Page 38 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Does anyone know if it's true that this movie comes out this summer? I think the writer has it as "summer 2020" on his twitter.
    Yeah they say Summer 2020 in the preview I believe. I’m expecting a trailer next month or thereabouts.

I love it when Superman/Clark is cocky, confident and enjoys himself.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Lobo fight is the middle of the movie, since he’s using the prototype suit.

I assume the climax with the classic suit is against Parasite.
    You might be right.

If that ends up being the case then that would mean this is a mix of American Alien's overall aesthetic and use of Lobo, Birthright's xenophobia angle, and Earth One vol 2's version of Parasite.

That would mean they're literally just doing a mixture of modern origins/takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah they say Summer 2020 in the preview I believe. I’m expecting a trailer next month or thereabouts.
    Ah, I must've missed that part. So the link posted was the preview you saw?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Haha I figured that was the case.

Personally, I'm into the idea of Clark inherently being shortsighted/myopic, and him becoming more of an outgoing person is a character arc that he has to work at.

In issue 6 there's a really nice moment that ties off a thread from issue 5. It's where Pete says that back home all they talk about is whatever grand plans that they assume Clark must have being Superman and being a symbol. But they find out that Clark doesn't even plan on being Superman forever, him wearing the S is just for the off chance that a broadcast signal of him and it find its way to his birth parents, and he hasn't thought much past what he's doing now. Pete's basically flabbergasted and shocked that he's "changing the world on accident".

The idea that Superman, basically being a flying god, carries with him such a mystique that people ascribe greater meaning to his every action than there is. We even see Lex assume this in issue 5. It's basically real time mythologizing. Back in 5 Clark even says "no one's as strong as they say I am" when asked if he's as strong as people say. I'd have loved to have seen an issue of the people telling different tall tale versions of one Superman story to Clark. Probably would've been a fun riff on silver age comics.
    Aye, I'm just misremebering. Two people whose thoughts I deeply respect tell me I'm mistaken, then I'm mistaken. I remember I really liked it though regardless, so when I get the time I'm going to pull it out again and re-educate. My stuff isn't the in the most accessible of places once I read them. Backed and boarded but in a closet, lol.

I keep looking at the part where he's glowing in the sun. Beautiful imagery.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-22-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! It's a generic aura for me. I have seen too many people with that kinda glowing thing going on to be impressed.
    it's a joke. I will see myself out. Before anyone misunderstands.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-22-2020 at 11:29 AM.

You might be right.

If that ends up being the case then that would mean this is a mix of American Alien's overall aesthetic and use of Lobo, Birthright's xenophobia angle, and Earth One vol 2's version of Parasite.

Ah, I must've missed that part. So the link posted was the preview you saw?
    Most of it yep.

You might be right.

There's also an image of New 52 Supes in there in his T-shirt and Jeans. Not that we're getting that in this movie, but honestly the way this adaption is coming off makes this feel like a New 52 take (younger Superman coming into his own, younger Lois, they aren't romantically attracted to each other yet...) short of the Golden Age influences.

Jim Krieg's lines...I mean, maybe I am being paranoid, but "new beginning," New voices for these iconic characters," etc., just screams "rebooted animated film continuity" to me. But that's just me.
    Not really - just hyping this new movie and take and creative team in my opinion.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I quite like the animation this film is going for, gave me a retro Anime vibe that reminded me of the pre-late 90's retro Anime titles I grew up watching.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not really - just hyping this new movie and take and creative team in my opinion.
    Maybe, but he's been producing Elseworld standalones before, so it just stands out to me that it's not like it would be any different unless there was more to it then that.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Longer version. I really like the tone and seeing Clark/Superman enjoying himself. The animation looks good too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/superman/co...d_movie_looks/
    Happy to see the video give some love to Grant Morrison's version of the New52 Superman.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Maybe, but he's been producing Elseworld standalones before, so it just stands out to me that it's not like it would be any different unless there was more to it then that.
    Again, hyping the new team.

It's probably a Rorschach test - if you want a new shared universe, his words indicate that. If you don't, then it doesn't. And the truth is we're both putting more into those words than he meant either way.

There's also an image of New 52 Supes in there in his T-shirt and Jeans. Not that we're getting that in this movie, but honestly the way this adaption is coming off makes this feel like a New 52 take (younger Superman coming into his own, younger Lois, they aren't romantically attracted to each other yet...) short of the Golden Age influences.
    It is an origin story so some comparison with the two is unsurprising. But the only real similarity I would say is that they’re both pretty cocky at the start (at least that’s how the preview makes Superman look).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Again, hyping the new team.
    That makes it sound like they'll be continuing to do this moving forward .
    It's probably a Rorschach test - if you want a new shared universe, his words indicate that. If you don't, then it doesn't. And the truth is we're both putting more into those words than he meant either way.
    It's interesting to speculate .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It is an origin story so some comparison with the two is unsurprising. But the only real similarity I would say is that they’re both pretty cocky at the start (at least that’s how the preview makes Superman look).
    It's a different kind of cockiness from New 52 Supes in my opinion, but that's just me.

That makes it sound like they'll be continuing to do this moving forward .
    The creative team? Oh yes! The continuity? Not so much.

It's interesting to speculate .
    True - but if we didn't enjoy speculating on these superhero books and movies we wouldn't be here I guess.