131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yu sure loves to do this

I'm hyped for this book (X-men by Hickman) but that cover looks rushed and now seen that it is also a copy of this one really makes me wish some other artist was on this book.

why can't we keep Larraz

larraz needs to recharge his power

ask for jorge molina
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

eehhheheh mauraders has some smash mouth characters it'll be fiiiine

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Hickman joked that all answers about Bobby can be found in Heroes in Crisis #8, before saying Bobby is in Marauders."

...I don't really get the joke/reference lol.
    pffff what a lord, stuff like this is why i'm shocked they even do live q&a
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I must say I am “assez” pleased and very intrigued by the new books.

My order os preference:
    1. Excalibur
    2. Marauders
    3. Fallen Angels
    4. X-Force
    5. New Mutants
    6. X-Men

The only part I don’t like is that the flagship is the summers-grey book. Feels boring to me.

But Excalibur feels fresh. Happy for Betsy. Love seeing her with Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee. Also love Rictor and Otherworld in general!

Also happy for Kwannon. Hope they make her character justice (but I feel she just is going to be ninja, sexy assasin and that Betsy will get a newer fresher personality)

Marauders has some of the best characters. Full of win!
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 07-22-2019 at 06:40 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Hickman is just one in a long line of writers Marvel is banking onto to save the X-Men. Frankly they currently are trying to expand the line too quickly especially given the unhealthy recent numbers. Marvel clearly wants a quick turn around, but it remains a question if the readership exists for these new books. I think Excalibur, Fallen Angels and Marauders are dead on arrival. Especially Excalibur (and MI-13) which even during the much better Quesada years was never a strong seller.
    First off, well said about the expansion. They’re trying to make a sharp turn way, waaaay too quickly. It’s almost jarring. I can’t be the only one that expected a flagship and 1 satellite book after HoX/PoX which would then MAYBE lead into more satellite books and solos as time went on. 6 books right outta the gate? At least 2 of those will die prematurely. If you’re right then 3—half of them.

Funny thing about Marauders, I think it’ll survive, barely, because of the lineup. But the novelty on these books are gonna wear thin, and that pains me because Emma is on that book and I hate to see my favorite characters fall through the ice. They keep saying we won’t “get” the Wave 1 books until we understand the new premise, but these books have to compete against other books. When’s Wave 1 start-ish? September/October? What do we probably have?

Absolute Carnage
    Immortal Hulk
    Ghost Rider Relaunch/event
    Three Jokers
    DdC
    Legion of Superheroes

Hickman and Marvel came up with a contingency storyline on the chance this first part of their relaunch isn’t up to expectations. That says something to me.

Edit: I have to edit this part in because I made myself angry at Marvel—one of the biggest problems I know people had was the lack of a focused book for the X-Men. It’s not ideal to have so many X-Books and we’ve had that for a bit. When Marvel first revealed Uncanny was coming back, people were so excited! All books get collapsed into Uncanny. It’s the flagship, and then a couple of satellites. That’s what we were sold—literally. Marvel straight up lied by saying it was an ongoing rather than admitting it was a 22 issue maxi-series to lead into 6 months of AoXm books. So they swindled money from us. Maybe I’m so predisposed to blaming them that I hear this, but in a podcast JDW admits they knew for like two years Hickman was on, and knew Uncanny was going to end prematurely, but they didn’t want to admit it, so they lied. He didn’t even bother to explain why because even he knew it was bs. He stumbles over his own words when he catches himself boxed in. If I find the link to the podcast, I’ll post it.

So then we get over that and then we’re told after AoXm Hickman will relaunch the line, but it turns out to be another 6 singular books rather than one or two cohesive books just for Wave 1.

Edit 2: Here’s the link to the podcast if you’re curious to see JDW claw himself out of admitting they lied about Uncanny being an ongoing - https://aipt-comics.simplecast.com/e...-talk?t=52m58s
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 07-21-2019 at 08:57 PM.

If it was just 2 books, I would've been really disappointed. The X-Men are too big to try and cram an entire franchise into just a small number of entries. Someone's favorite would've been missing or cut out for panel-space. As it is, we still have people stating their favorites are not in any of the books yet.

It may be a little fast, but I rather we get book diversity. Also in this case, I don't think timing matters or not in terms of a book surviving, it'd be competing against those other books regardless of when it gets introduced.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 07-21-2019 at 09:04 PM.

I'm suddenly reminded of when the X-Men franchise had ~12-14 books and Marvel abruptly cut that down by half, putting it at its current number of 6. Back when they were trying to replace the X-Men with Inhumans.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    First off, well said about the expansion. They’re trying to make a sharp turn way, waaaay too quickly. It’s almost jarring. I can’t be the only one that expected a flagship and 1 satellite book after HoX/PoX which would then MAYBE lead into more satellite books and solos as time went on. 6 books right outta the gate? At least 2 of those will die prematurely. If you’re right then 3—half of them.

Funny thing about Marauders, I think it’ll survive, barely, because of the lineup. But the novelty on these books are gonna wear thin, and that pains me because Emma is on that book and I hate to see my favorite characters fall through the ice. They keep saying we won’t “get” the Wave 1 books until we understand the new premise, but these books have to compete against other books. When’s Wave 1 start-ish? September/October? What do we probably have?

Absolute Carnage
    Immortal Hulk
    Three Jokers
    DdC
    Legion of Superheroes

Hickman and Marvel came up with a contingency storyline on the chance this first part of their relaunch isn’t up to expectations. That says something to me.

Edit: I have to edit this part in because I made myself angry at Marvel—one of the biggest problems I know people had was the lack of a focused book for the X-Men. It’s not ideal to have so many X-Books and we’ve had that for a bit. When Marvel first revealed Uncanny was coming back, people were so excited! All books get collapsed into Uncanny. It’s the flagship, and then a couple of satellites. That’s what we were sold—literally. Marvel straight up lied by saying it was an ongoing rather than admitting it was a 22 issue maxi-series to lead into 6 months of AoXm books. So they swindled money from us. Maybe I’m so predisposed to blaming them that I hear this, but in a podcast JDW admits they knew for like two years Hickman was on, and knew Uncanny was going to end prematurely, but they didn’t want to admit it, so they lied. He didn’t even bother to explain why because even he knew it was bs. He stumbles over his own words when he catches himself boxed in. If I find the link to the podcast, I’ll post it.

So then we get over that and then we’re told after AoXm Hickman will relaunch the line, but it turns out to be another 6 singular books rather than one or two cohesive books just for Wave 1.

Edit 2: Here’s the link to the podcast if you’re curious to see JDW claw himself out of admitting they lied about Uncanny being an ongoing - https://aipt-comics.simplecast.com/e...-talk?t=52m58s
    Honestly speaking, Marvel (and DC) routinely lie and engage in hyperbole. It's called marketing; they're trying to sell a product. I used to get bent out of shape feeling my trust was broken but, really, it's just business on their end.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    If it was just 2 books, I would've been really disappointed. The X-Men are too big to try and cram an entire franchise into just a small number of entries. Someone's favorite would've been missing or cut out for panel-space. As it is, we still have people stating their favorites are not in any of the books yet.

It may be a little fast, but I rather we get book diversity. Also in this case, I don't think timing matters or not in terms of a book surviving, it'd be competing against those other books regardless of when it gets introduced.
    I don’t think 6 books is a lot either. It’s a solid number to build on the new X-universe and develop a huge cast of characters.

Astonishing Member

I see the doomsayers have descended upon this thread well it's to be expected. Well hopefully a good majority of the books end up being successful enough going forward. I'm personally rooting for X-Men, X-Force, Marauders, and Excalibur.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wait...how are all of the New Mutants together? Weren't about half of them dead by the end of Uncanny? And god dammit, someone just needs to put Quire in the ground already.

*SIGH* Guess I'm getting Fallen Angels. Been a while since we've seen Psylocke and X truly teamed up. Part of me hopes we get a scene of Laura and Betsy swapping stories about Warren, and talking about how weird it is that Betsy basically got Laura's sloppy seconds.

Of COURSE Logan has two teams. And I'm sure there's more to follow in the next wave. :-P
    What on EARTH are you sighing for? You're fave is pretty much head lining a comic and you're still unhappy? You know she also could have easily been limboed, right?

Think of the poor Lorna fans who have to deal with the fact she will always be an irrelevant character.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

Absolute Carnage
    Immortal Hulk
    Three Jokers
    DdC
    Legion of Superheroes

Since when 22 issues is not ongoing? it is not a mini or maxi. They new that it will have 22 issues and will end. But it is till ongoing that you could read monthly.

Spectacular Member

I wanted more for the X-Men tbh I'm Over the Summers-Grey family and I'm over The OG New Mutants as they are rather boring tbh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I must say I am “assez” pleased and very intrigued by the new books.

My order os preference:
    1. Excalibur
    2. Marauders
    3. Fallen Angels
    4. X-Force
    5. New Mutants
    6. X-Men

The only part I don’t like is that the flagship os the summers-frey book. Feels boring to me.

But Excalibur feels fresh. Happy for Betsy. Love seeing her with Rogue, Gambit and Jubilee. Also love Rictor and Otherworld in general!

Also happy for Kwannon. Hope they make her character justice (but I feel she just is going to be ninja, sexy assasin and that Betsy will get a newer fresher personality)

Marauders has some of the best characters. Full of win!
    I don't get this, one the X-Men Solicits don't imply that at all if anything they say the roster will be ever changing. Another is that the Dynamics between the Summer-Grey family has been largely ignored despite the rich story telling potential.

Where is Archangel...??