Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Would’ve liked to see The Silver Surfer: Black team take this to an ongoing rather than a mini-series. It was pretty good, the art made it superb.
    I would kill right now for a Silver Surfer ongoing. While I did enjoy Black, I have to say that it might have suffered because of the miniseries format.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    It depends how you evaluate a fight between these two. Their first confrontation, Lee made it clear from his writing (SS #4), if Surfer was going to beat Thor, he needed a power up, which Loki gave him. I believe that was Stans way subtly giving the nod to Thor (at the time).

How times have changed.
    When Silver Surfer was trapped on Earth behind the energy barrier, he was powered down. After he escaped Earth and returned to deep space, he gained greater access to the cosmic energies that power him, and became far stronger.

Extraordinary Member

And it seems like a lot of Silver Surfer's power comes from sheer experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Valcrist View Post
    So what do you guys think of the conclusion of Silver Surfer Black?
    I dont get it, does he need to be polished like normal silver?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

So is this going to be his new form from now on?

I really like it, but I'm surprised Marvel would allow him to be changed like this.
    Baby Thanos

The last issue was very deep, to be sure. It had fantastic action in the middle, but that last third...wow, deep stuff. Reminded me of Buddhist theories where everything is part of everything. Still have to do a read through to understand how Surfer came back to the present day.

My question is how did the Surfer get this new color? So Knull's darkness consumed him? But the light within him held it off?

In any case, I really enjoyed this mini. Showed just how powerful Silver Surfer is and how hopeful of a character he can be.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Really enjoyed this mini as well. The art was superb and the story, while a little light, kept things emotional and interesting. Personally, it felt like the perfect follow-up to Slott and Allred's series: similar in some ways but vastly different in others.

I had to chuckle though: how many times is the Surfer going to travel back to the beginning of the universe and relive the passage of time?! He's done it at least twice now

-Pav, who wonders what's next for Norrin...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

My interpretation for Surfer's coloring is that he's still essentially lost some of his shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    My interpretation for Surfer's coloring is that he's still essentially lost some of his shell.
    So what? he can manipulate matter.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Silver Surfer Black 5 sold 52,618 copies in October, and outsold such titles as Fantastic Four and Avengers.

The Silver Surfer's 1997 cartoon can now be viewed on Disney Plus.

Anyone getting the Silver Surfer Black Treasury Edition?

I have to say, although the strange art kept me from buy the book right away, I was mistaken and can't wait to get the in the large Treasury format. This mini plus Immortal Hulk are the best things I've read from Marvel in a long time. It's such a shame Surfer doesn't get more love.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Any word on if we’ll get a follow up to SS:Black?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Anyone getting the Silver Surfer Black Treasury Edition?

I have to say, although the strange art kept me from buy the book right away, I was mistaken and can't wait to get the in the large Treasury format. This mini plus Immortal Hulk are the best things I've read from Marvel in a long time. It's such a shame Surfer doesn't get more love.
    How are these Treasury Editions? I never had any but I'll probably buy this and History of the Marvel Universe. I usually have the feeling that short HCs have binding problems, like it happened with the Premiere Editions Marvel was releasing during Marvel Now.
    When you say "large"... How large is it? more than OHC?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Any word on if we’ll get a follow up to SS:Black?
    Silver Surfer appeared in the latest Avengers comic, but it's not clear if they will mention anything about Black or just ignore it

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Silver Surfer appeared in the latest Avengers comic, but it's not clear if they will mention anything about Black or just ignore it
    Did he look like his new design at the end of SS Black?
    Baby Thanos