Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Lobo is the kind of dick who would go to Krypton and pick up some Kryptonite just to keep as a souvenir. It’s possible that whoever sent Lobo will he kept for a sequel. Might be Brainiac or whoever, that could be cool.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

In american alien comics( if i remember correctly), lobo used to play with skulls of dead kryptonians as a kid rough housing in that neighbourhood.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lobo is the kind of dick who would go to Krypton and pick up some Kryptonite just to keep as a souvenir.
    Totally possible. Might end up being a happy coincidence for Lobo.

But then you've also gotta think...this also sets up Lex getting kryptonite, doesn't it? It also answers the "why now" question as far as kryptonite's discovery usually goes. Lex would see first hand its effects.

It’s possible that whoever sent Lobo will he kept for a sequel.
    This my main takeaway though. Lobo has clearly been hired by someone to kill the last kryptonian, and it seems very unlikely that we'll get everything regarding the employer in this movie even though we know nearly for certain that there is one. So a sequel seems possibly built in.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

They also don't show any scenes of Superman vs. Parasite, or much of Parasite at all, compared to the Lobo fight so that makes me pretty comfortable saying that's the final half of the movie.

We hear Dalton doing a really monstrous voice that I assume is when Rudy goes full-on purple monster Parasite.

I agree. It was a good call on your part assuming that Parasite was the big bad. Lobo seems to come to capture Clark dead or alive on behalf of his employer, he either lucks out by having the kryptonite or his employer provided it for him, Clark beats him in the fight that leaves him naked, and then Lois interviews Lobo.

I imagine during some of that Rudy is fumbling about as a newly transformed Parasite, and maybe his kills aren't really understood, so they're not on Clark's radar (especially while he's dealing with the two new aliens in his life)? Then it becomes a big problem, and Clark fights full-on monster Rudy in the classic suit.

That would logically still leave Lobo's employer out of this. It really is starting to give me Earth One vibes with the use of Parasite and someone being hired to finish off the last kryptonian.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I agree. It was a good call on your part assuming that Parasite was the big bad. Lobo seems to come to capture Clark dead or alive on behalf of his employer, he either lucks out by having the kryptonite or his employer provided it for him, Clark beats him in the fight that leaves him naked, and then Lois interviews Lobo.

I imagine during some of that Rudy is fumbling about as a newly transformed Parasite, and maybe his kills aren't really understood, so they're not on Clark's radar (especially while he's dealing with the two new aliens in his life)? Then it becomes a big problem, and Clark fights full-on monster Rudy in the classic suit.

That would logically still leave Lobo's employer out of this. It really is starting to give me Earth One vibes with the use of Parasite and someone being hired to finish off the last kryptonian.
    I think Luthor is going to be responsible for Parasite, whether intentionally or unintentionally. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with what he seemingly is arrested for.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Luthor is going to be responsible for Parasite, whether intentionally or unintentionally. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with what he seemingly is arrested for.
    Lois might be investigating the Luther/Parasite connection as a subplot that comes to the forefront by the end of the film with Clark fighting Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Lois might be investigating the Luther/Parasite connection as a subplot that comes to the forefront by the end of the film with Clark fighting Rudy.
    I actually think Lex is going to get arrested at the start of the film, and he’ll get a pardon for helping to beat Parasite.

Trending in the right direction, nice.

Good news. Honestly I wish WB would just let them go 2 hours, it would help them feel less compressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good news. Honestly I wish WB would just let them go 2 hours, it would help them feel less compressed.
    At least here the story seems pretty straightforward so I think that will help the story development .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What about the cast? Is dan turpin, bibbo and maggie sawyer going to be in this? What about jimmy?

It's so great to have something to be excited about as a Superman fan. This looks very promising, to say the least.

I think I read something long ago where Bruce Timm said that the marginal cost of adding a few additional minutes of animation to the movie is pretty expensive. Maybe contracts with studios, actors, etc. has changed a lot since this apocryphal quote I'm thinking of, assuming it was said at all, so maybe these movies will slowly trickle higher in length instead of making any big jumps in run time.