Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    It sounds far better than what we got. I'll take extreme violence over extreme ineptitude any day.

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It sounds far better than what we got. I'll take extreme violence over extreme ineptitude any day.
    As far as extreme violence goes, decapitation is pretty tame. And it's not like Steppenwolf looks human enough for it to be a big deal.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wow........consider me glad that the Snyder cut didn't make to the end now that I read this. Having Wonder Woman cut off Steppenwolf's head is way to aggressive and violent for me. That just seems way out of character for Diana IMO.
    Freeze breath may or may not actually hold someone for any length of time. You could take it as her using the opportunity to get a clean kill before he gets loose again.

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As far as extreme violence goes, decapitation is pretty tame. And it's not like Steppenwolf looks human enough for it to be a big deal.
    I'm picturing someone sitting in an interrogation room and telling a police officer that, it's not going over very well.

  5. #20
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Looks like Snyder needs attention. He sure is talking an awful lot since he's out of the picture lol.
    Eh, its his own social media account. He's free to do as he pleases, and to be fair he gets a lot of questions from fans of the films. I mean, in my opinion most details he's given sound god-awful, just like everything BvS forward. But there's no good reason why he shouldn't share.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  6. #21
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Meh. Supposedly his Justice League would've also featured Diana failing to save the hostages in her first scene, still getting her ass handed to her by Superman, and (allegedly) murdered by Darkseid in the second JL movie. But I guess in Snyder's world, decapitation makes up for that.

    Theatrical cut, Snyder cut...show me the cut of the movie that doesn't turn Wonder Woman and the rest of the League into chumps. Otherwise, screw the both of them.

    I've decided my head-canon is Justice League was just a weird fever dream Superman had as he was coming back to life at end of Batman v. Superman (remember, the casket started vibrating).
    "As I woke up, I had the strangest dream. Some stupid-looking doofus invaded earth because I was dead, and for some reason no one could stop him. So you guys dug up my grave and brought me back, and after beating the hell out of you all single-handed, I defeated him with two punches. Everyone was making obnoxious quips and something was wrong with my face...like I was supposed to have a mustache but didn't. It was awful."
    I actually wish that was the legit explanation.

    BVS and JUSTICE LEAGUE were bad dreams Batman had and because of them he decides to just be pals with Superman and Wonder Woman and not cause such a silly chain of events.

    The line Aquaman mentions about "fighting a god" in his movie could just refer to something else entirely.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It sounds far better than what we got. I'll take extreme violence over extreme ineptitude any day.
    With Snyder you get both though imo.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Although I would have liked to have seen Wonder Woman go "toe to toe" with Steppenwolf without the assistance of the other Justice Leaguers, even if this "decapitation" had been a major, heroic moment for Diana, the other aspects of Diana's rumoured storyline in the Snyder Cut, especially Diana failing to stop the bomb from killing a bunch of people, including a large number of school children, are very much not what I want to see for Wonder Woman.

    Even in the storyboards, the decapitation appears to come when Steppenwolf has already lost. And I don't ever see Diana murdering someone unless it was necessary to preserve the lives of others. I can't envisage Diana killing someone out of vengeance, especially if they're already defeated.

  9. #24
    Mighty Member Lokimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Meh. Supposedly his Justice League would've also featured Diana failing to save the hostages in her first scene, still getting her ass handed to her by Superman, and (allegedly) murdered by Darkseid in the second JL movie. But I guess in Snyder's world, decapitation makes up for that.

    Theatrical cut, Snyder cut...show me the cut of the movie that doesn't turn Wonder Woman and the rest of the League into chumps. Otherwise, screw the both of them.

    I've decided my head-canon is Justice League was just a weird fever dream Superman had as he was coming back to life at end of Batman v. Superman (remember, the casket started vibrating).
    "As I woke up, I had the strangest dream. Some stupid-looking doofus invaded earth because I was dead, and for some reason no one could stop him. So you guys dug up my grave and brought me back, and after beating the hell out of you all single-handed, I defeated him with two punches. Everyone was making obnoxious quips and something was wrong with my face...like I was supposed to have a mustache but didn't. It was awful."
    EXTENDED - While Wonder Woman tries to save the hostages at Old Bailey, some action shots and close-ups are deleted. Also, a secondary explosion does go off at this location and Wonder Woman fails to stop it. There are no casualties though.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Although I would have liked to have seen Wonder Woman go "toe to toe" with Steppenwolf without the assistance of the other Justice Leaguers, even if this "decapitation" had been a major, heroic moment for Diana, the other aspects of Diana's rumoured storyline in the Snyder Cut, especially Diana failing to stop the bomb from killing a bunch of people, including a large number of school children, are very much not what I want to see for Wonder Woman.

    Even in the storyboards, the decapitation appears to come when Steppenwolf has already lost. And I don't ever see Diana murdering someone unless it was necessary to preserve the lives of others. I can't envisage Diana killing someone out of vengeance, especially if they're already defeated.

    My thoughts exactly on the Diana killing thing. She would only do it as a last resort to save lives, not after an enemy has been defeated.
    Currently Reading:Batman & The Outsiders, Doomsday Clock, Female Furies, Freedom Fighters, Hawkman, Heroes in Crisis, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Shazam, Wonder Twins, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Doesn't she already have a bad rep for being the "Bane Of Necks"? But to do it when the fight is pretty much over and to send a message as well?

    Between this and the costume designer comments about the red on her costume being the "congealed blood of her victims" (a curious choice using the word victims and not enemies) I'm glad Patty came in and is seemingly steering wonder womans path to a lighter tone.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Doesn't she already have a bad rep for being the "Bane Of Necks"? But to do it when the fight is pretty much over and to send a message as well?

    Between this and the costume designer comments about the red on her costume being the "congealed blood of her victims" (a curious choice using the word victims and not enemies) I'm glad Patty came in and is seemingly steering wonder womans path to a lighter tone.
    Please tell me this is a joke. How the hell did these people get put in charge of creating a DC Cinematic universe? Good God Snyder and his cronies really had no clue about the characters they’re adapting. So thankful they’re gone.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,276

    Default

    The Justice League we got was a mess, but a fun mess overall.

    The stuff I've seen that would have been from Snyder... Hard pass.

  14. #29
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. How the hell did these people get put in charge of creating a DC Cinematic universe? Good God Snyder and his cronies really had no clue about the characters they’re adapting. So thankful they’re gone.
    Well as they explain it that the blood enriches the red but you can read it here:
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/26/...ostume-in-jus/

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wow........consider me glad that the Snyder cut didn't make to the end now that I read this. Having Wonder Woman cut off Steppenwolf's head is way to aggressive and violent for me. That just seems way out of character for Diana IMO.
    Diana knows when to use compassion and when to go for the kill
    thats why she doesnt have lots of villains like Bat and supes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •