Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default When did you become a Superman fan?

When did you become a Superman fan? When did you realize you truly enjoyed his stories?

I think I've always liked him. It seems he has always been part of my life since I can remember. George Reeves TV show reruns, Superfriends (never missed an episode), but I think it was until Superman the Movie when I fell completely in love and have been a big fan since then.

sorry if we've had other threads like this but I wanted to know how you guys felt.

Since I was a small child so pretty much for as long as I can remember. I often enjoyed pretending I could fly in my Superman pajamas, good memories.

Edit - As for actual material the original movies.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-20-2019 at 04:14 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I think Superman III and IV were my first exposure to him and I remember being really freaked out by the robot lady in III, but loved IV as a kid.

For comics, it was Death, Reign, and Return. But kinda after the fact. I was given Superman 75 and all the Reign issues by a relative, but didn't really read them at the time. Adventures of Superman 505 was the first Superman comic I bought on my own, and from there I went back and got the whole storyline and then it was off the the races for the post-Crisis Bryne and then the triangle era.

Been hooked since more or less. Stopped reading the comics around Grounded, picked it up for the first 12 or so issues of New 52, but dropped them again until the Lois & Clark series.
    Last edited by Yoda; 07-20-2019 at 11:07 AM.

I can't remember a time when I wasn't. My earliest memories include me knowing of Superman I and II and I was a fan through and through. I have some fainter memories of Superfriends but I was mostly all about the movies. I didn't get into the comics until 1992-93, and that took it to new levels, but I've always been a fan.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-20-2019 at 11:09 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

It was difinitely the Christopher Reeve films and the Super Friends cartoon, then for a brief period I thought he was getting dull as my friends and I were getting into other things like G.I.Joe and Transformers that it wasn't until my interest piqued again with the Death Of Superman hype and I went on a hunt for back issues starting with John Byrne's 1986 reboot that I regained my faith in Big Blue again.

When I saw a volume of Grant Morrison’s JLA at the local library with Electric Blue Superman on the cover. I thought that was the coolest thing ever and checked it out. The cartoons definitely helped there as well but it was that volume I saw as a kid that got me started.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-20-2019 at 12:26 PM.