Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It sounds far better than what we got. I'll take extreme violence over extreme ineptitude any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It sounds far better than what we got. I'll take extreme violence over extreme ineptitude any day.
    As far as extreme violence goes, decapitation is pretty tame. And it's not like Steppenwolf looks human enough for it to be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wow........consider me glad that the Snyder cut didn't make to the end now that I read this. Having Wonder Woman cut off Steppenwolf's head is way to aggressive and violent for me. That just seems way out of character for Diana IMO.
    Freeze breath may or may not actually hold someone for any length of time. You could take it as her using the opportunity to get a clean kill before he gets loose again.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As far as extreme violence goes, decapitation is pretty tame. And it's not like Steppenwolf looks human enough for it to be a big deal.
    I'm picturing someone sitting in an interrogation room and telling a police officer that, it's not going over very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Looks like Snyder needs attention. He sure is talking an awful lot since he's out of the picture lol.
    Eh, its his own social media account. He's free to do as he pleases, and to be fair he gets a lot of questions from fans of the films. I mean, in my opinion most details he's given sound god-awful, just like everything BvS forward. But there's no good reason why he shouldn't share.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Meh. Supposedly his Justice League would've also featured Diana failing to save the hostages in her first scene, still getting her ass handed to her by Superman, and (allegedly) murdered by Darkseid in the second JL movie. But I guess in Snyder's world, decapitation makes up for that.

Theatrical cut, Snyder cut...show me the cut of the movie that doesn't turn Wonder Woman and the rest of the League into chumps. Otherwise, screw the both of them.

I've decided my head-canon is Justice League was just a weird fever dream Superman had as he was coming back to life at end of Batman v. Superman (remember, the casket started vibrating).
    "As I woke up, I had the strangest dream. Some stupid-looking doofus invaded earth because I was dead, and for some reason no one could stop him. So you guys dug up my grave and brought me back, and after beating the hell out of you all single-handed, I defeated him with two punches. Everyone was making obnoxious quips and something was wrong with my face...like I was supposed to have a mustache but didn't. It was awful."
    I actually wish that was the legit explanation.

BVS and JUSTICE LEAGUE were bad dreams Batman had and because of them he decides to just be pals with Superman and Wonder Woman and not cause such a silly chain of events.

The line Aquaman mentions about "fighting a god" in his movie could just refer to something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    With Snyder you get both though imo.

Incredible Member

Although I would have liked to have seen Wonder Woman go "toe to toe" with Steppenwolf without the assistance of the other Justice Leaguers, even if this "decapitation" had been a major, heroic moment for Diana, the other aspects of Diana's rumoured storyline in the Snyder Cut, especially Diana failing to stop the bomb from killing a bunch of people, including a large number of school children, are very much not what I want to see for Wonder Woman.

Even in the storyboards, the decapitation appears to come when Steppenwolf has already lost. And I don't ever see Diana murdering someone unless it was necessary to preserve the lives of others. I can't envisage Diana killing someone out of vengeance, especially if they're already defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Meh. Supposedly his Justice League would've also featured Diana failing to save the hostages in her first scene, still getting her ass handed to her by Superman, and (allegedly) murdered by Darkseid in the second JL movie. But I guess in Snyder's world, decapitation makes up for that.

Theatrical cut, Snyder cut...show me the cut of the movie that doesn't turn Wonder Woman and the rest of the League into chumps. Otherwise, screw the both of them.

I've decided my head-canon is Justice League was just a weird fever dream Superman had as he was coming back to life at end of Batman v. Superman (remember, the casket started vibrating).
    "As I woke up, I had the strangest dream. Some stupid-looking doofus invaded earth because I was dead, and for some reason no one could stop him. So you guys dug up my grave and brought me back, and after beating the hell out of you all single-handed, I defeated him with two punches. Everyone was making obnoxious quips and something was wrong with my face...like I was supposed to have a mustache but didn't. It was awful."
    EXTENDED - While Wonder Woman tries to save the hostages at Old Bailey, some action shots and close-ups are deleted. Also, a secondary explosion does go off at this location and Wonder Woman fails to stop it. There are no casualties though.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Although I would have liked to have seen Wonder Woman go "toe to toe" with Steppenwolf without the assistance of the other Justice Leaguers, even if this "decapitation" had been a major, heroic moment for Diana, the other aspects of Diana's rumoured storyline in the Snyder Cut, especially Diana failing to stop the bomb from killing a bunch of people, including a large number of school children, are very much not what I want to see for Wonder Woman.

Even in the storyboards, the decapitation appears to come when Steppenwolf has already lost. And I don't ever see Diana murdering someone unless it was necessary to preserve the lives of others. I can't envisage Diana killing someone out of vengeance, especially if they're already defeated.

My thoughts exactly on the Diana killing thing. She would only do it as a last resort to save lives, not after an enemy has been defeated.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Doesn't she already have a bad rep for being the "Bane Of Necks"? But to do it when the fight is pretty much over and to send a message as well?

Between this and the costume designer comments about the red on her costume being the "congealed blood of her victims" (a curious choice using the word victims and not enemies) I'm glad Patty came in and is seemingly steering wonder womans path to a lighter tone.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Doesn't she already have a bad rep for being the "Bane Of Necks"? But to do it when the fight is pretty much over and to send a message as well?

Between this and the costume designer comments about the red on her costume being the "congealed blood of her victims" (a curious choice using the word victims and not enemies) I'm glad Patty came in and is seemingly steering wonder womans path to a lighter tone.
    Please tell me this is a joke. How the hell did these people get put in charge of creating a DC Cinematic universe? Good God Snyder and his cronies really had no clue about the characters they’re adapting. So thankful they’re gone.

The Justice League we got was a mess, but a fun mess overall.

The stuff I've seen that would have been from Snyder... Hard pass.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke. How the hell did these people get put in charge of creating a DC Cinematic universe? Good God Snyder and his cronies really had no clue about the characters they’re adapting. So thankful they’re gone.
    Well as they explain it that the blood enriches the red but you can read it here:
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/26/...ostume-in-jus/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Wow........consider me glad that the Snyder cut didn't make to the end now that I read this. Having Wonder Woman cut off Steppenwolf's head is way to aggressive and violent for me. That just seems way out of character for Diana IMO.
    Diana knows when to use compassion and when to go for the kill
    thats why she doesnt have lots of villains like Bat and supes