View Poll Results: What books are you picking up

Voters
391. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men

    267 68.29%
  • X-Force

    180 46.04%
  • New Mutants

    203 51.92%
  • Excalibur

    220 56.27%
  • Fallen Angels

    107 27.37%
  • Marauders

    227 58.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 957
  1. #436
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I checked it and it was the best selling
    You're wrong: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2/2012-03.html https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2/2012-02.html

    UXM was selling more than any book at Marvel, and this is prior to AvX starting.

  2. #437
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,685

    Default

    Hickman said he grew up a TEEN TITANS fan, and would love to do that someday. "I love that company, and I love those books."
    YO BOSS WRITE SOME DEATHSTROKE BRO

    Hickman: My only rule for the vast majority of X-stuff is there's no real need to create new characters when you have 100s that are not being serviced in a way that makes everyone happy. My mandate, my idea behind what we are doing is that we go back and fix what's broken, tell forward-looking stories about a lot of characters- many which you haven't seen in awhile
    ooooh daddy say it louder

    "In addition to that, I'm going to be doing some other stuff at Marvel but I can't talk about it."
    ooooh daddy please don't be fucking eternals please god

    Hickman said he got the FF gig because the Millar/Hitch run before it didn't succeed the way Marvel want it, so they gave it to him - "the new guy."
    lmao

    Hickman: On the race, obviously we need more characters of color. The ones we do have - it's important to write them well, and make them as big as possible. There's some we're bringing back, which I hope people will be excited about.
    please sensei unleash your inner weeb and bring back silver samurai, scarlet samurai, and sunfire

    Just found out Hickman is a cat person
    that tracks
    tag the movie made me cry

  3. #438
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I don't know what to expect so far with the 6 titles. It's not enough revolutionary and the cast of some teams are weird(X-Calibur/X-Force). Even if X-Men seems fine to me, I don't understand where's the hype in these titles.
    The plot for their stories are not enough appealing too. It's not the Big Changes that Marvel sold us these last months. In fact, it's pretty disappointing. Maybe, I expected too much for a relaunch. For me, HoX/PoX seem more interesting than the post-HoX/PoX. For a relaunch of the X-titles it sucks so bad!
    Don' be wrong about my feelings and opinion, I like some stuffs I saw(I wrote about it earlier) BUT if I dug a little there's nothing new in these announcements compared to the usual announcements.

  4. #439
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I don't know what to expect so far with the 6 titles. It's not enough revolutionary and the cast of some teams are weird(X-Calibur/X-Force). Even if X-Men seems fine to me, I don't understand where's the hype in these titles.
    The plot for their stories are not enough appealing too. It's not the Big Changes that Marvel sold us these last months. In fact, it's pretty disappointing. Maybe, I expected too much for a relaunch. For me, HoX/PoX seem more interesting than the post-HoX/PoX. For a relaunch of the X-titles it sucks so bad!
    Don' be wrong about my feelings and opinion, I like some stuffs I saw(I wrote about it earlier) BUT if I dug a little there's nothing new in these announcements compared to the usual announcements.
    Well in the Q&A he said that the new stuff won't make sense until we read HoX and PoX, and then he said that if things aren't going so well with whatever Wave 1 is, he has another plan to use but it's "severe".
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  5. #440
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/46199-sdcc...e-for-all.html

    Also definitely looks like Hickman is going to bring Skin and Synch back (saying some poc will return and that Gen X wil be fixed)
    Ummm...makes that theory that Xavier is resurrecting mutants more likely.

  6. #441
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,656

    Default

    I intend to pick them all up for at least the first several issues. There is no point in complaining about something until you read it.

    But, I only voted for New Mutants, Fallen Angels, and Excalibur. Those are the comics I am most looking forward to. I know that wasn't the question that the poll asked, I just wanted to give those comics some love.

    X-Men is probably the title that I am looking forward to the least. I know that the comic is meant to have a rotating cast with most of the mutants present at some point, but I have a hard time getting excited about a comic that features a team made up of the Summers family as its first story.

  7. #442
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Well in the Q&A he said that the new stuff won't make sense until we read HoX and PoX, and then he said that if things aren't going so well with whatever Wave 1 is, he has another plan to use but it's "severe".
    As I said before I will read HoX/PoX, even if I was dubitative of the isolationist decision. For the after, we will see it AFTER but at the moment it's not appealing for a novelty.

  8. #443
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    As I said before I will read HoX/PoX, even if I was dubitative of the isolationist decision. For the after, we will see it AFTER but at the moment it's not appealing for a novelty.
    Hey, I'm with you on that. I don't think I like anything from Wave 1, but I maybe it'll change after reading HoX/PoX. Although...6 books is pushing it.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  9. #444
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Hey, I'm with you on that. I don't think I like anything from Wave 1, but I maybe it'll change after reading HoX/PoX. Although...6 books is pushing it.
    Well, at the beginning I was exciting to see some of my favorite mutants on cover but after thinking hard about this announcement well I had the feeling it definitively lacks something about these books.

  10. #445
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I don't know what to expect so far with the 6 titles. It's not enough revolutionary and the cast of some teams are weird(X-Calibur/X-Force). Even if X-Men seems fine to me, I don't understand where's the hype in these titles.
    The plot for their stories are not enough appealing too. It's not the Big Changes that Marvel sold us these last months. In fact, it's pretty disappointing. Maybe, I expected too much for a relaunch. For me, HoX/PoX seem more interesting than the post-HoX/PoX. For a relaunch of the X-titles it sucks so bad!
    Don' be wrong about my feelings and opinion, I like some stuffs I saw(I wrote about it earlier) BUT if I dug a little there's nothing new in these announcements compared to the usual announcements.
    Well disappointed reactions are to be expected but keep in mind these next 6 books are based on two 6 part miniseries that have yet to be released that's supposed to shake up the world of the X-Men for the foreseeable future so naturally the solicits are going to be as vague as possible while still trying to garner interest.

  11. #446
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hickman
    My only rule for the vast majority of X-stuff is there's no real need to create new characters when you have 100s that are not being serviced in a way that makes everyone happy. My mandate, my idea behind what we are doing is that we go back and fix what's broken, tell forward-looking stories about a lot of characters- many which you haven't seen in awhile
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ooooh daddy say it louder
    BMB leaves the chat.
    Don't like? Don't read. Let your wallet talk.

    When will Logan call out Jean for putting his clone and his clone's underage clone in an X-Squad?

  12. #447
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm sorry this just reads like hyperbole. You saw the same vitriol when the O5 came to the present and fans were screaming "NOT MAH JEAN/CYCLOPS/BOBBY". From the little I've seen of Cable in X-Force he's pretty alright he's written as a younger inexperienced Cable which is I'm guessing the point? Just appreciate the character for who it is because soon enough you'll have your roided up Old Man Cable back.
    To be fair I also thought the time displaced, young O5 were also worse in every way. Ha.

  13. #448
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm sorry this just reads like hyperbole. You saw the same vitriol when the O5 came to the present and fans were screaming "NOT MAH JEAN/CYCLOPS/BOBBY". From the little I've seen of Cable in X-Force he's pretty alright he's written as a younger inexperienced Cable which is I'm guessing the point? Just appreciate the character for who it is because soon enough you'll have your roided up Old Man Cable back.
    Wifi locked up his father in a bunker so he could play some test that put an innocent man and his family in danger.

  14. #449
    Magneto-centric Rivka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    701

    Default

    Is anyone following the Hickman "Spotlight" panel? I think it's on right now (10 to 11 CA time?). My computer won't pull up the Newsarama coverage.

  15. #450
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love Old Cable he is of course better than his teenage version but I think some people are exaggerating the hate.

    Kid Cable is literally the same guy but younger. I like him and I want to see where his story is going
    Real-talk: I find these time-displaced/younger "replacements" lazy writing. Basically, I see them as an excuse to write a "new" character and ensure it has a fanbase by taking the name and appearance of an established one. Why do this? Because of a lack of creativity/it's hard to write stories about the old version for reasons. Cable, to me, is a grizzled veteran super-soldier/closest approximation the X-Men have to a terminator from the future, who went thru so many classic adventures with the X-Men. WiFi is an inexperienced knock-off with a superficial resemblance. I become a fan of a character based on the history they went thru. WiFi (and BMB's original characters, the OC-5, when first introduced) haven't earned that.

    I'm not sure how to explain it better, so here's the best analogy I can come up with at the moment: imagine your favorite pet that you've spent years with gets runover by truck-kun. You're torn-up, so your family buys you a pet with similar characteristics and says your pet never died because, look, it's got the same color and feel of fur. You know it's not the same one, but everyone else says it is and that you should just give it time because it'll turn into your old pet.

    Granted, I will concede that it will take time to "build" this new character again. And, hey, maybe he'll have his new set of fans (as Marvel likely intends). But WiFi is not Cable and will never be Cable. He's his own character.
    Don't like? Don't read. Let your wallet talk.

    When will Logan call out Jean for putting his clone and his clone's underage clone in an X-Squad?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •