• Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    detractors also known as critics
    That implies they have actual criticisms and aren’t just complaining about muh straight heroes!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Polygamy. Ew.
    At this point, that honestly wouldn't surprise me. The ultimate resolution of The Rectangle: Jean gets to bang both Scott and Logan; Scott gets to bang both Jean and Emma. It'd neutralize the soapy relationship drama so Hickman could focus on his big, Starlin-esque ideas.

Would it make sense given the characters and their histories (other than, maybe, Emma)? No. But, that's never stopped Marvel before.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    At this point, that honestly wouldn't surprise me. The ultimate resolution of The Rectangle: Jean gets to bang both Scott and Logan; Scott gets to bang both Jean and Emma. It'd neutralize the soapy relationship drama so Hickman could focus on his big, Starlin-esque ideas.

Would it make sense given the characters and their histories (other than, maybe, Emma)? No. But, that's never stopped Marvel before.
    Same thing people were thinking with Bangel vs. Spuffy. Just have Buffy date both of them, which she fantasized about herself in the comics.

But given what we know of Angel & Spike, no way they would settle for that.

BUT if Hickman does wanna put an end to Soap Drama, then having the X-Men come into the 60's of Free Love will certainly do that. Then fans can get whatever ships they please without Will They or Won't They taking up any of his stories.

We already saw it with Domino. She got done screwing Warpath one night, then got to Colossus the next evening. lol Then she was interested in hitting it with Shang-Chi.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-22-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Damien, Stefan and Elena
    Taylor Lautner, Edward Cullen and that girl
    Yup enough love to go round for everyone

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

considering what happens (especially in these forums) when the 'metaphor' in the stories approaches the real world, I would be more concerned than anything about the X-men becoming ... more open.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post

This would blow up in their faces. Marvel and people in this forum are extremely out of touch with the rest of the consumer base/audience if they think this would work.

BANNED

This would blow up in their faces. Marvel and people in this forum are extremely out of touch with the rest of the consumer base/audience if they think this would work.
    Exactly why would it blow up in their faces?

Given that the X-Men franchise has always had huge queer subtext and that it also has a huge queer following, i think it would actually be embraced a lot more than you think.

I don't care what straight casual fans who don't actually read comics or muh classic hetronormative shippers have to say tbh.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 07-22-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post

Given that the X-Men franchise has always had huge queer subtext and that it also has a huge queer following, i think it would actually be embraced a lot more than you think.

I don't care what straight casual fans who don't actually read comics or muh classic hetronormative shippers have to say tbh.
    Your comments alone show how out of touch you are with the overall consumers in the industry.

I’m not surprised either though, you’ve made it abundantly clear you want change.

BANNED

Your comments alone show how out of touch you are with the overall consumers in the industry.

I’m not surprised either though, you’ve made it abundantly clear you want change.
    Again, you're going to have to actually explain why this would blow up in marvels faces and what part of my previous comment was "so out of touch".

The franchise and mythos need to evolve and change, i can't really see any logical argument as to otherwise.

BANNED

It’s weird to see a Scemma fan be resistant to radical change, considering the origins of that ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It’s weird to see a Scemma fan be resistant to radical change, considering the origins of that ship.
    I’m not resistant to radical change, I just know when it’ll work and won’t. And know nothing ever stays.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Everyone having open relationships doesn't mean they'll have orgies all day long, though. Just means they wouldn't be forced to date only one person at one time, which would have the added effect of not having to come with contrived reasons to break up relationships because you want a new one.

BANNED

When someone makes agressive sweeping statements such as calling people who don't share the same opinion "out of touch" or saying "i know how things work" it's a good idea to back up those statements with argument and reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Everyone having open relationships doesn't mean they'll have orgies all day long, though. Just means they wouldn't be forced to date only one person at one time, which would have the added effect of not having to come with contrived reasons to break up relationships because you want a new one.
    Love triangles sell though. That’s why Marvel and DC tend to mandate it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post

...am I missing something? How does swinging/free love/actual orgies ‘help’ queer representation? Like how does Scott gets both jean and Emma ‘help’ whatsoever?
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 07-22-2019 at 01:47 PM.