257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

After I read HoX, 2 books seems out of place in this new era for the Wave 1: X-Calibur & Fallen Angels.
    X-Calibur because it's not related to the original British(except Betsy) or the Claremont's reformed team. What I have to say about it, it's not X-Calibur without England as background.
    Fallen Angels it's too weird to assemble this 3 mutants and the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    After I read HoX, 2 books seems out of place in this new era for the Wave 1: X-Calibur & Fallen Angels.
    X-Calibur because it's not related to the original British(except Betsy) or the Claremont's reformed team. What I have to say about it, it's not X-Calibur without England as background.
    Fallen angels could be about mutants who feel they don't have a place on Krakoa. If Krakoa is mutant "heaven" or their Olympus, they might feel they've hurt too many to be at "peace" on Krakoa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Fallen angels could be about mutants who feel they don't have a place on Krakoa. If Krakoa is mutant "heaven" or their Olympus, they might feel they've hurt too many to be at "peace" on Krakoa.
    Related to this, I wonder if there are any mutants who just don't want to live there full time. Mutants like Dazzler and Northstar, for example, have very public careers and lives outside of the spandex set, to the point that being an X-Man is kind of a side gig. I don't know if there are enough of those sorts of characters to make a whole book about, but I hope they don't just get rolled into the whole Krakoa business with a shrug. Varied takes on a core concept is a good thing, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Related to this, I wonder if there are any mutants who just don't want to live there full time. Mutants like Dazzler and Northstar, for example, have very public careers and lives outside of the spandex set, to the point that being an X-Man is kind of a side gig. I don't know if there are enough of those sorts of characters to make a whole book about, but I hope they don't just get rolled into the whole Krakoa business with a shrug. Varied takes on a core concept is a good thing, imo.
    i know what you mean. For instance Northstar is a great example because he is married to a human as well. but it could make for a good story, would his husband receive prejudice from some mutants because he is human. I also don't think mutants like Wolverine and Storm would want to live there full time, both have a love of being free to roam and both have many responsibilities in the main mu to other people. IT also makes me wonder if only certain mutants will have clearance to leave at will once they arrive as we know Krakoa clocks incoming mutants and i would assume outgoing ones too. But that may play into the X-force CIA book. Americans just can't leave america without proper documentation and that is true for most nations. IS there a Krokoa passport.

One unfair thing though is most mutants have access to places like Canda, America for example because they were born there. Do the other nations recognize dual citizenship or must a mutant relinquish their citizenship in their home country to live in Krokoa. If i were Xavier i wouldn't force them to but other countries might.

Which also makes me now wonder if flyers are free to exit Karoka. Like is there a dome? Can Karoka clock them coming in from flight rather than a portal.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-25-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Also wondering how far this “no humans allowed” goes with Kyle. Of course he probably isn’t allowed, but how committed does every mutant have to be to Krakoa lest they get affiliated with “the Humans”?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Also wondering how far this “no humans allowed” goes with Kyle. Of course he probably isn’t allowed, but how committed does every mutant have to be to Krakoa lest they get affiliated with “the Humans”?
    Pretty sure humans are allowed in if they're vouched for, but there are some places on Krakoa that are explicitly mutants only.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He's not allowed in the main island, but I'm sure Northstar could live in one of the cooler habitats with Kyle just fine. And there's no reason to believe life in a Krakoa biome is any bad so far.

can mutants read human comics

will beast's sadness continue if he cannot bring his best pal simon into his new nuclear plant monster condo
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Iceman and Firestar gonna give Spidey a M pass?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I don't think all the new titles are intend to be strictly related to Hickman main story.
    But it doesn't mean they are not Hickman ideas.
    He has already used a little bit of Brian, Betsy and the Marvel UK mythology before in his Avengers run and in Secret Wars.
    And Excalibur seems like a sequel for one of the few things the great Alan Moore wrote for Marvel, Captain Britain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Either that, or they disagree with the direction being taken by Krakoa. I haven't read HoX #1 myself, but from what I saw mutants seemed to have given up on coexistence and are taking a harder-line about their relationship with humanity, what with Magneto's "We're you're new gods" bit. Maybe Laura and Cable object to this, and that leads to them leaving or being ousted. Laura at least has family outside Krakoa (Megan and Debbie, and Bellona, who presumably charts as a baseline human).
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 07-25-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Pretty sure humans are allowed in if they're vouched for, but there are some places on Krakoa that are explicitly mutants only.
    True. I think you can also bring them through a portal with a mutant companion, so I guess there isn't that much drama to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    He's not allowed in the main island, but I'm sure Northstar could live in one of the cooler habitats with Kyle just fine. And there's no reason to believe life in a Krakoa biome is any bad so far.
    So far, Krakoa's been the best place the mutants can relax and be themselves on and we've only seen one issue of it. Have we even seen all of the House of M on Krakoa?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I believe it was said that humans can go to Krakoa accompanied by a mutant but that the island itself has to give express permission.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

We don't know if Krakoa can repower mutants. Or if it identifies depowered mutants as mutants.
    But if that's not the case, Prodigy will sure love asking permission from Elixir or Surge every time he'll want to use a Krakoa portal.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I believe it was said that humans can go to Krakoa accompanied by a mutant but that the island itself has to give express permission.
    Humans can use gateways while accompanying a mutant, with permission, according to what Jean said. However, Magneto said "man" is not allowed on the island. I don't know how much of this is the 'will' of Krakoa versus some sort of programming though.