131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The 2009 series lasted 50 issues.
    Didn't remember the actual amount of issues, but I did remember it doing solid business for a mid-tier book.

That being said, I also remember those UXM: WotR numbers. Not sure about Dead Souls. I'm guessing sales sucked?

Edit: Whaddya know, they kinda did. Still better than AoXM, though, lol.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-22-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The 2009 series lasted 50 issues.
    Wow, I cant recall the last series I read that got that high. Blue/Gold came the closest

BANNED

All-New X-Men v1 lasted 41 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Plus Hickman did say if sales weren't good, he has a more drastic plan B. So he's been preparing different avenues depending on how difficult the Market / fanbase is.
    This has been sticking in my head for the past half a day. Which means what Hickman said is something I must need to comment on.

It's... interesting... when the planned response to "our books didn't sell very well like we wanted" is "let's get even MORE off the wall, wild directions, the works."

I don't want to say where I would go with things because I don't want to give Marvel any ideas. But this is a very interesting and telling kind of remark.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’ve found these boards aren’t exactly reflective of the broader fandom. I’m betting saleswise X-Force will be #2 behind X-men. We’ll see, but that’s my prediction.
    There is good chance of that Marauders name isn't a X-men associated brand name and X-force is, plus it has Wolverine,Beast, Jean Grey, Colossus a solid group of classic X-men. It is safer bet for number 2 . Marauders I think has high upside if it is good book. I think it has best constructed team out of all the books with active concept. If it had the standard X-men name with an adjective it would easily be number 2 book imo

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'll take that bet too.

The one thing I'm curious about is what kind of sales boost Hickman's name will give to the New Mutants. Let's be real, if Hickman wasn't attached to it, we'd put the book's prospects in the lower tier with Fallen Angels, right?
    With fallen angels no it is tier above in the good to just above cancellation. New Mutants has had long runs .It is solid brand. They have brought back almost all the big names fully powered. I think Sunspot and Magik have elevated profiles. With Magik a good run from being a break out A-list character. I think they are in much better shape than the past. If Mondo was replaced Cannonball or Synch I would feel more confident.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, no.
    Sorry they have barely existed at the same time let alone being romantically related until very recently. (so we just come from a period of almost 15 years of little interaction between Jean and Scott)
    Yeah, no what? I'm only using them as an example but you can't hardly suggest that the idea of Jean/Scott is new, fresh, and exciting. The opposite in fact. Is anyone aside from ardent shippers anyway excited for more Scott and Jean relationship drama under Hickman? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Normally, I'll just ignore you, but I'd LOOOOOOVE to hear your argument there.
    Great. Thanks for continuing to enable him.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    There’re so many projected fetishes in the comicbook industry so it’s probably just
    You called me out of touch and biased and claimed any sort of "open relationship" depectied would be met with massive backlash by readers.

When asked to elborate on those statements you stated that "You know things" and went on a tangent about Marvel's lack of diversity rep....for some reason??

I'm sure your massive resistance is completely unrelated to the fact that every single one of the ships in your sig are straight white alpha bros + straight white women.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 07-23-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

1-yeah, no to your affirmation that there is 50 years of story between them, because there aren't. Their original selves even existing at the same time hasn't been a thing since 2004. They can't keep killing them or not interacting at all forever.
    2- of course nobody but the fans of the respective ships care about this and? Not everybody cares about romy,jott, scemma or if cyclops suddenly started banging psylocke. Which is not my problem, i never said they shouldn't be on other relationships but in a case like that you will already have the people that like him with emma, jean or alone againts that.
    3-but these characters do have connections and will be forced to interact forever, these characters relationships have a huge influence on what the characters do and who they are, or play a role on other characters lives even when they are not together, i don't know under what circunstances or what kind of relationship they would have but it will probably be better if it is positive or something entertaining instead of nothing or angst.

4- Now let's imagine that for example Cyclops was paired with Betsy, now what? after a few years to try something new then he is paired with Frenzy and what about after that? Did any of that even mean something or did anything for the character?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-23-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Let's see because they're already showing new kids/students so I'm assuming some kind of school/academy will be present.
    I not talking about adding more firewood to the pile, and more school stuff. How about they set aside a book to develop the Academy X kids as young X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I not talking about adding more firewood to the pile, and more school stuff. How about they set aside a book to develop the Academy X kids as young X-Men?
    I think the books are probably going to get 12 issues and then Dawn of X part 2 comes out next year and the books might get revamped again. Whichever books are doing well would continue in Dawn of X part 2 and the ones that aren't doing well will get cancelled and retooled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Because that would require abandoning the conceit that the core X-Men are frozen in time. JDW has made it clear that one of the main reasons the Academy X students have been frozen out is because they age the O5/etc. too much.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the books are probably going to get 12 issues and then Dawn of X part 2 comes out next year and the books might get revamped again. Whichever books are doing well would continue in Dawn of X part 2 and the ones that aren't doing well will get cancelled and retooled.
    Normally, I'd agree with this, but based on when the X-Cellent is set to launch I think that they already have a defined plan in mind to just add to the current line early next year, as well as that Vita Ayala and Leah Williams have books coming up. It'd be more around the lunch of a potential third wave that we'd start to see stories end and books be canceled.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because that would require abandoning the conceit that the core X-Men are frozen in time. JDW has made it clear that one of the main reasons the Academy X students have been frozen out is because they age the O5/etc. too much.
    Makes a lot of sense.

Astonishing Member

I'm not as interested in the line-ups as I thought I'd be but I'll try everything but X-Men and Fallen Angels. As much as I like Cyclops (top 5 X-Men for me), I have no interest in seeing a Summers family reunion so I'll skip that arc until a new roster rotates in. Fallen Angels just doesn't capture my attention but I'm happy to see them give Psylocke her own story. Marauders is the one I'm most excited for. It was a bit disappointing to see that Storm or Emma aren't leading especially since Kitty's lackluster run as leader on Gold, but I'm willing to give Duggan a chance and see how he makes everyone contribute. Excalibur looks great with Gambit and Rogue along with the new Captain Britain. The idea of exploring mutants' relationship to magic is cool and the addition of Apocalypse leaves me with a whole lot of questions lol.

X-Force looks solid but that Jean outfit is atrocious. Mutant CIA has a lot of potential and it'll be interesting to see some of the missions and compromises the team is gonna have to take. And I'm getting New Mutants more because I like the Starjammers, but I'm still hoping it's great for everyone involved.

Simply seeing that Marvel has finally (I hope) come to their senses and decided to put Rogue back in her iconic uniform is enough to make me excited for "Excalibur". I will definitely be checking that one and possibly "X-Men". The rest don't seem to have enough characters I used to enjoy.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

WHAT DO YOU THINK: Monet Magneto Archangel Husk Nightcrawler Multiple Man Strong guy Polaris Mystique Sabretooth Armor and Hope are up to in the near future?