Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It's confirmed now that man of tomorrow is the start of the new DC animated universe, there will be future movies with this version of superman: https://www.cbr.com/superman-man-of-...ated-universe/
    I know a LOT of the people on this board (aka everyone other than myself) is pretty happy and ecstatic about this news. But damn that really took the wind out of my sails. DC just doesn't learn. Your non-continuity films better than your shared universe? Just destroyed that universe and have the opportunity to finally just focus on making quality films and give continuity a break for a while? Nah, let's just keep doing it like we do.

Congratulations to the people who were rooting for this. Hopefully they really do a super great interconnected universe this time unlike the last one. But...eh.

It can work if the acknowledgment of the same world doesn't drive every single movie. But if its just as interconnected as the last verse was then yeah, its a mistake.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It can work if the acknowledgment of the same world doesn't drive every single movie. But if its just as interconnected as the last verse was then yeah, its a mistake.
    Like almost every single movie having the same art style. I really like Bourassa's (sp?) style, but after a while it got old. And I'm not that crazy about the new bold line art style, so if it has to carry over in every movie...

Astonishing Member

I'm wondering if they'll eventually tie the universe to Flashpoint and Apokolips War. And in general it is interesting which way this universe will go. I hope they will announce a list of new projects at least in September. And I hope that the Titans and the Green Lantern will be among them in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Like almost every single movie having the same art style. I really like Bourassa's (sp?) style, but after a while it got old. And I'm not that crazy about the new bold line art style, so if it has to carry over in every movie...
    Same. I liked the old style just fine at first but like variety. I like this style too but I don't need every movie to have it. Hell the next Superman movie can have a different style and still be the same world. For characters born and sustained in comic books, different artistic styles give these stories part of their charm.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think the artstyle for Man of Tomorrow might end up being pretty versatile, but they might end up going for something different depending on the character they're doing a movie about.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the artstyle for Man of Tomorrow might end up being pretty versatile, but they might end up going for something different depending on the character they're doing a movie about.
    Exactly what I was just thinking to comment, I doubt we see this same arttyle for every future DCU movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I hope they will announce a list of new projects at least in September.
    At this point I'm just praying that they treat Batman: The Long Halloween as their one out of continuity film per year like Killing Joke/Gotham by Gaslight and don't screw with it and make it part of the shared universe like Hush.

Astonishing Member

https://www.cbr.com/superman-man-of-...ated-universe/
    They debunked it, lol.
    But maybe they wanted to announce it on Fandome, who knows.

“ The films were winding down from the previous arcs, the stories being for the past ten years for Warner Animation," Palmer told CBR. "In searching for [a way to] launch the first film [in a new direction], Superman seemed like the big character to go with."

Can’t blame cbr for misinterpreting this one, if Palmer said what they said he said, then that’s just misleading.

They debunked it, lol.
    And just like that they reel me back in!
    (Not that I was out, but still...)

They debunked it, lol.
    I'm going to take a side-eye at this "debunking." I think WB just doesn't want to explicitly confirm one way or another.
    At this point I'm just praying that they treat Batman: The Long Halloween as their one out of continuity film per year like Killing Joke/Gotham by Gaslight and don't screw with it and make it part of the shared universe like Hush.
    If they handle it like they're handling this film, I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm going to take a side-eye at this "debunking." I think WB just doesn't want to explicitly confirm one way or another.

If they handle it like they're handling this film, I don't see the problem.
    Problem is they'd change things, force it to fit, restrict and confine it to fit the new vision. Just no. Adapt it straight, or don't bother to do it at all.

Idk, Long Halloween is set in Batman's early years so I could see it being made as a counterpart to this film being Superman in his early days.

Problem is they'd change things, force it to fit, restrict and confine it to fit the new vision. Just no. Adapt it straight, or don't bother to do it at all.
    Admittedly they are liberally adapting American Alien, but there's a reason behind it. I think a Long Halloween adaption would be handled very differently.