Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    should the movie add a new twist to make it more surprising? I think the changes in the new Death movie worked well.
    I think there are enough twists in Red Son to where that won't be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there are enough twists in Red Son to where that won't be necessary.
    You don't mind if it doesn't surprise you anymore, then?

should the movie add a new twist to make it more surprising? I think the changes in the new Death movie worked well.
    Why change perfection? Why?

You don't mind if it doesn't surprise you anymore, then?
    It doesn't need to - it'll surprise new people who didn't read the book, just give fans the thing they loved.

Considering the complaints about the "surprise twist" they added to Hush, I don't expect them to do any major changes to Red Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering the complaints about the "surprise twist" they added to Hush, I don't expect them to do any major changes to Red Son.
    but Red Son was made long before the Hush complains, no?

but Red Son was made long before the Hush complains, no?
    We can still hope and pray they didn't change things to be "surprising"

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It doesn't need to - it'll surprise new people who didn't read the book, just give fans the thing they loved.
    Agreed. I see this movie less of an intro to Superman for many new fans and more of a movie for fans who read the comic. Don't screw around, especially since, in my book, tinkering hasn't done much good.

If they changed anything, I'd say change how Batman vaguely found a way to capture WW. Also, I think the time loop aspect is largely unnecessary to make the story enjoyable.

But if they did make changes, I can see that Superman would scan Bats' brain and deduce he's the highest level intellect he's come up against to date...

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Agreed. I see this movie less of an intro to Superman for many new fans and more of a movie for fans who read the comic. Don't screw around, especially since, in my book, tinkering hasn't done much good.

If they changed anything, I'd say change how Batman vaguely found a way to capture WW. Also, I think the time loop aspect is largely unnecessary to make the story enjoyable.

But if they did make changes, I can see that Superman would scan Bats' brain and deduce he's the highest level intellect he's come up against to date...
    I put my $ on Lex or Brainiac... lol

One of those things that irked me in the past was how closely Timm adapted Miller Batman stories, but felt Superman stories need tweaks here and there. Granted some worked, but to me most did nothing.

I vote as closely as possible.
    That’s Timm for you. Why he even bothers involving himself in Superman stuff is beyond me.
    For Red Son no. The changes to Hush they did added nothing. Also this will be a lot of people’s first experience seeing this story, so why bother messing with it?

I put my $ on Lex or Brainiac... lol
    I only made that bitter comment because the original line is something like Batman's brain is not exceptional. If I had to bet on any line being changed, that would be my first pick.

I only made that bitter comment because the original line is something like Batman's brain is not exceptional. If I had to bet on any line being changed, that would be my first pick.
    Doesn’t that take place right before Batman kicks his ass? I could see them keeping it in. But yeah Timm’s gotta keep his self-insert safe from anything that doesn’t make him look badass.

yeah I read bitterness haha.. I would not be surprised because we all know Batman is the greatest to DC..

Doesn’t Batman blow up buildings full of people in them in Red Son? Yeah that is getting cut. Red Son Batman is a terrorist with anarchist leanings, I doubt any of that will be in the film. I hope it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doesn’t Batman blow up buildings full of people in them in Red Son? Yeah that is getting cut. Red Son Batman is a terrorist with anarchist leanings, I doubt any of that will be in the film. I hope it is though.
    That one pic of him looked kind of like an evil Batman.

Not that I would rule out but the whole point of Red Son Batman is that he's a more deranged and dangerous version of him to fit a universe where Superman is a Soviet Superhero. So I hope they don't change that.