131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They did on the last Cable solo
    Wasn't that an AU X-23 and Adult Cable? I can't recall her interacting with Kid Cable at all. I don't know if Main Verse Laura has interacted with Cable since KYost's X-Force run and Second Coming.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah but it just reeks of people dismissing it out of hand instead of giving it a fair shake. Than again I guess you can make the argument that the other titles just look more interesting.
    It just seems dead on arrival; hard to imagine enough people lining up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah but it just reeks of people dismissing it out of hand instead of giving it a fair shake. Than again I guess you can make the argument that the other titles just look more interesting.

Has Cable and X-23 interacted at all?
    Laura is the only of those 3 characthers that i found compelling, my feelings for Kwannon and Wi-Fi are in the meh side of things. Also, my only expirience with Bryan Hill's writting for his Detective Comic story last year and althought it wasn't bad, it didn't rock my world exactly. So is difficult for md to get a lot of interest.

To be fair, i somewhat feel the same way about Percy's X-Force (his TT wasn't exactly the best), but i'm just checking ig because Wolverine is on it and he still doesn't have a solo (crossing fingers for Wave 2). The Summer-Family+Wolverine is just kind weird to me, even if i'm interested in Hickman's take on Logan.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You mean a Psylocke book that doesn't start Psylocke and a Cable book that doesn't star Cable?
    Bingo. Nailed it right there.

So funny and odd that people think Kwannon is aping on Betsy by taking the Psylocke name when Betsy’s been using her Asian body, iconography, weaponry, and aesthetic during the majority of the time she was “Psylocke.” As far as I’m concerned, Kwannon’s been Psylocke this entire time and I’m glad it’s being acknowledged in canon.

Kwannon is a character that only exists because Fabien Nicienza didn't do his homework. Adding Wi-fi to that is just begging for people not to read it.
    Yeah...and her existence has since been fully integrated into canon since. Don’t get how that is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So funny and odd that people think Kwannon is aping on Betsy by taking the Psylocke name when Betsy’s been using her Asian body, iconography, weaponry, and aesthetic during the majority of the time she was “Psylocke.” As far as I’m concerned, Kwannon’s been Psylocke this entire time and I’m glad it’s being acknowledged in canon.
    Seriously. Psylocke fans are at a time where they can have their cake and eat it too. Don’t know why Betsy has to rule both personas.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Love the X-Men Summers family team (why Wolerine is there when he always had a thing for Jean, I do not know). Also love the New Mutants team.

The Maurauders seems odd when it's missing mutants you'd normally classify as being easy to translate to the whole pirate lifestyle you know like Nightcrawler).

Excalibur is another oddity. No Brian but a new Captain Britain is already a strike against it, and the team makeup is just strange and out of place. There's no need for Apocalypse on it, it's just a way to gimp a good nemesis like when Juggernaut or Sabretooth joined the teams; I like the idea of Apocalypse navigating Otherworld and the Excalibur mythos, but not as a "good guy". None of the characters involved have any link to classic Excalibur either.

X-Force, I wish characters would stick to one book, so Jean didn't need to be there and I'd rather see Wolverine here than on Team Summers-Grey. Never liked Sage, but Black Tom, Domino and Kid Omega on the team is interesting.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not Kwannon's mind, which is the vast majority of what a character is. It's like saying the actions of the demon in The Exorcist should be attributed to Regan.

I really just don't understand why it's a sin to not care about a character that shouldn't have existed in the first place taking the name of a more interesting one in a team-up with another character that shouldn't have existed in the first place and killed and took the name of a more interesting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Man, so much hate for Fallen Angels. Is no one interesting in some ninja assassin Psylocke stories?
    I've NEVER liked Ninja Psylocke, I always prefered her british armor-era. I didn't like Kwannon too. It's a relieve to me Betsy is back in her body and I honestly hope Fallen Angels will be a great book, I'm not just interested in any characters. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Seriously. Psylocke fans are at a time where they can have their cake and eat it too. Don’t know why Betsy has to rule both personas.
    Yeah, I’m just not seeing a point in being mad that Kwannon gets to be her own character when Betsy is getting pushed way harder and is in a far more important position than she’s been in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Not Kwannon's mind, which is the vast majority of what a character is. It's like saying the actions of the demon in The Exorcist should be attributed to Regan.
    Maybe in other forms of media, but comics are a visual medium. The way a character is portrayed as far as how they’re shown is just as important as a personality. If Psylocke wasn’t interesting to look at, she would be nowhere near as popular as she is today, and that’s due to the general public loving the “sexy Japanese ninja” that Betsy took from Kwannon.

I really just don't understand why it's a sin to not care about a character that shouldn't have existed in the first place taking the name of a more interesting one in a team-up with another character that shouldn't have existed in the first place and killed and took the name of a more interesting one.
    I think it’s fine not to care. If you’re a Betsy Braddock fan, you probably won’t love the idea of Kwannon taking her old codename and parading around in the body she’s been wearing since the late 80s, and the one which Jim Lee made somewhat iconic. Having said that, if you’re a Betsy fan you probably love her being back in her OG body and now taking the mantle of Captain Britain, her original moniker apparently (which I did not even know but have seen some on here talk about). So it’s a mixed bag.

However, if you’re a fan of the Jim Lee drawn thong-kini Psylocke and just think she’s a rad character and prefer her as a ninja, well then no big deal. I’ve got no problems with Kwannon becoming Psylocke now. My bigger problem is with de-aged characters because I think that crap is lame. It was lame with the O5, and it’s lame with Cable. Cable is a huge hulking MFer with silver-white hair. Period. This skinny teen is a terrible look for him. Bring back the OG. Or send this kid back to the future to complete his “loop”, and use Stryfe instead. Give him a redemption arc now that his nemesis is dead. Hell, he and Laura are both clones. They’d probably have lots to bond over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think it’s fine not to care. If you’re a Betsy Braddock fan, you probably won’t love the idea of Kwannon taking her old codename and parading around in the body she’s been wearing since the late 80s, and the one which Jim Lee made somewhat iconic. Having said that, if you’re a Betsy fan you probably love her being back in her OG body and now taking the mantle of Captain Britain, her original moniker apparently (which I did not even know but have seen some on here talk about). So it’s a mixed bag.

However, if you’re a fan of the Jim Lee drawn thong-kini Psylocke and just think she’s a rad character and prefer her as a ninja, well then no big deal. I’ve got no problems with Kwannon becoming Psylocke now. My bigger problem is with de-aged characters because I think that crap is lame. It was lame with the O5, and it’s lame with Cable. Cable is a huge hulking MFer with silver-white hair. Period. This skinny teen is a terrible look for him. Bring back the OG. Or send this kid back to the future to complete his “loop”, and use Stryfe instead. Give him a redemption arc now that his nemesis is dead. Hell, he and Laura are both clones. They’d probably have lots to bond over.
    It's true that she was Captain Britain before Psylocke, but afaik it was only like a short-lived plot back when she used to be a civilian supporting character... I think the people who like that she's Captain Britain now are excited more just cause they're into her british/otherworld roots and cause taking the mantle feels like somewhat of a promotion, not really because they miss her as Captain Britain in the past or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Yeah, WiFi being there is really the deal-breaker for me not buying it. I'll read him in X-men because it's Hickman and because there's all the other characters, but on this one, meh.

Mind you, all this was planned before they got the sales figures for X-force, so I imagine they still thought they could make Kid Cable a thing.

Yeah, WiFi being there is really the deal-breaker for me not buying it. I'll read him in X-men because it's Hickman and because there's all the other characters, but on this one, meh.

Mind you, all this was planned before they got the sales figures for X-force, so I imagine they still thought they could make Kid Cable a thing.
    Who is WiFi ?