131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Who is WiFi ?
    Teen Cable.

WHY is Kid Cable still around? He came to this timeline to send the O5 back bc their presence could potentially mess with the timestream but then he is essentiallly creating the same problem they did by. Cable isnt meant to live in the present day as teenager. He leads an entire adult life in the future before he makes his way to the past. What happens if he dies? That should cause some catastrophic changes to 616 which is the same issue he was correcting in Extermination! Why does Marvel not see this glaring plothole in his continued existence?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WHY is Kid Cable still around? He came to this timeline to send the O5 back bc their presence could potentially mess with the timestream but then he is essentiallly creating the same problem they did by. Cable isnt meant to live in the present day as teenager. He leads an entire adult life in the future before he makes his way to the past. What happens if he dies? That should cause some catastrophic changes to 616 which is the same issue he was correcting in Extermination! Why does Marvel not see this glaring plothole in his continued existence?
    I think they're going with since this period of Cable's life is previously unexplored they can get away with him being in the present. Just imagine if there was a Teen Cable book called "The Lost Adventures" and it probably be similar concept wise.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think they're going with since this period of Cable's life is previously unexplored they can get away with him being in the present. Just imagine if there was a Teen Cable book called "The Lost Adventures" and it probably be similar concept wise.
    Its still a plothole IMO bc Cable should have known a teen version of him was going to come and kill him and he'd have known why. If he knew why, then why continue to allow the O5 to stick around instead of dealing with them? Cable also didnt realize that Jean and Scott were his parents when he first interacted with them, but Kid Cable obviously does. What are they gonna do, send him back to the future mindwiped? This is messy and a rehash of the O5/Extermination just with another character, the exact character that was used to fix this mess.

Its still a plothole IMO bc Cable should have known a teen version of him was going to come and kill him and he'd have known why. If he knew why, then why continue to allow the O5 to stick around instead of dealing with them? Cable also didnt realize that Jean and Scott were his parents when he first interacted with them, but Kid Cable obviously does. What are they gonna do, send him back to the future mindwiped? This is messy and a rehash of the O5/Extermination just with another character, the exact character that was used to fix this mess.
    The irony. they fixed one problem and created other

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The irony. they fixed one problem and created other
    Yep.

Like I said, all this with Wifi was planned before the sales figures and even the fan reception for Extermination and X-force. I doubt he lasts all that much longer now- though of course the X-office has tried to shove characters or ideas that most people don't like down our throats before.

Astonishing Member

Simple. It had to happen that way because it was always going to happens that way. Eventually they'll resurrect Old Cable and Teen Cable will go back to his correct place in the time stream knowing that eventually he'll grow old, get murdered by his younger self, then get resurrected while Teen Cable will go back to his correct place in the time stream knowing that eventually he'll grow old, etc. etc.

Doctor Who pulls this shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Teen Cable.
    Wait, is WiFi his actual nickname or a fan nickname ?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Simple. It had to happen that way because it was always going to happens that way. Eventually they'll resurrect Old Cable and Teen Cable will go back to his correct place in the time stream knowing that eventually he'll grow old, get murdered by his younger self, then get resurrected while Teen Cable will go back to his correct place in the time stream knowing that eventually he'll grow old, etc. etc.

Doctor Who pulls this shit all the time.
    For him to know that requires knowledge that Teen knows, that he doesnt when we are first introduced to him (Jean and Scott as his parents, as I mention). A mindwipe is the only thing that makes it fit

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Wait, is WiFi his actual nickname or a fan nickname ?
    A fan nickname.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    A fan nickname.
    I think I'd have gone with "Streaming," over" WiFi."

BANNED

For him to know that requires knowledge that Teen knows, that he doesnt when we are first introduced to him (Jean and Scott as his parents, as I mention). A mindwipe is the only thing that makes it fit
    Or they can retcon and then ignore it like they did with X-23 and Logan's first meeting (for those keeping score: In Uncanny X-Men #450 and 451 Claremont established Logan didn't even know X-23 existed, and was as surprised as everyone else to learn about her. Then KYost ignored that for Target X. Then they tried to fix the continuity with Logan claiming he only pretended not to know her in Uncanny. Now most people — writers and readers alike — just forget the Uncanny issues even happened).

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

When this phase of his character is done they'll simply age him up a bit and make him Cable. They've already had all the important interactions of meeting Wifi and essentially burying the older version.

Or maybe he'll just be killed by his older self upon his actual return thus restoring synchronicity to the timeline?!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, WiFi being there is really the deal-breaker for me not buying it. I'll read him in X-men because it's Hickman and because there's all the other characters, but on this one, meh.

Mind you, all this was planned before they got the sales figures for X-force, so I imagine they still thought they could make Kid Cable a thing.
    I don't think Kid Cable is actually in X-men. My guess is that cover is just a sampling of the Summers family characters who will show up in different spots in the Dawn of X relaunch. WiFi (Kid Cable) in Fallen Angels, Corsair and Vulcan in New Mutants, Jean in X-Force, etc.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't think Kid Cable is actually in X-men. My guess is that cover is just a sampling of the Summers family characters who will show up in different spots in the Dawn of X relaunch. WiFi (Kid Cable) in Fallen Angels, Corsair and Vulcan in New Mutants, Jean in X-Force, etc.
    No, I'm betting he's appearing in the first arc.