• Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 45 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm loving the battle between Marauders and Excalibur for the #2 spot on the poll.
    It is so tight. I wonder who would sell more between the two

I honestly would have figured that X-Force would've had that locked up.
    X-force would usually win but this line up seems different, maybe it is good to try to think outside the box but maybe the people who like x-force would expect something more traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is so tight. I wonder who would sell more between the two
    My guess at least initially would be Excalibur. It has more of an established brand but I think in the long run it will be neck and neck.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Having unprotected sex because latinas have big sexual hunger.
    Xorn was a damn mess

One issue? help me help you

Latina being sexually abused. Then all morrison do is sexualized her with Beak

that is not a good argument

Some people read it as Scott and Emma putting Hank inside the closet. Not a win in anyway
    This is a slippery slope your on. while morrison wasn't very diverse in real world terms he was diverse in a world where mutants looked more varied than mutants had in the past. As far as latina being sexually abused it does happen. Should we only show positive representation of characters because that's unrealistic and would pigeon hole races into some cookie cutter characters that people may not be able to connect with, maybe within that race. The real problem is there isn't enough diversity overall where we can see different type of latina characters but it was one book. That's on marvel and the line as a whole for not having other forms of a character. But anyone from any race can be made a victim of a heinous crime but we can't shy away from showing they are "real" people too" Or shining a light on community when done well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm loving the battle between Marauders and Excalibur for the #2 spot on the poll. I honestly would have figured that X-Force would've had that locked up.
    They casted those two beautifully. It shows people really do want things shaken up at this point. I'm all about Excalibur.
    I hope the books cross every now and then so we see our favorites together.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is a slippery slope your on. while morrison wasn't very diverse in real world terms he was diverse in a world where mutants looked more varied than mutants had in the past. As far as latina being sexually abused it does happen. Should we only show positive representation of characters because that's unrealistic and would pigeon hole races into some cookie cutter characters that people may not be able to connect with, maybe within that race. The real problem is there isn't enough diversity overall where we can see different type of latina characters but it was one book. That's on marvel and the line as a whole for not having other forms of a character. But anyone from any race can be made a victim of a heinous crime but we can't shy away from showing they are "real" people too" Or shining a light on community when done well.
    Nothing say that he couldn't have more than one latina in his team. Like on beooklin 99 they cast 2 latinas and it surprised the actress.
    It's just bad have latinos fit into the sexual abused slot

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Some people read it as Scott and Emma putting Hank inside the closet. Not a win in anyway
    There are some people that say Jeen forced Iceman to be gay, one of those was dumb enough to ask Hickman that question on SDCC...

I'm loving the battle between Marauders and Excalibur for the #2 spot on the poll. I honestly would have figured that X-Force would've had that locked up.
    I’ve found these boards aren’t exactly reflective of the broader fandom. I’m betting saleswise X-Force will be #2 behind X-men. We’ll see, but that’s my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They casted those two beautifully. It shows people really do want things shaken up at this point. I'm all about Excalibur.
    I hope the books cross every now and then so we see our favorites together.
    Apocalypse aside I love the roster for Excalibur and can't wait to see what Tini has in store. Definitely hope the titles crossover at some point, but hopefully after the run's have time to get established.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Dust’s creation was steeped in post-9/11 orientalism.
    That may be true, but she's still important as one of the only positive depictions of hijab in mainstream Western media, offering a direct counterpoint and challenge to the idea that it's strictly misogynistic (her arguments with Surge over it were a great exploration of the cultural differences). Especially because it's established early on as something she CHOOSES to do for herself rather than it being something forced on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’ve found these boards aren’t exactly reflective of the broader fandom. I’m betting saleswise X-Force will be #2 behind X-men. We’ll see, but that’s my prediction.
    Oh i know when the sales drop that X-Force is gonna crush them. I'm just surprised by the poll. New Mutants is even beating it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I’ve found these boards aren’t exactly reflective of the broader fandom.
    You're so right. Many people here hate Wolverine and in any debate there is little support for him, yet in reality he has the most fans that support his books.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

X-force has the more recognizable name, so it has a head start- we've been speculating that Marauders might get screwed on that alone.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I'll take that bet too.

The one thing I'm curious about is what kind of sales boost Hickman's name will give to the New Mutants. Let's be real, if Hickman wasn't attached to it, we'd put the book's prospects in the lower tier with Fallen Angels, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'll take that bet too.

The one thing I'm curious about is what kind of sales boost Hickman's name will give to the New Mutants. Let's be real, if Hickman wasn't attached to it, we'd put the book's prospects in the lower tier with Fallen Angels, right?
    The 2009 series lasted 50 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I'll take that bet too.

We'll see after the first arc when Brisson takes the wheel. These brands are what has me nervous. My 2 most anticipated books( Marauders & New Mutants) could easily end up on that lower tier just for brand alone... which would be my luck.