257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 56 of 94 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No worries, man. I wasn’t offended. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

And I actually kind of agree with you re: the retcon, but it was shortly after I started reading comics that he was revealed to be Nathan Summers returned from the future (early 90s), so that’s pretty much how I first met the character. In that sense, it’s kind of all I’ve ever known with regards to him. But having read the back issues of New Mutants and X-Tinction Agenda (which he was badass in by the way), I can see where he would’ve been just fine as a character without any Summers connection. They could’ve gone in a completely different direction with him honestly.
    I probably wouldn’t be so hard on Cable as a character if he wasn’t Nathan and was just his own thing, but I felt he over complicated an already complicated Summers family, and it would have been better for him just to be his own character. Nathan could have come back as Nate, as I always felt him being more like X-Man than Cable would have worked better for his family dynamic with Scott and Jean, and he would have been able to be more fully integrated into the X-Men mythos that way. I guess that is what Kid Cable is essentially now, but he still has the baggage of one day still having to become old Cable. As I said I liked the end result, but not the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    But we do know that Krakoa can lead to a future that is less than desirable for mutants. And since one of Cable's duties is to protect the timeline, he's obviously not gonna sit back and let a bad future come to fruition. It might not lead to his future, but it's still his mom and dad's future. And you never know, something else could happen to the timeline, that could require correcting, considering time travel is constantly happening.

Also I do see a mind wipe being the only way to rectify him being in the present. Otherwise older Cable's been holding his tongue about a lot of things he should likely know.
    And how would he know that? OG Cable came back bc his future was screwed up bc of Apocalypse. Teen Cable came back bc he was in the future screwed up by the O5. He was not living the PoX future to know about it to prevent it! Even if he did, he could have easily stopped it by finding and killing Xavier, just as he did Cable. His continued existence is very contrived

Why would anyone need to mindwipe him? This isnt the same situation like the O5 when they were plucked out of time and put back in place exactly where they left. There is nowhere to put him back as he came from a place far in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRev72 View Post
    I can't see all 6 of these books continuing. Most people will just want to buy 2 or 3.

X-Men and New Mutants are likely safe, long-term bets to continue with Hickman at the helm. X-Force probably as well, based on the roster and the fact that it can incorporate a revolving cast of characters into various missions.

My hunch is Fallen Angels will be quickly revealed to be a mini-series. Probably 6 issues. Marauders may survive a little longer but the "high-seas" concept behind this book seems a little too gimmicky - I just don't see it as being popular. I'd give it 10-12 issues and then cancellation for low sales. These characters will likely be reabsorbed into the Hickman X-Men book or spread around into new series. Excalibur might survive a while longer, but I'm doubtful. I'd give it 10-12 issues as well, with Rogue and Gambit spinning off again or appearing regularly in the X-Men and/or X-Force books.

The only other potential on-going I could see selling well is a regular Wolverine series. Which feels inevitable.
    New Mutants is a Brisson book. Hickman is only doing 2 issues. It has a clear mission statement and seems like it could last about 2-3 arcs

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As soon as Hickman dips out of New Mutants, expect Glob.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    And the French twins.

You kid but I bet Brisson will work him into there somehow. Probably would have gotten him instead of Mondo had Hickman not helped launch it

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    And the French twins.
    I dont expect them here at all

I can't see all 6 of these books continuing. Most people will just want to buy 2 or 3.

X-Men and New Mutants are likely safe, long-term bets to continue with Hickman at the helm. X-Force probably as well, based on the roster and the fact that it can incorporate a revolving cast of characters into various missions.

My hunch is Fallen Angels will be quickly revealed to be a mini-series. Probably 6 issues. Marauders may survive a little longer but the "high-seas" concept behind this book seems a little too gimmicky - I just don't see it as being popular. I'd give it 10-12 issues and then cancellation for low sales. These characters will likely be reabsorbed into the Hickman X-Men book or spread around into new series. Excalibur might survive a while longer, but I'm doubtful. I'd give it 10-12 issues as well, with Rogue and Gambit spinning off again or appearing regularly in the X-Men and/or X-Force books.

The only other potential on-going I could see selling well is a regular Wolverine series. Which feels inevitable.
    I agree with you completely, the market is just not in a position to support multiple X-Titles, especially when some of them have such out there concepts. Heck, I don’t even know if New Mutants is really safe, and that is the title that I am looking forward the most together with X-Force. Marauders maybe can survive based on the name recognition of the characters in it, but the concept feels gimmicky and not something that would sustain a long term series (not saying it would be bad, just that the concept is not an easy sell). Fallen Angels absolutely feels like a mini, I don’t see how long they can keep what basically is a Kwannon as Psylocke solo with two supporting characters that although popular are not necessarily the most recognizable X-Men going.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 08-02-2019 at 10:03 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I agree with you completely, the market is just not in a position to support multiple X-Titles, especially when some of them have such out there concepts. Heck, I don’t even know if New Mutants is really safe, and that is the title that I am looking forward the most together with X-Force. Marauders maybe can survive based on the name recognition of the characters in it, but the concept feels gimmicky and not something that would sustain a long term series (not saying it would be bad, just that the concept is not an easy sell). Fallen Angels absolutely feels like a mini, I don’t see how long they can keep what basically is a Kwannon as Psylocke solo with two supporting characters that although popular are not necessarily the most recognizable X-Men going.
    It may end up in a similar situation to how Marvel handles Spider-Man, where there is one high-selling book (ASM) (or two if you still count Venom as a Spidey book) that serves as an anchor, and then a ton of side-books, mini-series, and one-shots, to milk as many dollars as they can out of the franchise.

Here, you'll likely have Hickman's flagship X-Men book as the high-profile, high-selling anchor book with a succession of other mutant books in its orbit, appearing and disappearing based on sales (and politics/representation etc.).

(This proliferation of X-Books seems to be part of Marvel's general flood-the-shelves approach. Offer fans of a franchise as much to buy as they possibly can to boost overall book sales. It's the opposite of DC's title reduction strategy. It will be interesting to see which approach works out in the end.)

It may end up in a similar situation to how Marvel handles Spider-Man, where there is one high-selling book (ASM) (or two if you still count Venom as a Spidey book) that serves as an anchor, and then a ton of side-books, mini-series, and one-shots, to milk as many dollars as they can out of the franchise.

Here, you'll likely have Hickman's flagship X-Men book as the high-profile, high-selling anchor book with a succession of other mutant books in its orbit, appearing and disappearing based on sales (and politics/representation etc.).

(This proliferation of X-Books seems to be part of Marvel's general flood-the-shelves approach. Offer fans of a franchise as much to buy as they possibly can to boost overall book sales. It's the opposite of DC's title reduction strategy. It will be interesting to see which approach works out in the end.)
    Its almost always been like that with the X-books though so this isnt anything new

all of these books will be fine except for like, fallen angels
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

RIP in peace, X-23 book.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its almost always been like that with the X-books though so this isnt anything new
    Since the 90s there have always been 2 flagship titles though. Of the current crop, based only on the characters in it, Marauders should be that second flagship since Emma, Storm, Iceman, Bishop, Kitty feel very A-list, but the concept and the name of the series doesn’t. I wonder if there will be another flagship included in the second wave, or if it’ll just be Hickman’s X-Men.

RIP in peace, X-23 book.
    that's what they deserve for straight up stealing tabby and the lobster's shit
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Since the 90s there have always been 2 flagship titles though. Of the current crop, based only on the characters in it, Marauders should be that second flagship since Emma, Storm, Iceman, Bishop, Kitty feel very A-list, but the concept and the name of the series doesn’t. I wonder if there will be another flagship included in the second wave, or if it’ll just be Hickman’s X-Men.
    He mentioned 1 or 2 flagship books in the post so my point remains

BANNED

Both JDW and Hickman said Marauders is the worldbuilding book. If the wacky high school hijinks of Quentin Quire and Broo can be sold as a main flagship than so can Marauders as a secondary important title.

X-23 sell books very well

RIP in peace, X-23 book.
    Well Rip x-men Red