257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Hickman is just one in a long line of writers Marvel is banking onto to save the X-Men. Frankly they currently are trying to expand the line too quickly especially given the unhealthy recent numbers. Marvel clearly wants a quick turn around, but it remains a question if the readership exists for these new books. I think Excalibur, Fallen Angels and Marauders are dead on arrival. Especially Excalibur (and MI-13) which even during the much better Quesada years was never a strong seller.
    If your assessment is Marauders and Excalibur is dead on arrival,You are bad at assessing things imo. Marauders will likely be the 2nd or 3rd best selling X-book, Excalibur will probably numbers maintain just above cancellation range. People are mistaking not great "X-men" numbers aka bunch of books in the top 25 for not good numbers for any other comic book. While the X-men has not been monster it has been in the past using April comichron numbers for example X related books had 10 books with more 20,000 copies ordered and below 20,000 is normal point when books get canceled. Then they had another 10 books with above 15,000 copies ordered but below 20,000.

I don't support that theory I have seen X-fans pick up worse books than what is being presented in Dawn of X and that was without Marvel herding them all to buy 6 books with no easy option to avoid.In a world where Marvel was counter program itself with Wolverine and X23 solos and misc Iceman,Domino,Major X,etc books maybe. But We have seen worse stuff in X-men Gold, Blue, Red and Astonishing with Wolverine and X23 solos all stay above cancelation numbers. The numbers don't support these book will coming crashing down with only 6 of them around. Fallen angels looks shaky but other than all other books look solid. X-men should land in top 25 books monthly, Marauders or X-Force will get around 50,000 then degrade down, New Mutants with Hickman should do good let's say around 40,000 degrade down, Excalibur is shakiest of the solid bunch but I would bet on staying above the cancellation mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    If your assessment is Marauders and Excalibur is dead on arrival,You are bad at assessing things imo. Marauders will likely be the 2nd or 3rd best selling X-book, Excalibur will probably numbers maintain just above cancellation range. People are mistaking not great "X-men" numbers aka bunch of books in the top 25 for not good numbers for any other comic book. While the X-men has not been monster it has been in the past using April comichron numbers for example X related books had 10 books with more 20,000 copies ordered and below 20,000 is normal point when books get canceled. Then they had another 10 books with above 15,000 copies ordered but below 20,000.

I don't support that theory I have seen X-fans pick up worse books than what is being presented in Dawn of X and that was without Marvel herding them all to buy 6 books with no easy option to avoid.In a world where Marvel was counter program itself with Wolverine and X23 solos and misc Iceman,Domino,Major X,etc books maybe. But We have seen worse stuff in X-men Gold, Blue, Red and Astonishing with Wolverine and X23 solos all stay above cancelation numbers. The numbers don't support these book will coming crashing down with only 6 of them around. Fallen angels looks shaky but other than all other books look solid. X-men should land in top 25 books monthly, Marauders or X-Force will get around 50,000 then degrade down, New Mutants with Hickman should do good let's say around 40,000 degrade down, Excalibur is shakiest of the solid bunch but I would bet on staying above the cancellation mark.
    There is still a "Red Hood..." title out there managing not to get cancelled.

Folks need to take a step back.

For me:

Too many villains on board (Vulcan, Black Tom and Apocalypse), though I love to read about Vulcan and Apo, I think they should remain to be serious threats.

I am missing some key players here, namely Archangel, Xavier, Nightcrawler and Cannonball. I do not get why they are not on any of the upcoming books.

And the X-kids, where the heck have they gone?

I will get all six series to start with, but expect me to get bored with another book where Kitty is leading over Sttorm

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    For me:

Too many villains on board (Vulcan, Black Tom and Apocalypse), though I love to read about Vulcan and Apo, I think they should remain to be serious threats.

I am missing some key players here, namely Archangel, Xavier, Nightcrawler and Cannonball. I do not get why they are not on any of the upcoming books.

And the X-kids, where the heck have they gone?

I will get all six series to start with, but expect me to get bored with another book where Kitty is leading over Sttorm
    I will look up quote but I am pretty Hickmans said Nightcrawler is super important and he mention using Archangel as well. Cannonball is probably the member the New mutants are looking for in the solicits.

X-kids probably Wave 2

New Mutants. Excalibur. Marauders. I'm all in on those 3 titles.

I'm intrigued by, and plan to give the first arc of X-Men (the Summers clan +1) a firm chance to grab me.

I'll have to wait for interior previews on the rest to determine monetary commitment.

Also, LOL @ folks thinking that Rosenberg's stories -- whether favored by the readers or not -- weren't planned and approved and that essentially EVERY writer gets their "deaths" undone eventually. Its not like he turned in these scripts to editorial and they were like "Meh, we'll ignore it all once Hickman takes the wheel". That is not how this works.

I'm very curious WHO the New Mutants venture into space to find.
    Since its space, I will assume its Cannonball since he's the most "cosmic" of the gang, other than Warlock, who might maybe be taking up real estate in Chateau Ramsey.

1.- Marauders
    2.- New Mutants

maybe Excalibur and X-Force (because of Sage).. the rest I don´t think i will follow.... it depends on HoX/PoX run with Hickman... he is an irregular writer.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    New Mutants. Excalibur. Marauders. I'm all in on those 3 titles.

I'm intrigued by, and plan to give the first arc of X-Men (the Summers clan +1) a firm chance to grab me.

I'll have to wait for interior previews on the rest to determine monetary commitment.

Also, LOL @ folks thinking that Rosenberg's stories -- whether favored by the readers or not -- weren't planned and approved and that essentially EVERY writer gets their "deaths" undone eventually. Its not like he turned in these scripts to editorial and they were like "Meh, we'll ignore it all once Hickman takes the wheel". That is not how this works.

I'm very curious WHO the New Mutants venture into space to find.
    Since its space, I will assume its Cannonball since he's the most "cosmic" of the gang, other than Warlock, who might maybe be taking up real estate in Chateau Ramsey.
    Well, I guess they are looking for Magma.. she is the only NM missing...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

For the first time in the history of ever, I'm gonna be buying all of these books. There are some that I think may end up on the chopping block (Fallen Angels, mostly), but they all sound good enough to where I'll at least give them a proper chance. At the very least, it'll give some of the writers I don't know a chance to impress me.

But I'm freaking STOKED for X-Men. Cyclops leading the team? YUP. The rest of the Summers clan in tow? YUP. Including freaking GABRIEL?! YUP!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Astonishing Member

I will be buying four of the new X-Men comics.
    X-Men,Marauders,Excalibur and New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    Well, I guess they are looking for Magma.. she is the only NM missing...
    ....she's not.

I mean, technically SAM is unaccounted for (and easily the most "cosmic" member, besides Warlock).
    Additionally, yes, Magma. Boom Boom is also unaccounted for and probably counts as a New Mutant but my money is still on Sammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ....she's not.

I mean, technically SAM is unaccounted for (and easily the most "cosmic" member, besides Warlock).
    Additionally, yes, Magma. Boom Boom is also unaccounted for and probably counts as a New Mutant but my money is still on Sammy.
    The New Mutants are going with the Starjammers.

Think about where they are most likely headed and who has a child whose mother is a member of The Imperial Guard.

While I guess it could be Amara, it feels like they are pointing to Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    For the first time in the history of ever, I'm gonna be buying all of these books. There are some that I think may end up on the chopping block (Fallen Angels, mostly), but they all sound good enough to where I'll at least give them a proper chance. At the very least, it'll give some of the writers I don't know a chance to impress me.
    You know what? I’ve changed my mind re: Fallen Angels. I’m going to give the writer a chance to change my mind on Kid Cable and Kwannon-as-the-new-Psylocke. Why not? I love old, ‘roided out Cable. And I love OG Betsy Braddock “thongkini” Psylocke. I also love Wolverine and thus enjoy X-23 (loved her in the ‘Logan’ film a lot).

So I’m gonna see if these derivatives looking for their place in the X-world can find it. Worth a shot.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Unfortunately, although I am all in for Hickman, from the solicits I would only be getting Marauders, and to have Storm in the backseat will likely make me its enemy anyway ... I'm in a bad position here Marvel.

All the art looks middling to fan art. The graphic design looks Powerpoint level.

The other ones havent been marketed to me yet. Excalibur: I dont like magic stories even though that team is a dream. X-men, I like a defined team, and dislike the Summers reunion. X-force just looks awkward. Crowded. Bad team. Good idea though. I promise I rly wanted to buy all 6 lol

House of X looks perfect though

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Unfortunately, although I am all in for Hickman, from the solicits I would only be getting Marauders, and to have Storm in the backseat will likely make me its enemy anyway ... I'm in a bad position here Marvel.

All the art looks middling to fan art. The graphic design looks Powerpoint level.

The other ones havent been marketed to me yet. Excalibur: I dont like magic stories even though that team is a dream. X-men, I like a defined team, and dislike the Summers reunion. X-force just looks awkward. Crowded. Bad team. Good idea though. I promise I rly wanted to buy all 6 lol

House of X looks perfect though
    Agree. House of X is too beautiful with Larraz and Garcia.
    Now everything looks underwhelming.

Fantastic Member

Even if these all come out twice a month and I buy them all, it's still 1-2 books less per month than I was buying throughout most of 2018. And Even then, I wasn't getting everything in the X-line.

If a book or two gets canceled or if one or more of these are just monthly, then I'm gonna have a whole lot more money soon. Thanks, Hickman!