• Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 94 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Is anyone following the Hickman "Spotlight" panel? I think it's on right now (10 to 11 CA time?). My computer won't pull up the Newsarama coverage.
    I was wondering the same thing. Any spoilers?

Wifi serves no purpose

His reasoning for killing his older self was not very sound

Then he spares Stryfe to not damage the timeline... but...

He stays behind in the present leaving his wife Aliya in the future so he can do what exactly?

Having a young Cable around doesnt give us anything new. We already had that with Nate Grey and Hope
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Nightcrawler serves an important role
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's over already. No spoilers, there, but some of the X-men related bits:

Hickman: My only rule for the vast majority of X-stuff is there's no real need to create new characters when you have 100s that are not being serviced in a way that makes everyone happy. My mandate, my idea behind what we are doing is that we go back and fix what's broken, tell forward-looking stories about a lot of characters- many which you haven't seen in awhile
    Hickman said he's a big GENERATION X guy, and he's excited to bring them back.
    Fan Q: How connected are the X-MEN books connected to Battleworld?
    Hickman: Not at all. From the time I started at Marvel to Secret Wars, I wrote one book - one story that spans 200 issues of comics. It's incestuous, impenetrable. So I chose not to do that with the X-Men.
    Hickman said the X-MEN books haven't had a place inside Marvel for the past decade, and that has recently changed. "We're able to now do, it's not an impossibiliity, my goal is to return them to their prominence it isn't impossible anymore."
    Hickman said with FF he learned he can only do nostalgia stories for so long and everyone knows what you're going to do. "The thing we're doing is delivering something new that makes you feel like it's old. I'm extremely satisfied with the reslts, and I hope everyone will enjoy it on Wednesday. If not, I'll be fired. That's okay. [laughs]"
    When asked about his process of telling one story across 2 titles, Hickman said there' an "economic side that's borrowing and no one wants to talk about it. "But as a storyteller, he likes telling a story from two correct positions that don't line up with one another. "A very easy way to do that is with dueling books, shared characters, and clearly two groups of heroes who disagree with how to handle a problem. It's not what we're doing with HoX and PoX, but it kind of works that way."
    Fan Q: Asks about X-Men being a book for minorities, but most of the X-Men are primarily white
    Hickman: On the race, obviously we need more characters of color. The ones we do have - it's important to write them well, and make them as big as possible. There's some we're bringing back, which I hope people will be excited about.
    Hickman said Kurt will be in the books, and he'll be "super-important". "I don't know what you'll like it, but he'll serve as a elder statements isn't the right word, but it might give you the right kind of feel. It's difficult to talk about those books coming out without understanding what we're setting up before that. But it makes perfect sense inside o the new status quo going forward. I think people are going to get it - he is going to be mission-critical to one of the things inside the books. That's super vague, I'm sorry.
    Fan Q: Can you explain what you liked about Generation X and what you hope to accomploish with your run?
    Hickman: The reason I love it is because its when Chris Bachalo became Chris Bachalo. But also I loved it because when they did that Age of Apocalypse, it was the best book. It was amazing because it was bitter-sweet, and kind of resonated with me and it's kind of what the whole run did. We're going to be... fixing a little bit of that. Those characters are too good not to be.
    an Q: Alot of your Marvel work is about strong leadership. What's interests you about Cyclops?
    Hickman: Well, it's a little bit of a ...I dig the character, that's one thing. It's also one of those things whenever we decided to kill Charles Xavier in AvX - not the first time, but the third time. He wasn't in the book originally, but I brought him in for #6.... and that turned into him dying so I screwed myself, because I wanted to use him as a member of the Illuminati.

Hickman said with Xavier dead, someone else had to become the 'necessary evil for greater good' leader and Cyclops ended up being that guy.

Hickman: I think what's been messed up about Cyclops is that he's the guy who believes. Charles has a dream, he believes in an idealized world. It's the other guy, the soul of it... that's who Cyclops is. And I think we lost that, but I won't be writing him now as him having lost it anymore.
    Fan Q: Are you approaching the X-Men with an ending in mind?
    Hickman: You always want to have an idea in mind. I try to always get the ending figured out before I start. What am I doing, why am I doing it, what is it? I know where I"m going. The interesting thing about the X-Men stuff is that we may... if we're too successful I don't know that we're going to get to the severe version of what I was going to do.. which is a wonderful problem to Have. I've built it in three pieces - not three acts - and the first one is what you're about to get. If you like it, we'll extend it. It's prime X-Men stuff and positive after a really long time.
    Hickman: We recognize it's been a difficult time for X-Men fans for a prolonged period of time. We want to give you a bunch of wins now. The first bit of it is super upbeat, then there has to be conflict. The second piece is my favorite stuff, where... I'm not going to tell you. If that is successful, there's no telling how long that will be the status quo.

Spectacular Member

Thank you, Omega.

Mighty Member

Hickman said the X-MEN books haven't had a place inside Marvel for the past decade, and that has recently changed. "We're able to now do, it's not an impossibiliity, my goal is to return them to their prominence it isn't impossible anymore."
    More acknowledgement that the iron grip of the mouse had the X-Books on choke-hold over the movie rights?

Hickman said with FF he learned he can only do nostalgia stories for so long and everyone knows what you're going to do. "The thing we're doing is delivering something new that makes you feel like it's old. I'm extremely satisfied with the reslts, and I hope everyone will enjoy it on Wednesday. If not, I'll be fired. That's okay. [laughs]"
    Thank you. Time for new ideas to enter the scene. And, if it flops? Well, as the dude put it: he'll be fired. Gotta respect a dude that's willing to put his (literal) money where his pen is.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Thank you, Omega.
    Ditto! Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I checked it and it was the best selling
    You checked wrong UXM was the best selling ongoing at Marvel for months.

The only things that bumped it off was the first issue of Uncanny Avengers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why did this make me giggle

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's over already. No spoilers, there, but some of the X-men related bits:
    Thanks for all the info. Glad to see Hickman loves GenX so much. Hopefully we can get these characters back in full. Aside from Jubilee, all have had questionable to bad treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Thanks for all the info. Glad to see Hickman loves GenX so much. Hopefully we can get these characters back in full. Aside from Jubilee, all have had questionable to bad treatment.
    Some of them don’t even get treatment. Y’know, because they’re dead.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Some of them don’t even get treatment. Y’know, because they’re dead.
    The fact they were killed off was bad treatment. We''ll see if they & Destiny ever come back, given all the other characters they've resurrected, some of whom have overstayed welcomes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Why did this make me giggle

Because sincerity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Wifi locked up his father in a bunker so he could play some test that put an innocent man and his family in danger.
    Cable allowed the 05 to stay in the present endangering the time-space continuum. Soooo Wi-Fi fits the characterization perfectly.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Cable allowed the 05 to stay in the present endangering the time-space continuum. Soooo Wi-Fi fits the characterization perfectly.
    I'm not sure how could he force them to come back, considering the X-men were protecting them and Jean has her telepathy. Plus, he didn't cause the risk.