Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    We all get tutored by our friends once in a while. It's not like being mentor anything. Clark so far is a farmboy, who moved to city. He got his stuffings beat out of him by lobo because he got nothing. Now, he decided to get into it. Actually, get into it. I don't particularly care about titles. What i want is character to be something great. This is an arc that should be done postcrisis superman and setup in a way that's sustained in direction. I know there is mongul. But, that training wasn't setup as sustainable direction. Out of the big three of dc or in general,superman has the worst movements. When batman moves it feels like a shadow coming to get you. When spiderman moves it feels like amazing acrobat or a creepy crawler. Wonderwoman had better action than man of steel. Which went dbz level, but clark was still whaling around his hands. Dbz has great fights. The movie even critics it. Why is clark like that? Because he needs to be the farmboy disconnected from all this.

"i trained my entire life. I was bread to be a warrior, kal. Where did you train? On a farm?"

In an action genre, that's pretty bad. Getting out of that perception is needed. It's better to do that with development and with character that people would accept/keep in mind for a sustainable direction.

" hey! Remember when batman trained clark. That was cool. ain't it? So he isn't just a strong brick" .

It makes sense too. postcrisis superman is older and more postive peter parker who is an overdog and has a messiah complex with less focus on "amazing" parts and is all about "development" and "maturing" . Thankfully, landis basically flipped the switch he made what spidey great "the selfish choice comes first and then the altruistic one". And that too in a postive and endearing way like for spidey. He removed the overdog thing and the messiah complex . He goofs around. He is immature. He makes faces. Talks to a kid (dick grayson) like an equal. He fraudulently uses bruce's identity . He gets drunk.

He Finds a girl like him,a beast. It's wierd,i never thought i would say chettah and clark can be a great couple. It's different, but it sorta fits. A fenrir wolf and a cheetah .It isn't the standard beauty and the beast stories. Where as clark is all about taming his impulse, minerva decides not to go with clark after all.
    I have a LOT to say about this, but I'll keep it relatively short. It's OK for Superman to get pointers from Batman or whomever once in a while, but there's got to be some mutual exchange of information or else I'm just not going to be interested in the story. It just reinforces the negative view of Superman that Batman would be better at Superman's job but wasn't lucky enough to be born Kryptonian.

And I'll briefly go into major nitpick territory here and say human martial arts might make Superman slightly better at fighting, but they wouldn't take advantage of his Kryptonian physiology. I'd rather Bats and Supes collaborated to create a new Kryptonian martial art. Or Supes and Wondy.

Supes and Wondy sparring with one another is absolutely something that should happen more. For my money I prefer to see Clark’s fighting style mimic boxing and some MMA rather than the ninja fighting style Batman has.

I think Diana makes more sense to teach Clark than Bruce. She is equally skilled at fighting as Batman, albeit different fighting style, but she also knows how to use it in conjunction with super strength, which is what Clark needs. Maybe he takes a few pointers from both.

He should still mostly be a brawler, but a brawler with skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Supes and Wondy sparring with one another is absolutely something that should happen more. For my money I prefer to see Clark’s fighting style mimic boxing and some MMA rather than the ninja fighting style Batman has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think Diana makes more sense to teach Clark than Bruce. She is equally skilled at fighting as Batman, albeit different fighting style, but she also knows how to use it in conjunction with super strength, which is what Clark needs. Maybe he takes a few pointers from both.

He should still mostly be a brawler, but a brawler with skill.
    Yeah, a sparring session is mutually beneficial to Superman and Wonder Woman, and for Wonder Woman, more so than just getting in work. Obviously, WW has a lot more hand-to-hand experience than Superman, so sparring will be educational for Superman. Also, while WW has a lot of Amazonian training, it's likely that her training doesn't exactly prepare her to fight a guy such as a Kryptonian fully-powered under yellow sunlight.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First Look at Archer's Clark Kent:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-05-2020 at 09:45 AM.

reminds me of Routh's Clark. Same hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

It looks more anime-esque then Archer to me.

Looks very dorky, I love it.

That looks significantly better than the first picture. So there is a first look attached to JLD?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That looks significantly better than the first picture. So there is a first look attached to JLD?
    There should be. I'm sure it'll probably leak in a few weeks .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There should be. I'm sure it'll probably leak in a few weeks .
    Like in 2 weeks when the DVD will come out?

Lois?

Lois?

LOIS!?!
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not entirely sold on it but I’ll need to see it in motion before I really judge it.

Like in 2 weeks when the DVD will come out?
    Maybe? It took forever for the Apokolips War sneak peek to leak from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lois?

Lois?

LOIS!?!
    .......................(giggle) phantom zone