• Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    So you'd prefer they stick with the same tired relationships that they've been doing for half a century?
    Personally, I don't want change and I don't find ANY relationships ever tired. Existing relationships are 99% of why I'm a fan.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It rubs against my nerves to see Kitty and Storm on a team called the Marauders. They do anything remotely Marauder-y, and I might drop all Marvel books permanently.
    Based on what has been said about the books they're less normal Marauders and more just... Pirate-y. Swashbucklers.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "X-fans want change but they don't like change."

- Triniking, 2019
    X-Fans will also come up with all kind of random transparent reasons as to why something will fail because they're mad their fave isn't featured the way they want.

Personally, I don't want change and I don't find ANY relationships ever tired. Existing relationships are 99% of why I'm a fan.
    Cool. Objectively this is a bad idea from a storytelling pov though.

Guggenheim is that you?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Guggenheim is that you?
    I don't think he had that sentiment. So no.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Cool. Objectively this is a bad idea from a storytelling pov though.
    No it's not! It's the basis of the X-MEN! It's how Chris Claremont created the modern super hero comic book within his long UNCANNY run. It's story-telling 101. You can't tell good stories without the relationships. You need plot, varying degrees of action, but without the human interaction that the reader or audience recognizes and identifies with, your story is nothing but an amusement-park ride. This is one of the major complaints I've had about the last few years of X-MEN comic books. Too much focus on "bang" "pow" "bop" cartoony action without any pages of quiet, character interaction some of which could be way more dramatic, exciting, and important than constant fight scenes. I wouldn't have minded an entire comic book devoted to Jean's return, her finding out what Scott had been up to, finding out about his death, meeting with Emma Frost to discuss some of this and their confrontation, her psychological progress as she vows to make good on what she thinks Xavier's dream should be (X-MEN RED). Just an example, but these characters have long histories with one another, and these histories and relationships are among the main reasons fans love them. That being said, I'm hopeful that Hickman and his hand-picked associate writers and their editors will focus on the soap-opera and the history of the characters as much as the action.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-19-j...otlight-panel/
    Also fascinating was Hickman’s answer to a question about diverse representation. He said the X-Line needs to do a better job of honoring the racially diverse it already has, of making them great characters. In terms of sexuality, he was coy.

“In regards to sexuality,” he said. “I don’t want to ruin that for you, because it’s really clever what we’re doing—or you’ll hate it.”
    Wonder if Hickman is going the “mutants are above human understanding of sexuality” route and will eradicate heterosexuality from the X-Men like Jeansus intended.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    No it's not! It's the basis of the X-MEN! It's how Chris Claremont created the modern super hero comic book within his long UNCANNY run. It's story-telling 101. You can't tell good stories without the relationships. You need plot, varying degrees of action, but without the human interaction that the reader or audience recognizes and identifies with, your story is nothing but an amusement-park ride. This is one of the major complaints I've had about the last few years of X-MEN comic books. Too much focus on "bang" "pow" "bop" cartoony action without any pages of quiet, character interaction some of which could be way more dramatic, exciting, and important than constant fight scenes. I wouldn't have minded an entire comic book devoted to Jean's return, her finding out what Scott had been up to, finding out about his death, meeting with Emma Frost to discuss some of this and their confrontation, her psychological progress as she vows to make good on what she thinks Xavier's dream should be (X-MEN RED). Just an example, but these characters have long histories with one another, and these histories and relationships are among the main reasons fans love them. That being said, I'm hopeful that Hickman and his hand-picked associate writers and their editors will focus on the soap-opera and the history of the characters as much as the action.
    Great.

The orginal post was referring to romantic relationships, not platonic ones. Obviously character relationships are vital in long form storytelling.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Wonder if Hickman is going the “mutants are above human understanding of sexuality” route and will eradicate heterosexuality from the X-Men like Jeansus intended.
    The giant mutant orgy is true. Logan IS a real Summers!

But also, I kind of hate it. I feel like it undermines representation as far as the X-Men go.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

If we were in a 80s movie I'd start a slow clap for you. I agree with every bit of this. Unfortunately you have to realize that none of Marvel's writing staff have the talent to tell stories like that now.

That level of writing isn’t around much with Marvel. So just give them $5.99 until a relaunch or new number #1 and start again.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

No, but he might eradicate things like "You can only date one person at once".

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, but he might eradicate things like "You can only date one person at once".
    Polygamy. Ew.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Polygamy. Ew.
    The X-Men are supposed to be weird and unorthodox. It would be perfect.

Everyone is bi! <3