Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    sigh.. we'll see.. but another "plagiarism" excuse (Jonah's photo betrayal from years ago and now the accidental 'outing' at ESU) and I'm out the window.
    Peter DID plagiarize his thesis. Look I know a lot of people see that as enforcing the status-quo but that wasn't Spencer's fault or anyone's. IT was Slott's.

Slott was totally cynical in his entire run about Peter "progressing". It was built on crap. It was completely unearned every step of the way. He got the job at Horizon because Aunt May married Jameson Sr. who pulled strings and got Peter to work at Horizon, Ock created the company in his body, and so on and so forth. The reason Slott did that was that he wanted things both ways. He wanted Peter to taste some amount of advancement, mostly so that Slott didn't write Peter as a traditional struggling hero since he had no interest doing that...but he also wanted Peter to be young and dumb, and so he created Peter "Failing upwards" in that run.

And I don't think Peter working at Horizon was really interesting. It basically devolved into an excuse about big dumb props. The same with Worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think there’s a bit of nostalgia in there because I honestly don’t see any of the maturity.
    If you have specifics, I might have something to say. I re-read JMS' run from time to time, as I do earlier stuff. It's not based on memories and so on.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 07-21-2019 at 12:57 AM.