257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1400

Yeah, I'm getting good vibes from Fallen Angels. I think rather unknown title of it, seemingly non-a-list cast, and (admittedly still) vague premise kept it from being an immediate draw but I feel like it could be the sleeper hit of the line.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The more Hill reveals about Fallen Angels (in combination with that sexy art), the more I think I’m MOST excited for that title. I can’t wait to see how he writes Magneto.
    I mean magneto doing magneto things, x-23 relationship to the new xmen being acknowledged and talked about(possibly certne new xmen member who was screwed over by the xmen joining, and dazzler), and the teaser image looks like a horror comic setting up a very different tone form the other books. I have high Hope's for it

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah any time he talks about it I get more intrigued
    Not to mention the cast isn’t only gonna be these three and there might be a lot of supporting roles too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, this is gonna be the good ****. The way Hill talked about how Magneto resonated with him was one of the reasons I decided to give FA a chance.
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...698770432?s=21
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...710658048?s=21
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...160070656?s=21

AiPT!: Such eclectic picks–love it! Now, who is your favorite X-Men character and why?

Bryan: Magneto. When you’re a black kid growing up in Saint Louis and you feel like the world is trying to get you, Magneto makes a WHOLE LOT of sense.
    I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean magneto doing magneto things, x-23 relationship to the new xmen being acknowledged and talked about(possibly certne new xmen member who was screwed over by the xmen joining, and dazzler), and the teaser image looks like a horror comic setting up a very different tone form the other books. I have high Hope's for it
    This looks like an X-Force that does things they need to do but won’t be punished by the narrative for how they go about things. Or center on the B-roll (cough cough Deathlok). Also looks like a title that’s going to do so much good for the characters.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-16-2019 at 12:47 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What about all those variants centered around Jean's thighs?
    No need to call me out.
    "Cable was right!"

Not to mention the cast isn’t only gonna be these three and there might be a lot of supporting roles too.

https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...698770432?s=21
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...710658048?s=21
    https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/...160070656?s=21

I love him.
    Looks like he uses moral relativism to justify Magneto acts.

This is a dangerous path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post

Well, he isn’t. He’s saying that the XMCU was so driven on making Magneto look like the bad guy without an ounce of sympathy that they forget what made him such a great character to begin with. His realistic stance on how unchanging the status quo was and what that meant for oppressed minorities meant something bigger than Charles’ craptastic ideology had to happen. That isn’t to say BEH is fully taking on Magneto ideals, but like he said, Magneto makes a WHOLE LOT of sense.

This looks like an X-Force that does things they need to do but won’t be punished by the narrative for how they go about things. Or center on the B-roll (cough cough Deathlok). Also looks like a title that’s going to do so much good for the characters.
    The whole cast is B-roll. LOL. B-roll Psylocke. B-roll Cable. B-roll Wolverine.

Extraordinary Member

Feels like the writer is projecting and skimming for the parts he wants to justify this take. Magneto is a bad guy. Wants to rule the world, be the oppressor. Bad guys don't get to claim to be 'right' because someone else might have been bad to them first.

Claremont's sympathetic take was a reformed person, not one who would work as the antagonist in any movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Feels like the writer is projecting and skimming for the parts he wants to justify this take. Magneto is a bad guy. Wants to rule the world, be the oppressor. Bad guys don't get to claim to be 'right' because someone else might have been bad to them first.

Claremont's sympathetic take was a reformed person, not one who would work as the antagonist in any movie.
    He’s literally talking about how the XMCU skims major parts of Magneto to get the guy they want. What Hill is talking about is literally the essence of who he is, what is he ignoring? Why do you think he is comparing Magneto to Killmonger?? He knows they are antagonists, that doesn’t change that their actions stem from a systemic problem that shouldn’t just get ignored because they also do bad things.

The same people who think Magneto should be listened to at all are the same people who probably walked out of Black Panther thinking, "You know what? Killmonger was completely right and justified. I think he was the REAL hero."

Ice cream for immature idealists.

@Bold: Exactly. It's weak imo.

Extraordinary Member

He’s literally talking about how the XMCU skims major parts of Magneto to get the guy they want. What Hill is talking about is literally the essence of who he is, what is he ignoring?
    Because we have had decades of Magneto stories in the comics to get Magneto to where he is (or a bunch of places he has been all over) whereas the movies focused on the beginning conflict of the two points of view. Magneto was a bad guy. He was never right.

He even renounces all that crap during Claremont's run. The revelations of his past was not to prove his early behaviour was correct, it was to show how he would recognize his own mistakes and change his path.

Later attempts to use Magneto as a villain certainly confuse the issue, and from there people have developed this weird notion that his past justifies his villainy.

Because we have had decades of Magneto stories in the comics to get Magneto to where he is (or a bunch of places he has been all over) whereas the movies focused on the beginning conflict of the two points of view. Magneto was a bad guy. He was never right.

He even renounces all that crap during Claremont's run. The revelations of his past was not to prove his early behaviour was correct, it was to show how he would recognize his own mistakes and change his path.

Later attempts to use Magneto as a villain certainly confuse the issue, and from there people have developed this weird notion that his past justifies his villainy.
    FATAL ATTRACTION made hin a cold blooded killer...there should be no coming back from that...and yet, here we are.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The whole thing with Mags and Killmonger, characters like them, is that their point is right, and their reasoning sympathetic or at least understandable, but their methods were wrong. (Well, in certain incarnations, at least.)

Hill isn't saying "Magneto did nothing wrong ever!" in those tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    FATAL ATTRACTION made hin a cold blooded killer...there should be no coming back from that...and yet, here we are.
    That could describe, like, half the X-Men at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That could describe, like, half the X-Men at this point.
    That's embarrassing to be honest. It dilutes the gravity of taking a life among the X-Men. Somewhere along the way, they went from judging Wolverine and being lectured by Wolverine about staining your hands, to making bubbles with the blood on theirs.