Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
I saw it, and did not love it. The first 2 acts were largely fantastic, got all the right stuff from American Alien down. But the third act was pretty bad imo.
spoilers:
Martian Manhunter’s fake out death was really cheap. And what the hell was the message they were trying to go with Parasite? Rudy, while obviously a tragic character, totally murdered a bunch of innocent people. That was obviously why the humans were justifiably afraid of him. Why was Clark trying to spin it into a xenophobic thing? That was so forced and dumb. Lobo was cool but once again 3rd act went a really forced direction between him, J’onn and Kal that did not land at all.
end of spoilers
Lois and Perry were the best parts of this one. Clark/Superman was also done really great spoilers:
even if I didn’t love his dependency on getting so close to the sun or his bad speech at the end.
end of spoilers but I did appreciate that there was a real distinction between the two alter egos.
3.5/5
Did the people on the bridge know it was rudy who caused the deaths or where they afraid of the look of the creature and size? I think message was, Don't go by appearances. Something alien can be good for you. Something homegrown(the tech that created parasite and luthor who tried to enslave) can be harmful as well. Something that looks like us might be alien and something that doesn't maybe is one of us. As rudy took in more of Clark's alienness and he became the artic giant-esque figure. Ideas haven't meshed well. But, these concepts are generally what i want from superman. I loved that superman says point blank that he is as much of monster as rudy is and feels a level of empathy with it. I do believe as they work on concepts they will get better at execution. Atleast they are trying. Besides, having kaiju superman movie is something i have always wanted.