Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Amazon UK listing has a good look at the blu-ray spine which features two new characters not previously shown to be in the film.

It looks like:

spoilers:
    Brainiac and Wonder Woman. The way the picture is framed kind of implies there's going to be more to it.
    end of spoilers

I thought Superman having to fight basically himself without any powers was pretty cool. And Eradicator creaming the other Supermen was pretty fun .

Even the League got a solid, if short, action sequence against the Parademons before they were transported away.

It was a very stuffed movie but I felt like they did the best they could condensing the second and third parts of the storyline and getting the major story beats in there and getting the gist of all four Supermen, along with Clark and Lois' story, their due. I think it's a pretty good film overall.
    Yeah that's definitely spoilers:
    Brainiac and Wonder Woman. Which leaves me a little torn. Brainiac obviously will be awesome to see. But while I enjoy Wonder Woman's dynamic with Superman a lot and would enjoy seeing them meet, we already have J'onn showing up. Part of what I was hoping the movie wouldn't be was another JL prelude in the sense that the final act would start shifting focus too much. I hope that's still not the case
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not a bad voice for J'onn in that clip.

The Amazon UK listing has a good look at the blu-ray spine which features two new characters not previously shown to be in the film.

It looks like:

spoilers:
    Brainiac and Wonder Woman. The way the picture is framed kind of implies there's going to be more to it.
    end of spoilers

I thought Superman having to fight basically himself without any powers was pretty cool. And Eradicator creaming the other Supermen was pretty fun .

Even the League got a solid, if short, action sequence against the Parademons before they were transported away.

It was a very stuffed movie but I felt like they did the best they could condensing the second and third parts of the storyline and getting the major story beats in there and getting the gist of all four Supermen, along with Clark and Lois' story, their due. I think it's a pretty good film overall.
    spoilers:
    Might not indicate anything but if they show it probably will be near the end as a teaser for a sequel. Wonder if they'll be going with Diana having been around since one of the World Wars given that seems to be the be a thing DC wants standardized across media
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's confirmed now that man of tomorrow is the start of the new DC animated universe, there will be future movies with this version of superman: https://www.cbr.com/superman-man-of-...ated-universe/

Well, I still think they'd be better off not having to build universal continuity with everything all the time. But if this version of Superman is good and he gets more solos, its not a big deal. But we'll see how they approach it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's confirmed now that man of tomorrow is the start of the new DC animated universe, there will be future movies with this version of superman: https://www.cbr.com/superman-man-of-...ated-universe/
    It's good to know all that speculation wasn't baseless .
    spoilers:
    I'm wondering if the next in-continuity movie will be a Wonder Woman solo then, given her arm and lasso are on the spine for this film and it looks like the next image would probably have her in it.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Woop! Woop! Lobo and clark kicking the tar out of each other. Now, That's what i am talking about. This movie seems to be putting superman back where he belongs, at the centre of action genre. I am now fully looking forward to this. Hopefully, we get some good sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Woop! Woop! Lobo and clark kicking the tar out of each other. Now, That's what i am talking about. This movie seems to be putting superman back where he belongs, at the centre of action genre. I am now fully looking forward to this. Hopefully, we get some good sequences.
    It's how Superman/Lobo fights usually go .

So will Barry Allen still remember all 3 of his past lives?

It's good to know all that speculation wasn't baseless .
    spoilers:
    I'm wondering if the next in-continuity movie will be a Wonder Woman solo then, given her arm and lasso are on the spine for this film and it looks like the next image would probably have her in it.
    end of spoilers
    I hear her last one didn't do that great money wise. I kinda blame how they retreaded the origin.

Here's hoping this new animated movie verse learns from the last one's mistakes. Everything felt too safe, limited and most of its potential was squandered.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's how Superman/Lobo fights usually go .
    Normally, Too much talking, with little fleshed out sequences. I mean, even the fight in american alien was brutal. But, it was kinda short. Clark basically throws him to the space in two moves. He gets hospitalised afterwards. Something , i love and he gets a black eye if remember it correctly .There seems to be variety as well. Clark can't fight j'onn like he does lobo. Lobo is just a brutally powerfull bounty hunter. But, if he fights j'onn like he does lobo. He would get reckt.The guy is a telepath and can shapeshift. Strenght and speed are the only advantage clark has.On top of that we got parasite. The guy would literally feed of from clark. I hope to have monstrous parasite.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-21-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Here's hoping this new animated movie verse learns from the last one's mistakes. Everything felt too safe, limited and most of its potential was squandered.
    That's one thing I don't think the were guilty of.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-21-2020 at 01:18 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Lmao perfect pic. Congrats mate you were right.
    Sweet! I love the look of this Metropolis and I want to see more of it beyond one movie. Also I really like Criss and Daddario in the small pieces we’ve seen so far, it’s nice that we’ll get to see more of them.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-21-2020 at 02:20 PM.

That's one thing I don't think the were guilty of.
    Until Apokolips war, Id thought it was in terms of the stories they chose to adapt.