Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Hahahahahaha oh my god! It's just American Alien without admitting it! That's amazing. If Landis hadn't been a gross human being, he'd have basically entered the Superman writer hall of fame lmao

Anyways, I'm personally a very big fan of the art/animation style. It looks like it's made to be fluid. Very minimal lines. That's the most Superman ass Superman that I've seen in animation since the DCAU, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Seeing some more screens on Twitter being posted, loving the art more and more.
    Think you can post a link?

Also it's super cool of you to post these, Vordan!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am a bit worried that they are going to take the impactful parts of out of the story and do an adaptation that screams postcrisis superman and not eagleman.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hahahahahaha oh my god! It's just American Alien without admitting it! That's amazing. If Landis hadn't been a gross human being, he'd have basically entered the Superman writer hall of fame lmao

Anyways, I'm personally a very big fan of the art/animation style. It looks like it's made to be fluid. Very minimal lines. That's the most Superman ass Superman that I've seen in animation since the DCAU, and I love it.

Think you can post a link?

Also it's super cool of you to post these, Vordan!
    You beat me to it, but glad you were able to find 'em! You even got some I hadn't seen yet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't understand this logic. If the character has no fundamental resemblances in message, identity or ethics with goldenage superman, why do they keep using action comics#1 imagery? Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You beat me to it, but glad you were able to find 'em! You even got some I hadn't seen yet.
    Haha I shouldn't have asked in the first place honestly. I have a computer, the internet, and you gave me all the info I need.

I had to stop and go "why am I asking him for a link to a twitter hashtag? What am I, my mom on Facebook?" lol

Fantastic Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar

Good God, If American alien is the main influence l, I hope they cut off the self-input and the idiotic hipster/party guy stuff. There is relatable and there is inserting yourself to the protagonist.

Also, if it wasn't already obvious, the way the dealt with American Ali-- I mean that one book having multiple artists was that they just picked the one that looked the best for animation.

That answer ended up being Francis Manapul's art. This whole film looks to be based off of his art.