Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't buy that superman's world should be great and cheerful place to be. Otherwise, the story doesn't need superman. Why would you need a flashlight in broad daylight?i have always been of the position that superman should move to gotham of the things are relatively great in Metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think that's part of what Superlad was getting at; it's not just a matter of money, but a matter of the artists' talent and style. That doesn't really impact the overall cost too much, the best animator in the business and the new guy fresh outta school are all in the same tax bracket, yknow? Quality isn't necessarily tied to cost; an artist can't get better just because you pay them more.

Or so I assume, I don't know much at all about the cartoon industry.
    I think one of the storyboard artists for the Marvel cartoons claimed that part of the reason the animation for the current Marvel cartoons looks cheap is because of the overseas work.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't buy that superman's world should be great and cheerful place to be. Otherwise, the story doesn't need superman. Why would you need a flashlight in broad daylight?i have always been of the position that superman should move to gotham of the things are relatively great in Metropolis.
    I don't think that quite tracks.

Astonishing Member

I approve this message, seeing as DCAU has started a new continuity I wonder if they can somehow do a convergence storyline by planting plotlines that allow for a multiverse for example have an earth where H-El is that earth's superman and just like in Red Son he is the leader who has stamped out crime by enforcing justice like Judge Dredd(a spin on Superman the Elite), you can have even a Doomsday Clock storyline with a twist where Dr Manhattan created that universe,and in the end comes through to destroy H-El in front of Kal(upon his crossing into our earth somehow),since he Manhattan,realises that his creations never match the optimism of this earth's maybe because Manhattan himself is jaded and pessimistic or just like in the Matrix ,the universe always turned his super benevolent iterations into cynical version ranging from monk like recluses to flamboyant showmen ,to outright tyrants ...it would be cool to Show a multiverse where superman although not super chipper does come across as pretty balanced with the multiverse having other versions.While also going off on an existentialist tangent
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-28-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Who said anything about it being a great place to be? I just said I think Superman’s setting needs to be colorful:

The City of Transmetropolitan is an utter dystopia. It’s also very colorful and exciting, full to the brim of corruption, injustice, and crime.

Far Cry New Dawn is a post apocalyptic game where bands of murderers hold sway for you to fight. It’s a very dark game tone wise, but very colorful in appearance at the same time.

Cyberpunk 2077 is another dystopian setting, yet it doesn’t skimp on the color.

Supes works better in a more colorful environment, but that doesn’t mean Metropolis has to be perfect. I actually recently read a book about fictional cities, and while Gotham and Batman got plenty of focus, there were some interesting bits on Superman’s Nd Metropolis. The book “Imaginary Cities” argues that “Metropolis is the way future dystopias will come”, dystopias cloaked in utopian outward appearances that mask their inner rot. That to me is exactly how Metropolis should be explored and presented. As a place that pretends to be perfect, that isn’t outwardly a hellhole like Gotham, but it’s absolutely a place that needs Superman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Who said anything about it being a great place to be? I just said I think Superman’s setting needs to be colorful:

The City of Transmetropolitan is an utter dystopia. It’s also very colorful and exciting, full to the brim of corruption, injustice, and crime.

Far Cry New Dawn is a post apocalyptic game where bands of murderers hold sway for you to fight. It’s a very dark game tone wise, but very colorful in appearance at the same time.

Cyberpunk 2077 is another dystopian setting, yet it doesn’t skimp on the color.

Supes works better in a more colorful environment, but that doesn’t mean Metropolis has to be perfect. I actually recently read a book about fictional cities, and while Gotham and Batman got plenty of focus, there were some interesting bits on Superman’s Nd Metropolis. The book “Imaginary Cities” argues that “Metropolis is the way future dystopias will come”, dystopias cloaked in utopian outward appearances that mask their inner rot. That to me is exactly how Metropolis should be explored and presented. As a place that pretends to be perfect, that isn’t outwardly a hellhole like Gotham, but it’s absolutely a place that needs Superman.
    Sorry for misunderstanding. You meant the aesthetic. I thought it was the tone of stories.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...an-of-tomorrow
    Some marketing hype, they finally acknowledged that they’re taking from American Alien but they also cite Birthright as an influence (a sign of their repaired relationship with Waid?). The final bit is the most interesting to me however:
    We’ve also seen your excitement and your anticipation. So yes, in this world, the “S” stands for “Superman.” And the trunks are back. Just wait. There’s more.

You’re ready for a new journey, one of unexpected delights and vision. Buckle up.

You’ll see it all soon enough.
    Not really sure what to take away from all that. Feels like it’s hinting this is the start of something? Looking forward to more info at the Fandome.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-21-2020 at 01:32 PM.

I'm hoping its just hyping plot beats that will lead into a second film. I'm rather hoping its not time dedicated to setting up the largely verse, mainly be showing freaking Batman again. I mean, I don't care if other characters' projects are on the same world, but I would just rather projects now that are Superman and Superman only for a while. Same with everyone else. The dedicated interconnectivity is tired now. That said I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is indeed what's being hinted at.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Some marketing hype, they finally acknowledged that they’re taking from American Alien but they also cite Birthright as an influence (a sign of their repaired relationship with Waid?). The final bit is the most interesting to me however:

Not really sure what to take away from all that. Feels like it’s hinting this is the start of something? Looking forward to more info at the Fandome.
    It kind of sounds like a premier screening. Streaming at FanDome?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of sounds like a premier screening. Streaming at FanDome?
    Digital version comes out the day after Fandome so I could see that.

I really hope not the start of another attempt at the shared universe.

And the trunks are back.
    Damn it!

Aside from him not wearing them in some films, it's not like the trunks magically vanished. There was a DCAU movie with Supes sporting them last year.

Yeah its kinda goofy how they use trunks as a selling point. Just as it was goofy to make it a point that they were gone. They're not that critical either way.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah its kinda goofy how they use trunks as a selling point. Just as it was goofy to make it a point that they were gone. They're not that critical either way.
    Some people really care about whether he has them or not lol. Personally I don’t care either way. Shame the DCAMU wasted the Reborn suit though. He barely even got to wear it!

Some people really care about whether he has them or not lol. Personally I don’t care either way. Shame the DCAMU wasted the Reborn suit though. He barely even got to wear it!
    At least he's still wearing it on Young Justice, depending on how much he actually appears in that show.

I agree with you. But, i do have a problem with contrived nonsensical explanation to make it feel important which absolutely makes it more ridiculous.I would want superman to acknowledge the strongman thing. Especially, if he were to wear the suit, in general.That atleast would make sense.It's great that in this movie the s is an s.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-22-2020 at 12:21 AM.