• Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Puck’s in immortal hulk?
    He is part of Gamma Flight, yes. He is pretty badass there.

The line ups are interesting but is anyone else kind if let down by the creative teams. Leinel Yu’s art always feels rushed and I cant even name a story or place the art of some of these other people...

Spectacular Member

Do not like the cover art of the marauders at all. Looks like something you would see an amateur artist do on deviant art.

I’m gonna give them all a shot.

Now that I'm thinking about Marauders, I think the pirate look and the boat is because they're going to do things they need to be in international waters for.

I imagine them releasing enslaved mutants all over the ocean and that will put them against some human governments. Something like Bendis Uncanny but less radical.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Is Brian Dead? Haven’t been following X-Men comics lately. But Betsy becoming his replacement works for me.

Lockheed front and centre on a comic - with Kitty no less - is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a while. He better not be pretty scenery this time.
    Atb least they remembered the dragon exists, unlike X-Men Gold. And Kitty's got her long hair back as well.

Brian's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Is that VULCAN on the X -Men?

Who is that new Captain Brittain? I thought Betsy, but she's the star on another book

None kids of New X-Men to be seen on Any of these new book. That is sad!
    "Psylocke" is Revanche. Cap is Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Could they be sailing because the earth is destroyed in some way
    Definitely not. It would end all of the non-X books!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    ^ Yeah, that's the one complaint I have as well. I want new looks. Just get someone amazing designing them like Clay Mann.

Plus it's really weird to see some characters go back to outfits they haven't been seen in forever. ala Jean, Rogue, etc...
    In Rogue's case, blame the writer. Same thing happened to Spider-Woman in Strikeforce. It's odd that Storm kept her X-Men Red costume and Jean didn't. A cover shows Jean in her dress with her 90s pants. Methinks someone needs to go see the Wasp...

Puck’s in immortal hulk?
    That's where Alpha Flight ended up, now that Captain Marvel isn't using them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    The line ups are interesting but is anyone else kind if let down by the creative teams. Leinel Yu’s art always feels rushed and I cant even name a story or place the art of some of these other people...
    I believe Marcus To did some work on Nightwing? Don’t hold me to it, but if he is who I’m thinking of, his stuff is good. Leinel Yu’s Art can seem rushed, but I tend to enjoy it. I don’t recognize the others based on only their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I believe Marcus To did some work on Nightwing? Don’t hold me to it, but if he is who I’m thinking of, his stuff is good. Leinel Yu’s Art can seem rushed, but I tend to enjoy it. I don’t recognize the others based on only their names.
    To also worked in Red Robin, i can also assure that his work is great.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Now that I'm thinking about Marauders, I think the pirate look and the boat is because they're going to do things they need to be in international waters for.

I imagine them releasing enslaved mutants all over the ocean and that will put them against some human governments. Something like Bendis Uncanny but less radical.
    Yeah, I don't think they start out calling themselves pirates. I bet their rescue missions get them labelled as pirates by the humans and Kitty being the dramatic person she is embraces the whole concept and starts raising the Jolly Rodger on the ship.

Mighty Member

If Vulcan't on the X-Men, does that mean War of Kings is retroactively the best Inhumans vs. X-Men book?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    If Vulcan't on the X-Men, does that mean War of Kings is retroactively the best Inhumans vs. X-Men book?
    I think it's going to be a Summers/Grey family arc in the first 3 issues. That is my guess. After that I think the team will rotate a little. Probably Scott will keep Rachel with him and the rest of the team will rotate members. Jean and Logan will recur regularly but may not be in every issue, Alex will probably rotate out. Corsair is going to go into space with the New Mutants, so there is a good chance that this first arc also launches some of the other books.

Perhaps the events of the first X-Men issue causes the new X-Nation to form their own secret service under Beast, Jean, and Logan, the New Mutants get sent on a space mission and Corsair and the rest of his team go with them, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they start out calling themselves pirates. I bet their rescue missions get them labelled as pirates by the humans and Kitty being the dramatic person she is embraces the whole concept and starts raising the Jolly Rodger on the ship.
    Yes, something like "Whatever we do they're going to say we're evil so let's at least have fun with that."

Mighty Member

You had to bring them into this, didn’t you?!😂
    bring who into what?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He is part of Gamma Flight, yes. He is pretty badass there.
    Oh well...

The Summers family, wow. No wonder Hickman was complaining about X-Men continuity on Twitter a while ago...

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised with that X-Men lineup. I thought for sure Marvel would want Hickman to write the iconic and most popular characters in the main book... New Mutants for the second Hickman book is also pretty surprising. For sales reasons, you would think it's a no-brainer to have Hickman write "X-Men" and "Uncanny X-Men" instead. Kinda like he did with the Avengers books.

I'm behind on news. Has anything with Uncanny X-Men been announced? Or is it gone?