131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 94 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, no.
    Sorry they have barely existed at the same time let alone being romantically related until very recently. (so we just come from a period of almost 15 years of little intearction between Jean and Scott)
    Still, there's what, 30+ years of comics with the two of them together? Plus, like I said, someone, somewhere, will eventually break them up for bullshit reasons for a new pairing or Scemma. That way, everyone wins.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    like I said, someone, somewhere, will eventually break them up for bullshit reasons for a new pairing or Scemma. That way, everyone wins.
    Yeah, i know.
    I don't think everybody wins though if anything that is cause of the drama. for this or for other couples they may have on the future.
    (are they even together right now????)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-22-2019 at 02:57 PM.

There is also something we are not counting on. These relationships are huge part of the characters, even when they are not together. Scott will always be the guy Jean married, Jean will always have adopted Cable, they will always be the biggest O5. Those are things that will always be part of the characters. (like Scott and Emma relationship defined certain period of their lives too)
    those aren't just because but are part of what the characters are and keep providing more interactions/stories. part of how they behave with each other, of what roles they fill and even other character lives
    Ignoring them would be just wasting potential
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-22-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    In general, yes. You'll tend to find a lot of X-Men to be much more progressive though, for obvious reasons.
    At the margin, sure. Are there enough of them to sustain the franchise on their own without muggle readers? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I don't think it would actually have a huge change on sales one way or the other, but it would be a hell of a lot of fun to see a story like that played out on paper versus the same Jean and Scott story they've been telling for 50 years.
    1) The Jott story has been on hiatus since 2004.

2) The issue with Jott is that the next step in their story requires letting them age, and Marvel doesn't want to go there for (dubious IMO) commercial reasons. There's plenty of dramatic mileage left there, but it's off-limits due to an arbitrary, self-imposed constraint. Unless Hickman has enough pull within Marvel to override that constraint...

3) Polyamory will cease to be interesting once the novelty has worn off and it's become the new normal.

Hey but these things don't only apply to this relationship (there are maybe bias from fans of other pairings) these things could apply to any other like scemma or romy.

Because the creators, and, specially, the editors are not as progressive as a good part of the readership. Or sometimes, they think they are, but they don't (which is very typical in Hollywood, particularly.

Of course, the X-line is already in a dire state, and Marvel would never agree with anything that Hickman is doing (even if there's not sex stuff) if the books were selling as well as they were in the past.

As of this moment, the X-men books are the lowest in their history, due to the AoXM failure, so...
    Marvel likes trying to get people to think they're progressive, while actually acting very regressive wherever they think they can get away with it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I missed this.
    As of this moment, the X-men books are the lowest in their history, due to the AoXM failure, so...
    Were they much better on the gold/blue/red era? (not on quality i mean on sales)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Marvel likes trying to get people to think they're progressive, while actually acting very regressive wherever they think they can get away with it.
    Diversity didn't got better than Claremont era

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    3) Polyamory will cease to be interesting once the novelty has worn off and it's become the new normal.
    it takes off the tension just like a marriage

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Why do you think that?

The man that came in and got rid of all the non-white people on the Giant Size team almost as soon as he joined except Storm and only added 2 additions across his 17 year run? (Oh and I guess Psylocke...lol) He did much better with the New Mutants, but not so much with the main book

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Via subtext, Claremont wrote nearly all his female characters as bisexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The man that came in and got rid of all the non-white people on the Giant Size team almost as soon as he joined except Storm and only added 2 additions across his 17 year run? (Oh and I guess Psylocke...lol) He did much better with the New Mutants, but not so much with the main book
    new Mutants count a lot.

And that was on 70s-80s

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Via subtext, Claremont wrote nearly all his female characters as bisexual.
    that is good, right?

what if hickman introduces mass arranged marriages hnnng so sexy, folks
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

new Mutants count a lot.

And that was on 70s-80s
    being 70s/80s shouldnt matter. If you are going to reference the Claremont era, then that obviously goes without saying. I didnt assume you were talking about his 00 run