Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Friendly reminder Snyder also pioneered the destruction of Krypton.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Friendly reminder Snyder also pioneered the destruction of Krypton.
    Really need to get that like button put in on this site.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't know about others. but, Snyder movies do look visually appealing for me. He does rip comic book panels and paste them on big screen in a way that's awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Did you know Superman never landed on the ground until Snyder invented it? /

Rest are pretty big stretches too imo. Death of Superman copies that one scene of Supes punching Zod for Superman punching Doomsday but that’s it.
    I thought Justice League: War also had those punching sequences, but I always wondered if it's because Jay Oliva was involved in both the animated movie's direction as well as MoS storyboarding.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Did you know Superman never landed on the ground until Snyder invented it? /

Rest are pretty big stretches too imo. Death of Superman copies that one scene of Supes punching Zod for Superman punching Doomsday but that’s it.
    Don't forget about these copy cat scenes and revised designs sourced from Snyder's movies. I guess you could say, Snyderman did "inspire" people. Hardee har.

An advanced (and very positive) review of Superman: Red Son

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/re...perman-red-son

It's nearly 90 mins long!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    An advanced (and very positive) review of Superman: Red Son

https://www.starburstmagazine.com/re...perman-red-son
    It's nearly 90 mins long!
    Promising. I think these movies are usually around 1 hour and 20 minutes right? And Red Son shouldn’t be hard to adapt since it’s only three issues.

Promising. I think these movies are usually around 1 hour and 20 minutes right? And Red Son shouldn’t be hard to adapt since it’s only three issues.
    Good to know. These movies started out at the 70-min range, but have slowly crept up in length. I, for one, couldn't be happier. When you think about it, a Justice League three-parter was 66 minutes excluding commercials, so these movies really felt like long TV episodes. That's not inherently a bad thing, but when it's barely longer than a long episode the length (or lack of) does become palpable. At least with the TV show you had thirteen weeks of content, whereas switching to DTV means you get less content and pay more.

I'm just hoping the movie is really good and with plenty of depth and great action. And that Batman isn't the best hero...

And that Batman isn't the best hero...
    You know Bruce Timm is producing this one, right? You might need to look elsewhere.

I kid, I kid.

I'm just hoping the movie is really good and with plenty of depth and great action. And that Batman isn't the best hero...
    Not a concern - I mean it's a Superman movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah, I don't think similarities in visuals are necessarily coincidental.
    Probably also worth noting that Cavill had mixed feelings of his own about the Snyder movies. Not to the point of dissing them or being ungrateful but recognizing there were other takes he could be doing.

And my recollection is that Cavill’s favorite Superman comic was Red Son, which Snyder directed him to for reference, and he said on a few occasions that he wanted to do THAT as a movie. So my suspicion is that Snyder was staging bits from Red Son adapted for BvS and the animation folks either knew this and coyly referenced it or wound up making parallel choices in staging the same sequences for the screen.

I think Cavill's favorite comic is For Tomorrow.

Which I kind of never liked, tbh. But if we get another Superman movie and it has to be For Tomorrow I'll live.

I mean, I don't think we'll get another one after that, but... shrug!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I think Cavill's favorite comic is For Tomorrow.

Which I kind of never liked, tbh. But if we get another Superman movie and it has to be For Tomorrow I'll live.

I mean, I don't think we'll get another one after that, but... shrug!
    Yep it’s For Tomorrow, but he does like Red Son as well. He also likes H’el lmao, gotta give it to Cavill, he’s got his own tastes and I respect that, it’s refreshing to have someone who doesn’t just list works from your generic top 10 Superman lists, but has his own unusual tastes. He grew a mustache because of Mr. Orr, he based his character in MI on Orr which I find hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Hey, slap the Red Son "S" on him and give him a Russian accent and I could get behind the movies. *wink*

I mean, the animated has better color, but still.
    Last edited by JAK; 02-09-2020 at 03:33 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/