Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Exclamation SDCC 2019: Annihilation Is Only the Beginning...

And this is the only information Marvel gave out.

What could make Annihilus even worse than he ever was? Does he harbor a grudge against Johnny Storm for humiliating him?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

do people like annihilation because of the bugs

on that note, if we're gonna rehash and/or super size 2000's cosmic events, can we do it for the best one, WAR OF KINGS?!
    Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 07-19-2019 at 11:21 PM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Great cover by Olivetti. Annihilus looks like he's going to get a push. He has been a bit neglected.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

F***ing love Annihilus.
    My only wish is that I hope this involves Nova. To me, Annihilation made them arch/rivals and it would feel weird having one without the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    do people like annihilation because of the bugs

on that note, if we're gonna rehash and/or super size 2000's cosmic events, can we do it for the best one, WAR OF KINGS?!
    Annihilation is just a slight notch better than War of Kings for me.
    Would actually like to see Vulcan again.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really hope this is the beginning of a new era for our cosmic family of titles.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I really don't think this is another event as there is one already starting on December (unless this is a prologue to whatever's starting on December, I guess), and it's unlikely Annihilus would get his own book... so my guess right now is that this could be an Annihilators team book, with Annihilus as the main foe.

The original Annihilation took place at the same time as Civil War - it's how Nova avoided getting killed with the New Warriors. So it is possible that this cosmic event takes place at the same time as the December (probably Mephisto related) one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

...Torn. I loved the original Annihilation but so far just about every rehashing of an beloved event has turn out very flat.

When is the "house of idea's" going to start creating some NEW ideas, again?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Not sure if an Annhilation follow-up can live up to the original story, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

I hope they don't kill Rich off...

I mean, we did get a sequel with Annihilation: Conquest.

On the plus side, it's about time the Annihilation Fleet stopped getting Worfed.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Yes! My body is ready.

Annihilation is my favourite ever event so I’m pretty excited for this. Especially as Marvel seem to be on a bit of a cosmic resurgence. It has a lot to live up to but tbh, if it’s half as good as the original it’ll be worthy of a read.

I really hope Cates is writing this, everything he touches turns to gold and he’s done great work in the cosmic corner of the MU.

Annihilation was amazing and Annihilus is such an underrated and underdeveloped character. 90% of the time writers don't even seem to get his character right. Hickman did an amazing build up with him during his run and then completely dropped the ball and made Annihilus a joke. Even going so far as to have him sitting on the toilet in Johnny Storm's apartment. (maybe it was Peter Parker's I forget)

This is a character is is utterly obsessed and paranoid about death to the point that he despises all life because anything that is living is a threat to his own life. His lust for power and domination is focused on that one goal.

I agree that Hickman wrote a poor Annihilus (surprising, seeing as Hickman likes his villains)

how was annhilius portrayed for those mini series? Beyond the Fantastic Four, was he ever a major villain at all?