• Excalibur

257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 94 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

dont know if this was posted here but Duggan posted this pic of Kate on his twitter
    Last edited by Diammandis; 07-21-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    dont know if this was posted here but Duggan posted this pic of Kate on his twt
    May need to fix that bold. It reads like something else at first. lol

But Kitty is looking mighty young there. I wonder if the Sliding Timescale is acting up again.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I'm 100% for the Fallen Angels book because it might end up being the Obscure Fetishist Outsider book I'm gonna relate to in this new lineup.

Otherwise- wtf do we need yet another effing New Mutants Book for?? Like those characters literally get a new Book every 4 months, They never actually age or evolve or get any more interesting- they just literally change RPG occupation (ooh Valkyrie Dani! Doug-LOCK! Demon Yana! Silver Demon Yana! Mystical Yana! Baby Yana! One Legged Karma!) And it's pretty insulting that all other younger X-men get lumped into their team by aggregate while diminishing the uniqueness
    Of their original team dynamics. The New Mutanys and the writers that Stan them are the worst offenders of nostalgia because usually it's the worst case of both using and disregarding continuity for the sake of team dynamics nobody asked for.
    And it's a new friggin era on a new friggin planet can these jerks wear actual grown up costumes already or does dressing alike in your school jumper highlight their codependency on one another?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I'm 100% for the Fallen Angels book because it might end up being the Obscure Fetishist Outsider book I'm gonna relate to in this new lineup.

Otherwise- wtf do we need yet another effing New Mutants Book for?? Like those characters literally get a new Book every 4 months, They never actually age or evolve or get any more interesting- they just literally change RPG occupation (ooh Valkyrie Dani! Doug-LOCK! Demon Yana! Silver Demon Yana! Mystical Yana! Baby Yana! One Legged Karma!) And it's pretty insulting that all other younger X-men get lumped into their team by aggregate while diminishing the uniqueness
    Of their original team dynamics. The New Mutanys and the writers that Stan them are the worst offenders of nostalgia because usually it's the worst case of both using and disregarding continuity for the sake of team dynamics nobody asked for.
    And it's a new friggin era on a new friggin planet can these jerks wear actual grown up costumes already or does dressing alike in your school jumper highlight their codependency on one another?
    “We’re going in a different direction, but not really.” — Marvel? Lol, maybe the premise is different after the first arc.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    dont know if this was posted here but Duggan posted this pic of Kate on his twt
    Poor Kitty, I’m already interested in Marauders but now I just want to know who beat up Kitty. Both a black eye and a broken nose, that’s not fun. XD
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    Poor Kitty, I’m already interested in Marauders but now I just want to know who beat up Kitty. Both a black eye and a broken nose, that’s not fun. XD
    It’s likely she just tried suicide by pirate after binge reading 36 issues of X-Men Gold.

Hopefully the cast and premise of Marauders is just so weird it'll work.

Mfw they announce X-23 on a new book and the comments are about who Laura can be shipped with:

And for the record, shipping her with another time-traveling younger version of an older man she's known for years would be beyond ridiculous.

Besides, Laura is gay so if you have to ship her with another cast member, look no further than Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There’s very little that can be done with WiFi to make him interesting. For one thing, he’s stuck in a loop. He can’t alter that loop or he alters the timeline. This means he must go back to the future, grow up, come back and do all the things his older self did in the past, and then ultimately die at his own hands. He’s basically stuck. I suppose they can give his younger self relationships with the modern day team that we, the readers, never knew he had previously. But that’s about it.
    I see your point, not much can be done with a time displaced version of character. With WiFi, they can do as you mentioned, which is build relationships now that we never knew he had. Take Cyclops for example, everyone loves that he can remember his time with the Champions, thus giving a connection to the team that can be revisited in the future. So they could do something like that with WiFi, giving his older self more of a bond with other characters, for when he comes back. Either way, I'll wait to see what happens. Even though they overstayed their welcome, I liked the O5 under Bunn's pen as did a lot of people here, I also enjoyed OML a lot, and I recall a time when you preferred him over the original. Not saying Wifi's a good idea, but I'm sure under the right writer's pen he can be made at least interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That X-men cover explains why Hickman was griping on Twitter about continuity in the X-books. Ha. I prefer to ignore so much about the ridiculous Summers clan. Scott’s father is a space pirate, his forgotten brother is a ridiculously powered cosmic character, his daughter and son are from the future, with the latter having been not only birthed by a clone of Jean, but he also killed his older self recently. Jesus.
    I think thats why I like the Summers Clan. I enjoy the craziness comics dish out.

Except Wifi. He is trash!
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I think thats why I like the Summers Clan. I enjoy the craziness comics dish out.

Except Wifi. He is trash!
    Agreed. Maybe they can make him interesting. But right now it just seems like a dumb concept.

Well they forgot a add a None of these on the pole box.i was hoping to have something that would instrest me when the X Men came back later this year.but unless I see more when they actually come out.kinda disappointed with the actual X Men book itself why not just name it The Summers.and Excalibur having Apolcalypse on the team I guess they day if Darkside could be part of Justice League Odessy why not.and why the Marauders weren't they a villain team in the X Men titles.they couldn't come up with anything else.also what is that thing on Kate Pryde nose.so if I don't see any Dazzler.Polaris.Monet.Frenzy.Firestar.Siryn.Archan gel.Gentle.Nightcrawler.and would love to see Justice on an X Team.

Finally we will have some interaction with the summers family was what I thought but I see Wolverine and thought:

give-me-a-break-message-photo-booth-prop-paper-craft.jpg

Enough of this love triangle.
    Last edited by Knives; 07-21-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Anyone else laughing their asses off over the New Mutants book sticking out like such a sore thumb amidst all the other crackfic line-ups?

Corporate decision to try and appeal to mythical new readers?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-21-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Overall taking a few details all look good comics. But I still miss something with the students well maybe next time .