Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Robin's original costume...

I wish it would make a comeback, I liked it. When Dick was Robin it was like he was the bright ray of sunshine, the light to Batman's dark. The mask and the little Robin Hood shoes were a nice touch. If it came back with Damian that would be cool and a nice call back to the first Robin.

Damian would probably quit before he was seen in the old trunks and pixie boots, lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-20-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Retired

Of the modern Robins, Damian is probably the one must suited to the original outfit now. Classic Robin the Boy Wonder is like the character Puck--also called Robin Goodfellow--in Shakespeare's THE MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. He's a mischievous creature. So that odd costume well suits him.

Not gonna lie, I'm very glad the original outfit isn't in continuity anymore. Batman sending young boys out to fight crime in one of the worst cities in the country is bad enough without making them do it in scaly green panties XD

I'm surprised Damian has never worn it even once in main continuity, whether it's a joke, homage, plot point etc.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

lol, Damian wouldn't wanna be caught dead fighting with no pants.

Retired

Man, you Batman fans are never satisfied. Robin was outfitted with armour to protect his private parts--chainmail green pants, long before Batman himself wore armour--and a bullet-proof vest that doubled as a life-preserver. And Bruce was so concerned for Dick's safety at night that he had him wear bright colours so he'd be visible and not get hit by a car when crossing the street. How is that child endangerment?

I hope never see him with that costume..

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Damian would probably quite before he was seen in the old trunks and pixie boots, lol.
    Yeah.. He would change his alias for Redbird again..

Specially now that is one adolescent..He would feel even more ridiculous with the original robin costume.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-20-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

For some reason, I feel that the green, red, and yellow costume tends to look more stylish on women than on men.

The original Robin red vest is what Damian used for his first Robin costume. It is why DC getting rid of the original costume was odd because Damian's costume was using bits of it sort of.

I want it back, not as a current suit but as Dick's original costume in flashbacks and what not. It works for his character as a performer and hero.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

The first live-action Robin suit (1943):

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Of the modern Robins, Damian is probably the one must suited to the original outfit now. Classic Robin the Boy Wonder is like the character Puck--also called Robin Goodfellow--in Shakespeare's THE MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. He's a mischievous creature. So that odd costume well suits him.
    He is the Robin most similar to Robin Goodfellow. After all, no other Robin has done things that Puck does, like:
    -kidnaps people so they'll be his friends
    -create challenges in order to entertain someone and make them happy
    -complete impossible tasks in a 24 hour period at the command of an immortal ruler
    -collect animals
    -collect mythical animals
    -get called a pixie by villains
    -claims to age but doesn't
    -small, cute, and scary but appears harmless

While Damian hasn't worn the costume, and given how many adults have been too interested in his sexuality in canon (Detective Comics Annual 11 springs to mind) he never would Pyg did make a whole bunch of Dollotrons based on Damian and at least one was in the original costume.

Which would be one of those fridge horror moments everyone is glad to ignore desite it being a good HIC scene. All the other Robins talking about being unsure of who they are and Damian, "I feel very uncomfortable about Professor Pyg's interest. And that one time a naked lady tried to make me a man. And the way people comment on my development. I wear heavy clothes because I don't like when strangers me. Sometimes I wake up in the wrong clothes after being abducted, or else the people who've abducted me have outfits they want me to wear. My mother says that it's normal, but Talia and normal have never met and everyone else changes the subject. Is this normal? How do I train for it? Why do people keep ruffling my hair and otherwise touching me without permission or invitation?"

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I want it back, not as a current suit but as Dick's original costume in flashbacks and what not. It works for his character as a performer and hero.
    This!
    I'm sorry that this costume is banned even in the flashbacks. It's iconic and was the first one I loved as a child.