.

  10. #580
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And in my opinion - meh. We'll see what we'll see. But I could do without all this shared universe stuff for a while.
    Fair enough .

  11. #581
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fair enough .
    Thanks. Like I said, it's been a while since I could just look forward to these movies without worry.

  12. #582
    Astonishing Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    F%&k. This is looking like a contender for my favorite outside media Superman. It really looks like it could go the distance.

    Also, Lobo's bike looks fantastic.
    Lobo and his bike and Clark and Lois look fantastic, IMO. The faces and eyes have more detail! That scene when Clark is feeling the sun in space, when he closes his eyes.. it's beautiful!

    The story sounds very good too.

  13. #583
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Thanks. Like I said, it's been a while since I could just look forward to these movies without worry.
    Why were you worried? Red Son was standalone and I still saw that movie get hate because it wasn’t a straight up recreation of the book, so I don’t think going back to standalones would “fix” anything in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The animation is growing on me. And the J’onn/Clark dynamic has potential.
    Those two being close always made sense to me, and I like to see it.

  14. #584
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why were you worried? Red Son was standalone and I still saw that movie get hate because it wasn’t a straight up recreation of the book, so I don’t think going back to standalones would “fix” anything in that regard.
    Some movies will get hate, I don't care - I'm just saying I enjoyed the standalones, even the ones some hated, far, far, far more immensely than the bulk of the shared stuff. That's why I was worried, I had to wait to find out which titles wouldn't be part of the shared universe before I could look forward to them. There was nothing to look forward to in that shared universe for me. I'm glad to have it over, and I just want some time before they try that experiment again.

  15. #585
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,800

    Default

    So, I went back over the new footage and I noticed that Lobo seems to be under contract to kill or capture Clark. This is implied by the fact that Clark says "I guess you have to bring me in alive" and Lobo replies "nah".

    Then I saw that Lobo can also be seen beating on Clark with kryptonite around the same scene.

    But if this is early Superman and his exploits aren't even a thing around Earth let alone known through the galaxy, it begs the question of how Lobo knew their was a kryptonian on Earth, and how he knew that kryptonite was a thing.

    Maybe Lobo has been contracted out by Zod or someone similar (hell, could be Rogol Zaar for all we know lol) like in Earth One? If that's the case then it can be assumed that Lobo's employer is the one who provided him with the Kryptonite.

    If that's all true then I have to imagine we'll be getting another one of these as a follow up. I just couldn't see that being tied up in one film that's hardly over an hour.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!"

    - The Digger

    We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •