131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Is that VULCAN on the X -Men?

Who is that new Captain Brittain? I thought Betsy, but she's the star on another book

None kids of New X-Men to be seen on Any of these new book. That is sad!
    Betsy is the new Captain Britain, Kwannon is Psylocke now.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    True. Bobby is on a boat surrounded by females. So...yeah I get it .
    Emma wants to maintain the traditions of the British Navy.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean Grey looks like she ordered a child's Halloween costume from Walmart. I'd expect to see something like that on creatures of Wal-Mart
    You're right sadly. I will steal your comment.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    X-MEN #1
    Written by Jonathan Hickman
    Penciled by Leinil Francis Yu
    Cover by Leinil Francis Yu
    A NEW ERA DAWNS FOR THE X-MEN!
    The X-Men find themselves in a whole new world of possibility… and things have never been better! Jonathan Hickman (HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, SECRET WARS) and superstar artist Leinil Yu (NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA) reveal the saga of Cyclops and his hand-picked squad of mutant powerhouses!

"The Summers Family and Logan"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Do we know if this Pyro is Simon or St John? The design says St John, but I dunno.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

JH: I think what happened after Grant and Frank [Quitely] did their thing is that you got that version of the X-Men and then there’s been this nostalgic version of the X-Men. The karaoke version, right? Playing the old hits kind of stuff. And those two things have been fighting with each other, probably since that run. You know, that stuff that works that Grant did, and then, “No, we want to do the older, more nostalgic stuff.”

And I think what we’ve done… it’s not similar to what Grant did, in many many ways, because Grant was faced with — we need to reduce the number of mutants, we need to make them special by making it less and all of that kind of stuff. So there were constraints that were going on that were radical. We’re going in a radically different direction. But I think the code that we’ve kind of cracked is how to marry those two things where you give the sexy new Grant-thing, right? But it feels like the old stuff. And again that’s super vague.
    He's promising a lot. He better deliver.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    "The Summers Family and Logan"
    He is the family pet (on a good way, I love him)

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://twitter.com/AiPTcomics/statu...22686822375425
    Hickman interview with AiPT

Polygon: The six books announced today, of the ones you’re writing, do you have any favorite? Or you’re excited to get it out in the world?
    JH: Marauders is an amazing book. Marauders is an amazing book and it gets the world of what we’re doing in a way that is perfect and unique, right?
    [Hickman turns to Jordan D. White]
    Jordan D. White: Absolutely. I said the same thing.

AiPT!: Are you getting to do things that you’ve been wanting to do for quite a while?
    JH: There’s a book that I’m going to be doing. I’m not sure when. But there’s a book I’m going to be doing that is probably… no one else would do it. It only exists because I want to do it and it’s going to be my favorite thing ever. So…
    AiPT!: And it’s an X-Men book?
    JH: Yeah, no, absolutely.
    Seems that Marauders was one of the first books that was pitched, and seemingly captures the tone of this new status quo the best. As well Hickman seemingly has an interesting new concept for a xbook in the works presumably coming in wave2
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Do we know if this Pyro is Simon or St John? The design says St John, but I dunno.
    The design is St. John and there was that picture, the one with the "characters to look for in HoX/PoX", that was about him. But with him being on this team, I'm thinking it's Simon.

if that's not og pyro i'll drink all the poison in my secret base in one sitting
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Naw they're good buddies who are really dickish to each other sometimes.
    Nope. You could say Nightcrawler, Beast, Colossus and a number of other X-men are good buddies of Wolverine’s but not Cyclops. Also They weren’t portrayed as buddies in Morrison’s run either. I noticed that comment a few minutes ago.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Yeah, Hickman said in an IG story that Magneto is the most important character in HoX/PoX, not to mention his overall fav character.
    Could you give me a link of that?

I liked all the books, my favourites so far are X-force(love Sage, Hank, Jean in there) , Marauders(Storm, Kitty, Emma) and X-men(I suppose Hickman wants to do with the summers family what he did for the FF4 so it will be interesting to see even if I could care less about Vulcan) but I agree Excalibur needs Nighcrawler to be complete, I guess it will be the new Exiles kind of book which is nice. I hope there´s a new Uncanny X-men in plans next month.

I know Hickman is a big fan of Magneto but given that in the past he has compared him with Dr Doom, I fear Magneto will be brought back as a full time villain for the X-men which is a big bummer for me I like him more as a grey character than as a full time villain if that´s really in the plans but I will wait and see until I read HoX and PoX to really give an oppinon.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-20-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

Looks good. Interested in most of the books. Probably least interested in Fallen Angels, unless it includes Honey Badger. Then I'm definitely picking it up. Very intrigued by Excalibur, but I do wish they'd included more non-American mutants in it. Hopefully Nightcrawler will show up at some point.

Very eager to find out what Leah's book is going to be. I have a feeling it will include Polaris and/or Northstar

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

JH: I think what happened after Grant and Frank [Quitely] did their thing is that you got that version of the X-Men and then there’s been this nostalgic version of the X-Men. The karaoke version, right? Playing the old hits kind of stuff. And those two things have been fighting with each other, probably since that run. You know, that stuff that works that Grant did, and then, “No, we want to do the older, more nostalgic stuff.”
    What I've been saying for years here.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Nope. You could say Nightcrawler, Beast, Colossus and a number of other X-men are good buddies of Wolverine’s but not Cyclops. Also They weren’t portrayed as buddies in Morrison’s run either. I noticed that comment a few minutes ago.
    I didn't say they were pals there, but they had a decent relationship.