• Excalibur

257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Marauders is also the book that Hickman says does the best at staying true to his vision

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Exactly

I don't understand folks asking for more creative stuff and then don't want it before they read it.
    It's a case of everyone wants something different.

Some were fine with the X-Books the last few years and hate the changes.
    Others wanted the change and are excited.
    Some wanted change, but wanted a certain kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Establishing a mutant trade system is interesting and legitimizes Krakoa as a nation, but conducting that trade via sea travel when the X-Men have access to advanced flight tech, teleporting mutants, and now Krakoa gateways seems odd.
    exactly! my concern is it’s feels forced. gonna be checking it out either way though lol

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    exactly! my concern is it’s feels forced. gonna be checking it out either way though lol
    They're most likely trading the flowers, so there is precedent for it

thats fair. Interesting knowing Hickman said that..I mean I’ve trusted him this far and he hasn’t let me down yet

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Exactly

I don't understand folks asking for more creative stuff and then don't want it before they read it.
    Eh when X-Fans say they want change they really just mean they want their favorites on a book.

We have New Mutants being a space book, Marauders being pirate book with some Hellfire Club shenanigans, Excalibur being a magic focused book, and X-Force being a Mutant CIA of sorts those are some pretty conceptually diverse books right out the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im a Cable fan and love him, so....
    You are welcome to him then. I’m no longer a Cable fan. At least until the OG version comes back.

Cable shouldn’t be cute, or skinny or young. If he’s those things, he’s not Cable. He’s Nate Grey/X-man. At least IMO.

It’s cool, though. The best X-Force teams were Logan led anyway. And now he’s back on X-Force and Kid Cable is elsewhere. So I’ve got that and I’m a happy camper. To each his or her own.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 08-13-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Excalibur and Marauders are the two books I'm most excited for with this relaunch. Marauders is such a weird and far out there concept that I can't help but be intrigued. The cast is pretty great, too.

Love that New Mutants cover! While I am not entirely happy the majority of them are in training uniforms, they are at least unique to each character.

I'm glad that Kwannon is finally going to be developed into her own character but I really hate that they gave her the Psylocke codename and put her into that stupid thong costume. I hope she can at least get a new costume with pants at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Excalibur and Marauders are the two books I'm most excited for with this relaunch. Marauders is such a weird and far out there concept that I can't help but be intrigued. The cast is pretty great, too.
    I wonder if Betty turning into Captain Britain happens in HoX/PoX in which case...what the heck happens that opens up that can of worms!? I have a feeling these last few issues of Hox/PoX are gonna be epic.

BANNED

I'll give all the books a try, which is not something I'd ever have done post-Morrison tbh. So many ancillary or 'main' X-books have been a waste of time. But Jonathan Hickman repping for the New Mutants himself is the biggest push they'll probably ever get - though they've collectively come a long way in the last decade-plus, in increments - and I'm very excited about it. I do hope they do something to fully clarify their team status in their book. It's one thing to say 'everyone's an X-Man now,' but to really give them a proper push you need to see more NMs (or for other fans, Gen Xers or NXM kids or whatever) in the main book as full team members, like what was done with Sam over the years, or with Sam and Bobby in Avengers, or Illyana since her resurrection, etc. Dani and Shan have had showcases as proper team members off and on, but there needs to be a full commitment to those characters from an A-list talent to make it stick. This is that.

Kid Cable seems interesting, I guess. The original Cable as a character had no further he could go years ago. Is the X-Force book with the kid worth reading? Or his initial appearance? What book was that again? Why did he kill his older self?

It always surprises me when people still get anxious about covers. They are designed to agitate. Emma is not allying with Shaw against the X-Men (again), it's just a cover.

Rachel's current 'dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit' (to quote "Heat") costume remains awful. Please bring back the Dark Phoenix costume, or the Marvel Girl refit. Or anything else.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I wonder if Betty turning into Captain Britain happens in HoX/PoX in which case...what the heck happens that opens up that can of worms!? I have a feeling these last few issues of Hox/PoX are gonna be epic.
    We've seen the previews of Excalibur's first issue, which shows Brian passing off the mantle to Betsy.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I'm glad that Kwannon is finally going to be developed into her own character but I really hate that they gave her the Psylocke codename and put her into that stupid thong costume. I hope she can at least get a new costume with pants at some point.
    Like stated on TvTropes, I think it's a compromise.

Some fans hated the yellow face race-swap, and over sexualization of Betsy's character afterwards. Eventually she started wearing pants, which disappointed those who loved the fanservice. Now she's back in her original body with an even more modest uniform.

But people who enjoy sexy Asian Psylocke can be happy with this. Betsy is the more modestly dressed Captain Britain, highlighting her British heritage. And Kwannon can be the sexy badass ninja who actually is Asian and can have her heritage as a focal point without it seeming artificial as another woman in yellow-face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Rachel's current 'dead-tech, post-modernistic bullshit' (to quote "Heat") costume remains awful. Please bring back the Dark Phoenix costume, or the Marvel Girl refit. Or anything else.
    It only works with the turkey coat. This version's still a vast improvement over Prestige though.