257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Looks like now is the time to truly, finally give up on the New X-Men characters getting any sort of revival. It's a shame, cuz they literally stopped just short of the in regards to characters getting the spotlight again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wait, Steel Magik, Redcrawler and Greeneto are nowhere to be seen.
    Maybe they will die at the end of Hickman's run?
    They are literally in the future. And he said no time travel.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Just saw this. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed by these teams. Then again, that's been par for the course with X-teams the last few years. Excalibur looks good. Marauders would've been a great team for me if it wasn't for freakin' Kitty Pride. Hate her.

And WHY? WHY? Why is effing Quire again the only kid from the Academy X generation being used? I have a special kind of hate for the current batch of Marvel writers that don't know to stop using such a despicable character.
    Aaron took him as his pet character and gave him preeminence- reason 289 why he was perhaps the most damaging writer the franchise had in the last decade at least...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wait, Steel Magik, Redcrawler and Greeneto are nowhere to be seen.
    Maybe they will die at the end of Hickman's run?
    They might only appear in the future, but seems too much promotion for not using them again, or to not put them in Wave 1 to pick the momentum.

Definitely X Men!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I read “Kate Pryde” on the solicit for Marauders and I was like “Where? Behind Kitty?” - then I realized that they meant Kitty.

But seriously, she seems really young the way Dauterman drew her, or is that just me?
    She's supposed to still look really young.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Just saw this. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed by these teams. Then again, that's been par for the course with X-teams the last few years. Excalibur looks good. Marauders would've been a great team for me if it wasn't for freakin' Kitty Pride. Hate her.

And WHY? WHY? Why is effing Quire again the only kid from the Academy X generation being used? I have a special kind of hate for the current batch of Marvel writers that don't know to stop using such a despicable character.
    Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Looks like now is the time to truly, finally give up on the New X-Men characters getting any sort of revival. It's a shame, cuz they literally stopped just short of the in regards to characters getting the spotlight again.
    Yeah, a revival isn't likely anytime soon, but a lot of them are confirmed for Hickman's book.

I am reading that some of the dissassembled writers are getting a wave 2 book.
    I hope they make the announcement on that soon so I know what to avoid. I pray that whomever of that group writes a series that it will not have any of the characters I enjoy reading about on it. That way when it is cancelled by issue 12 I can finally breathe my sigh of relief.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Aaron took him as his pet character and gave him preeminence- reason 289 why he was perhaps the most damaging writer the franchise had in the last decade at least...
    Quire and the terrible pairings that we have no escape from.

Sadly, for as much as Hickman trolls him, even he won't drop Aaron's worse ideas.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I ... am concerned about these books. They seem a little niche. The rosters seem fanficy. The graphic design fanarty.

I cannot see myself buying X-men If it's all Summers family.... hopefully that's quick and painless [although I see the need for those interactions storewide, I don't care to read them]

They seem mistitled? lol

Marauders looks like the only book I can guarantee purchase...which is so scary. (based on roster only)
    Last edited by Graphicisnovel; 07-20-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I hope they make the announcement on that soon so I know what to avoid. I pray that whomever of that group writes a series that it will not have any of the characters I enjoy reading about on it. That way when it is cancelled by issue 12 I can finally breathe my sigh of relief.
    Leah Williams is gonna have an on-going Wave 2 book.
    Gail Simone said Domino's solo was gonna come back, so I assume that's Wave 2.
    Vita Ayala, who did Prison X, also has a Wave 2 book.

So that's what we have so far. No telling when we'll start hearing more. I figure we won't get much more before Oct. Jan.solicits will be out that month, and the Wave 2 has already been stated to not be starting until 2020.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-20-2019 at 06:53 PM.

I’m actually wondering what the timeline of all these waves books are since they’re considered Wave 1 and Wave 2. How many are ongoings?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I’m actually wondering what the timeline of all these waves books are since they’re considered Wave 1 and Wave 2. How many are ongoings?
    I am sure they are all meant to be ongoings...except maybe Domino...as has been mentioned in previous threads...X-Men solos are not considered to sell well unless its Wolverine.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Quire and the terrible pairings that we have no escape from.

Sadly, for as much as Hickman trolls him, even he won't drop Aaron's worse ideas.
    Hickman is not the one writing Quire.

I am sure they are all meant to be ongoings...except maybe Domino...as has been mentioned in previous threads...X-Men solos are not considered to sell well unless its Wolverine.
    6 X-Men ongoings in 2019? Ambitious, Marvel. Even more so than a Mary Jane Watson ongoing. Take that as a compliment or an insult. Will be interesting to see the numbers these books pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hickman is not the one writing Quire.
    he seems to have a lot of pull though. So I am thinking he pulled for or wanted everyone that's been cast while mapping out all his X-plans.