• No Polls

0 0%
  • No Polls

0 0%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who wins this boxing match?

hulk_vs_superman_colors_final_by_heagsta-da4ccqm.jpg

Who wins this boxing match of heavyweight? The Blue Boy Scout or the Green Goliath

Firstly, welcome to Rumbles.

Secondly, one of the rules hereabouts is ‘No Polls on Rumbles’. I’d recommend taking a look at the stickied threads for Rules, FAQs etc.

Thirdly, Superman is so ridiculously much faster than Hulk that he would be hitting thousands (as a huge understatement) of times a second, while moving far too fast for Hulk to land a single hit. He wins comfortably.

Also, since when was Bane vastly bigger than Thor?

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Also, since when was Bane vastly bigger than Thor?
    I think Thor is supposed to be sitting down while bane is clearly standing.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

supes went head up against ali. hulk is too slow and too ugly to win.

Extraordinary Member

Given the height disparity between the two of them, I'd give good odds on Superman accidentally ducking so low that his head goes below Hulk's Belt line, which would be an unintentional foul. Thus if the Hulk is rendered unable to fight because of the unintentional foul, within the first four rounds, then the match would be ruled a no contest

Thirdly, Superman is so ridiculously much faster than Hulk that he would be hitting thousands (as a huge understatement) of times a second, while moving far too fast for Hulk to land a single hit. He wins comfortably.
    While Superman is certainly capable of it, I'm not sure if it would be a smart decision here. Rapid fire attacks would likely require Superman to move around The Hulk in order to prevent him from being sent flying by his punches. This means he's hitting him in the back, which is a foul that would get him disqualified

(I know, this is rumbles, but looking at actual boxing rules is the only why this is interesting)

Not remotely. Hulk’s punches would be moving like a sloth through molasses as far as Supes is concerned. He’d have no problem side-stepping them, ducking them etc. while still landing a barrage of hits from the side or front.

Extraordinary Member

Not remotely. Hulk’s punches would be moving like a sloth through molasses as far as Supes is concerned. He’d have no problem side-stepping them, ducking them etc. while still landing a barrage of hits from the side or front.
    My thinking was that Supes wouldn't be able to pull off the Multi-Hit because Hulk would be sent flying by the first one XD

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    My thinking was that Supes wouldn't be able to pull off the Multi-Hit because Hulk would be sent flying by the first one XD
    Comic book punches don't do that especially consistently. Even then... what happens if you get punched out of the ring in boxing? That feels like it shouldn't be ruled to your advantage. A little googling:

If by outside the ring you mean punched in a way that causes them to fall outside the ring, then as in Paul P’s answer: the rules of the various associations allow time to return. This is usually a set time. If no such time is prescribed then the referee will instruct the timekeeper to stop the clock. When the boxer who fell out has returned, the bout will be restarted, at the referee’s convenience. If the allowed time for the boxer to present at the mark (the ring centre) to proceed is exceeded, the boxer loses by RD - Referee’s Decision. If this is not listed in the rules as a set option, then a TKO will be awarded to the striking boxer.
    However, there is another possibility here in which the referee decides that the ring structure itself is of low quality and not sufficient for safety or proper conduct of the bout. In this case he may allow the boxer knocked out of the ring as much time as is necessary to return [1].

So I see two possibilities if we assume Supes is sending Hulk flying. Either he hits him so hard Hulk breaks orbit and can't return under his own power. Or we have an indestructible ring, at which point Hulk winds up pinned against the edge of it by a rain of blows he can't comprehend. Both wins for Supes.

Love the art work and welcome to Rumbles. But you'll find Beadle's answer is just about everyone's answer on something that is this cut and dried based on feats. Superman is just so much faster by literally a million times that it's not even a contest.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Superman Would win imo

I think it would take a hulk like world war hulk to give Superman a decent fight and even then I don’t know the upper limits of Superman’s strength