• Fallen Angels

131 28.67%
  • Marauders

261 57.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1400

Excalibur 4 variant

That Jean cover is AMAZING! Ahhh, I need more!

Aaron Kuder's variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Aaron Kuder's variant.
    I love how the captured Storm's joy in her powers. The smile on her face as she rides the wind and lightning and just lives in the moment and her connection to the weather all around her.

So this is interesting. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...f-x-schedules/

BC says that the double-shipping for some of these books won't slow down because Marvel suits want the X-Men books to make up strong numbers compared to the, reportedly, poorer-than-expected numbers of the Age Of X books/event.

Now I've been saying since I joined CBR forums that Age of X-Man was stupid, and the creative teams just were not cutting it, and it sounds like the numbers proved it. Now people are gonna have to shell out more money to read the DoX books.

Can the creative teams keep up this schedule? Doomsday Clock & Three Jokers PTSD
    Can people afford this? I cannot
    Can the creative teams keep everyone's interest?

I've always said 6 books post HoX/PoX is freaking nuts and some of these will sell poorly once people realize Hickman isn't writing everything and they don't like these other writers/artists.

Not to mention some of the writers from Age of X-Man are coming back to write in Wave 2 of DoX. I get some people liked them, but their numbers are kinda against them, apparently. Nice of Marvel to let them have another swing though.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-24-2019 at 12:11 PM.

BANNED

With the exception of the Terrigenocide era, six books is the smalles the X-line has been since 1991.

Extraordinary Member

They will have a new artist every issue if they have to. The only thing (other than art) likely to be impacted by the increased shipping might be story quality (e.g., pacing, minor continuity stuff). The hit to the wallet? Yeah, that already scared me off. More due to Marvel already abusing the $4.99 cover price lately, I am out of good will.

Also keep in mind. You DO NOT have to pick up all titles.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They will have a new artist every issue if they have to. The only thing (other than art) likely to be impacted by the increased shipping might be story quality (e.g., pacing, minor continuity stuff). The hit to the wallet? Yeah, that already scared me off. More due to Marvel already abusing the $4.99 cover price lately, I am out of good will.
    Wait until they try to sell $5.99 Omega issues of every 6 Dawn of X books before Wave 2 gets started.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think they might have Phase 1 storyboarded out already. Hickman spent months putting everything in order for the books, I think he may have storied a good portion out with the other writers so that they could focus on writing a consistently threaded story across all the books. Look at Marauders, they already knew they were going to do that book before they planned any others. Marauders sets the tone for the current political status of Krakoa, and they knew what characters they were going to use and a general idea of where the story was going to go after HoX/PoX. I love that they are creating teams with weird combinations of characters that you wouldn't expect.

I never knew I would actually start thinking that Apocalypse is a hero, but here they actually have me thinking that, it's so weird and amazing at the same time. Why is he on Excalibur? Why is he working with Elizabeth? Why is he holding Rictor on the cover like they are lovers or something? What is going on??

Lol, it's making me so excited for the fall because I just want to find out what is going on!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

And if they do plan to give us more issues. They better find some damn good artist to rotate with the current roster OR make sure that our current artist can keep up with the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Also keep in mind. You DO NOT have to pick up all titles.
    That's very true. I was on the fence of trying 3 books, and sticking with 2 of them, but knowing this I may just try 2 books and stick with 1 of them.

If DC hadn't nosedived Post-Rebirth DCU into absolute mediocrity, this past year and a half, I wouldn't even be getting an X-Book, so Marvel's got that goin' for them from me.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-24-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Leave Geoff Johns alone, he has a very strict hibernation cycle.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    With the exception of the Terrigenocide era, six books is the smalles the X-line has been since 1991.
    What about the Decimation era, or is that part of the Terrigenocide era?

Yeah I was thinking of getting X-Men / Marauders / Excalibur / Fallen Angels

But I think I may only be getting Excalibur now...idk they need to do more to hype of those titles for me again.

I gain or lose interest on a weekly basis.