257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    there's multiple alternate futures. PoX is just one possible one. X-Force had one most similar to the one where he had come from and he probaly should have stayed
    That's the funny thing about futures, we assume the future that Cable went to was an alternate future one, similar to that of OML or DOFP, but Extermination and X Force shows that timeline is still apart of 616, since it was almost erased the moment one of the O5 died, so any changes that happen in 616 can effect his time. It's quite possible the POX timeline might have replaced his timeline. Why he's not effected? Let's just say he's paradox, like Professor Zoom, comics tend to give explanations like that. And have him try and fix that. But if we're being honest, what's OG Cable's excuse for hanging in the past after he finished his mission?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    That's the funny thing about futures, we assume the future that Cable went to was an alternate future one, similar to that of OML or DOFP, but Extermination and X Force shows that timeline is still apart of 616, since it was almost erased the moment one of the O5 died, so any changes that happen in 616 can effect his time. It's quite possible the POX timeline might have replaced his timeline. Why he's not effected? Let's just say he's paradox, like Professor Zoom, comics tend to give explanations like that. And have him try and fix that. But if we're being honest, what's OG Cable's excuse for hanging in the past after he finished his mission?
    It was almost erased because the O5 not going back would cause the 616 to not happen, meaning Cable not born, meaning Cable not sent to that future timeline, etc etc etc... plus Marvel stopped caring about time travel rules.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    they branch off from 616; they aren’t 616

OG Cable states bc he is from present day 616. He made a life for himself and had connections. Where else was he gonna go? The Apocslyose future theoretically was prevented when A was defeated in The Twelve and even if it wasnt, it’s not something he’d want to go back to
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-02-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ouch. Taken too soon. We need Taylor on another X-Men book headlined by Marvel Girl
    His Spider-man book is ending but I find unlikely Taylor coming back to X-men.

BANNED

Taylor did wonders on X-men Red but he was so generic with Laura. Both he and Bendis stripped Laura of her edge and much of her complexity.
    He had his run, some good and some bad things but it is over, he doesn't need to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Taylor did wonders on X-men Red but he was so generic with Laura. Both he and Bendis stripped Laura of her edge and much of her complexity.
    He had his run, some good and some bad things but it is over, he doesn't need to come back.
    His run with Laura is over, but he still has potential to write Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    His run with Laura is over, but he still has potential to write Jean
    I see from where you are coming, I too enjoyed Red greatly but thunder doesn't strike twice on the same place.
    I don't think that making another X-men Red would have the same succes or be as interesting. Much of the appeal of X-men Red was that "Jean just came back let's see what she will do!" feeling. X-men Red was a book born of specific circunstances, it was Jean's return after so freaking long, it was a disguised solo but at the end of the day the X-men are a team.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    I see from where you are coming, I too enjoyed Red greatly but thunder doesn't strike twice on the same place.
    I don't think that making another X-men Red would have the same succes or be as interesting. Much of the appeal of X-men Red was that "Jean just came back let's see what she will do!" feeling. X-men Red was a book born of specific circunstances, it was Jean's return after so freaking long, it was a disguised solo but at the end of the day the X-men are a team.
    Taylor didn't had a long run on x-men like Claremont did. It's not like he is out of stories.

Sure I don't want a exactly copy of x-men Red, I want a new concept. X-men haven't been a team book for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they branch off from 616; they aren’t 616

OG Cable states bc he is from present day 616. He made a life for himself and had connections. Where else was he gonna go? The Apocslyose future theoretically was prevented when A was defeated in The Twelve and even if it wasnt, it’s not something he’d want to go back to
    Even so, nothing states Kid Cable can't hang around for a bit. He killed himself, there's now no Cable to monitor and protect the timeline, he can step in and fill that role. He can be in the present for years and return the second he left the future. Plus I don't think he worries about getting killed, because he knows how and when his life ends.

BANNED

I like Kid Cable and want to see him hang out with Jean as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    His Spider-man book is ending but I find unlikely Taylor coming back to X-men.
    Friendly Neighborhood is not ending, Bleeding Cool is just dumb and somehow forgot about the already solicited October issue. Anyway, #BuySuperiorInstead.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Friendly Neighborhood is not ending, Bleeding Cool is just dumb and somehow forgot about the already solicited October issue. Anyway, #BuySuperiorInstead.
    There goes my 5% of hope.

BANNED

XMen summits would be very awkward for Tom Taylor now that Duggan is in the XOffice. He'd have to look him in the eyes while he makes his story pitch that is a blatant ripoff of what Duggan made the year prior.

Comic Geek in General

1). Where’s Archangel in all this?

2). I’m sure they’ll explain how Wolfsbane, Havok, Chamber, Banshee, Sunspot, Strong Guy (shown in the Panel line up) and Magik are Back.....heck, didn’t Mondo die when Bastion kidnapped Jubilee?

3). Wolverine only in 2 X Teams? He’s slipping.......unless there’s some more teams for him to join in Wave 2.......(there’s still X Factor, Generation X, Externals, Exiles, New Fantastic Four, New Avengers, New X Men to join)

4). Interesting line up for Cyclops’ Core Team.......wonder how he’ll keep Havok and Vulcan from settling their feud (oh yeah, he has 2 telepaths on the team too.......) or even his father from settling things with Vulcan

5). If Vulcan is back, are Sway, Petra also returning? What of Diamond Lil?

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    1). Where’s Archangel in all this?

2). I’m sure they’ll explain how Wolfsbane, Havok, Chamber, Banshee, Sunspot, Strong Guy (shown in the Panel line up) and Magik are Back.....heck, didn’t Mondo die when Bastion kidnapped Jubilee?

3). Wolverine only in 2 X Teams? He’s slipping.......unless there’s some more teams for him to join in Wave 2.......(there’s still X Factor, Generation X, Externals, Exiles, New Fantastic Four, New Avengers, New X Men to join)

4). Interesting line up for Cyclops’ Core Team.......wonder how he’ll keep Havok and Vulcan from settling their feud (oh yeah, he has 2 telepaths on the team too.......) or even his father from settling things with Vulcan

5). If Vulcan is back, are Sway, Petra also returning? What of Diamond Lil?
    1. Hopefully not killed in HoX

2. That was a clone. The real Mondo showed up towards the end of Gen X before Counter X

3. Guessing this is just sarcasm

4. Cyclops doesnt have a core team. The book will work on a rotating roster and most of those characters likely wont be in the second arc

5. I wouldnt bet on it.