• Excalibur

257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

X-Force has three of my favorites in Beast, Colossus and Domino, so it’s an immediate buy for me. Plus it features the return of Sage, so extra points for that (I really liked the character when he was just revealed to be a spy for Xavier and in early X-treme, but also admit that Claremont needlessly over complicated the character later on. Hopefully she is back to basically having a supercomputer for a brain and everything else is ignored). I don’t think the title needed Wolverine, I can live with Jean, and I really would prefer other characters over Quentin and Black Tom (Marauders, a title I have cero interest in, sadly took Pyro whom I would prefer), although in the case of Black Tom I guess there is a story reason for him being there like Mondo in New Mutants, that I guess relates to both their powers having connections to vegetation and Krakoa.
    New Mutants is next, I absolutely love all the characters there except for Rhane and Illyana (and I can live with both). I am especially excited about the inclusion of both Chamber and Mondo (huge Gen X fan) and is definitely the X-Team with the most characters I like.
    X-Men comes third, not a fan of the Summers family drama, and it really doesn’t have any characters in that cover that I am a fan of (Havok I like and that’s it). But it’s the main X-Title and I am curious to see what Hickman does with it, plus it will be interesting for Cyclops to interact with his son, now that he is actually younger than him.
    Fallen Angels is a wait for me. I am kind of curious to see how they move forward with the Psylocke character now that it has become basically a title and mantle for Kwannon. Is obvious that Marvel wanted to have its cake and eat it too, kind of move away from what they saw as a controversial character when Betsy was the Asian Ninja. I mean visually at least she is still a walking stereotype, but she is a popular IP, and visually at least very recognizable. Let’s see if they can turn her into a real character now.
    Zero interest in Excalibur, not a big fan of the characters (except for Rictor) or the premise, probably the easiest skip for me.
    And the title that holds the least interest for me is Marauders. Don’t like most of the characters there, despise Kitty especially as leader, don’t like the concept or the mission statement. I do like the creative team, but it’s just not enough to get me to pick up a title with Kitty as leader.

Concerning kid Cable, I can understand why Marvel decided to go this way, even though I don’t think it was well executed. I have never been a big Cable fan, I find his concept ridiculous and confusing, and think that Nathan would have been better served not ever having been combined with a Liefeld monstrosity. He is the worst of the 90s excesses rolled into a character that got some longevity thanks to being turned into a Summers. With that said, to me he works better as a younger character than Scott, I think there is some interesting things to explore there with both him and Jean, and Rachel. As I said I think the change wasn’t executed well, but I definitely like the end result better.
    The same thing applies to Psylocke (both Betsy and Kwannon). Betsy story as a Japanese ninja assasin was done, even Claremont never intended for it to be permanent or go for as long as it did, but then the left and the whole bad girl boom happened, and Psylocke was pretty much at the forefront of that (heck, she was basically a template for a lot of the bad girls characters that followed). Yes, it is weird because Marvel is pretty much treating the Psylocke name as part of the Japanese ninja identity when in reality it has been a part of Betsy pretty much her whole publishing life, but as I said before Marvel wanted to keep that particular imagery and IP connected, is very popular with merchandising, so basically is the best option that they could come up to have their cake and eat it too. The Fallen Angels title will be crucial in making both Psylocke and Cable into viable characters for the future of the franchise.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 07-30-2019 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

There are previews for X-Men, Marauders and Excalibur floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I want to post the Excalibur ones from Twitter but To was wondering how they dropped already.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Could you please share what you have seen?
    (if posible of course)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I want to post the Excalibur ones from Twitter but To was wondering how they dropped already.
    Possible there’s a Previews book dropping tomorrow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Could you please share what you have seen?
    (if posible of course)
    It was posted on the “X-Men” Facebook page.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It was posted on the “X-Men” Facebook page.
    Okay, thanks.

BANNED

I never know to link FB on mobile so I hope this works

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...78914045467996

Looks like Storm is taking the fight to Orchis’ base.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Concerning kid Cable, I can understand why Marvel decided to go this way, even though I don’t think it was well executed. I have never been a big Cable fan, I find his concept ridiculous and confusing, and think that Nathan would have been better served not ever having been combined with a Liefeld monstrosity. He is the worst of the 90s excesses rolled into a character that got some longevity thanks to being turned into a Summers. With that said, to me he works better as a younger character than Scott, I think there is some interesting things to explore there with both him and Jean, and Rachel. As I said I think the change wasn’t executed well, but I definitely like the end result better.
    The same thing applies to Psylocke (both Betsy and Kwannon). Betsy story as a Japanese ninja assasin was done, even Claremont never intended for it to be permanent or go for as long as it did, but then the left and the whole bad girl boom happened, and Psylocke was pretty much at the forefront of that (heck, she was basically a template for a lot of the bad girls characters that followed). Yes, it is weird because Marvel is pretty much treating the Psylocke name as part of the Japanese ninja identity when in reality it has been a part of Betsy pretty much her whole publishing life, but as I said before Marvel wanted to keep that particular imagery and IP connected, is very popular with merchandising, so basically is the best option that they could come up to have their cake and eat it too. The Fallen Angels title will be crucial in making both Psylocke and Cable into viable characters for the future of the franchise.
    I'm the exact opposite. They took a long-standing favorite of mine with an admittedly complex yet layered backstory, and made him generic and boring. Plus he used to be badass. Now he's weak and looks like X-man and I have no interest in him anymore.

Oh well. At least Wolverine's back...

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I never know to link FB on mobile so I hope this works

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...78914045467996
    Neat! Love the artwork. Can't wait to read the series.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

From X-men 1

Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-31-2019 at 12:32 AM.

From Marauders

Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-31-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Damn, that artwork on Marauders looks good, really good, really really good. Sucks that I have almost zero interest in the title, but cannot deny that it might just be the best looking of all the Dawn of X titles.