257 56.24%
  • Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Like stated on TvTropes, I think it's a compromise.

Some fans hated the yellow face race-swap, and over sexualization of Betsy's character afterwards. Eventually she started wearing pants, which disappointed those who loved the fanservice. Now she's back in her original body with an even more modest uniform.

But people who enjoy sexy Asian Psylocke can be happy with this. Betsy is the more modestly dressed Captain Britain, highlighting her British heritage. And Kwannon can be the sexy badass ninja who actually is Asian and can have her heritage as a focal point without it seeming artificial as another woman in yellow-face.
    Seems like everyone wins. I still think kwannon should be using pants, but I'm don't feel strongly about it.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly? The best costume Rachel has had is probably the spiky Prestige look or the Blue Phoenix takes. Why can't she be in one of those?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It only works with the turkey coat. This version's still a vast improvement over Prestige though.
    They look the same to me tbh but I am not that well-versed in her current looks. Please tell me that awful code name is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The Marauders cover itself is kind of... interesting and sinister. It definitely doesn't paint Emma as entirely heroic.
    As if her biggest fans writing this book would write that LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You are welcome to him then. I’m no longer a Cable fan. At least until the OG version comes back.

Cable shouldn’t be cute, or skinny or young. If he’s those things, he’s not Cable. He’s Nate Grey/X-man. At least IMO.

It’s cool, though. The best X-Force teams were Logan led anyway. And now he’s back on X-Force and Kid Cable is elsewhere. So I’ve got that and I’m a happy camper. To each his or her own.
    This guy is nothing like Nate Grey and far more like Cable in characterization which makes sense bc thats who he is

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    They look the same to me tbh but I am not that well-versed in her current looks. Please tell me that awful code name is dead.
    She's called Prestige on the slides from the Comic-Con panel.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    As if her biggest fans writing this book would write that LOL
    Grooooooooooooooooan

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I am in love with the Marauders Cover. It has that Victorian feel I really like, while you just know it's sinister business going on.

And even though she's not a liked character, I am tempted to use that Emma pic for an Avatar. lol But i'll let an actual Emma fan have it, as I know someone will be updating soon. lol

Kid Cable has the same problem that the teen O5. eventually he will have to go away

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I am in love with the Marauders Cover. It has that Victorian feel I really like, while you just know it's sinister business going on.

And even though she's not a liked character, I am tempted to use that Emma pic for an Avatar. lol But i'll let an actual Emma fan have it, as I know someone will be updating soon. lol
    could be but it isn't
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Kid Cable has the same problem that the teen O5. eventually he will have to go away

should be but it isn't
    I love adult Jean over teen jean but Jeen was fun. It was interesting to see her character looking at everything from other point of view. Her age and time displaced status let her look and react to things on different and unique ways.

Of course the adult original versions are better but that doesn't mean there is nothing interesting about seeing these characters acting from a younger perspective.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-13-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love adult Jean over teen jean but Jeen was fun. It was interesting to see her character looking at everything from a different point of view. Her different age and timedisplaced situation let her look and react to things on different and unique ways.

Of course the adult original versions are better but that doesn't mean there is nothing interesting about seeing these characters acting from a younger perspective.
    For a short time it is ok, for a long time it ended up being mostly filler

BANNED

Unlike the O5 Kid Cable doesn't have to go away. But he probably will.

My sweet boy Evan has lasted though, and that's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Unlike the O5 Kid Cable doesn't have to go away. But he probably will.

My sweet boy Evan has lasted though, and that's what matters.
    Nah, he has to just like they did. His continued existence in present day doesnt make much sense and comes with the same problems theirs did

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah, he has to just like they did. His continued existence in present day doesnt make much sense and comes with the same problems theirs did
    Well, I'm not familiar with the specifics there so I'm sure you're right. I just don't feel it's as shopworn or immediately tired an idea as the O5.

As for NM, I'd just like to add how happy I am to finally see Rahne in a book where she is not being tortured, driven to indiscriminate murder, or turned into a bigot, a hysterical shrew, a brood mare or an overall weak sister which has been the bulk of her story in the 21st century. I've been pissed about what's been done to Rahne since they handed her over to the original OTT grimdark X-Force revamp, a place she was never suited for but I guess happened because the artist really wanted to draw a werewolf or something. She's always deserved so much more and has largely been treated like shit basically since the 90s ended (surprisingly enough).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But again there's no Cable to protect the timeline. That's what Brisson made OG Cable do in his run, fix any and all problems to the timeline, even those not involving the X-Men, so he can protect his family and friends. Kid Cable would obviously want to do the same.