Default MCU Falcon vs. MCU Vulture

now here's a matchup that needs to happen, in a future Avengers movie. No doubt it could happen if the producers decided it would be a good dramatic matchup.

Let the movie come out first?

Saw the movie, Vulture was BRUTAL.

I guess Falcon is more skilled/trained. But Vulture has the much better tech. Falcon only has shield tech right? Vulture has spoilers:
    Ultron/Stark/Chitari
    end of spoilers tech.

Also seeing, how they both faired against spider-man... Falcon is on the losing end.

If Falcon's concept is "flying infantry", then Vulture's concept is "flying tank". Notwithstanding the lack of range weapons, that thing was using itself as a battering ram through concrete walls and using its propellers and feathers like cutting weapons through steel containers and an airplane hull (and a highly advanced Stark one at that).

Falcon's only hope is trying to shoot Toomes' relatively unprotected torso, but then Toomes is just likely to block using his wings and ram him to death.

And oh, MCU finally gets a villain on par with Loki. I actually... like him! and he spoilers:
    lives in the end
    end of spoilers.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's also impressive that Vulture didn't actually really hurt Spider-Man all that much despite whomping him seeing something fierce.

MCU Peter is a durable kid.

I also feel like Vulture is a good deal faster then Falcon to.

When he grabbed spider-man in mid air (as seen in the trailer) he gets to near cloud level within friggin seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    And oh, MCU finally gets a villain on par with Loki. I actually... like him! and he spoilers:
    lives in the end
    end of spoilers.
    Hehe, yea during the final act i was like

spoilers:
    "oh man please don't kill this guy off! oh thank god spidey saves him!
    end of spoilers

Just got back from seeing it a second time (gotta support this movie!) and i will say it's even better the second time around. so many details can be missed in the first viewing..

Also i loved the nod the movie gave to alternate universe assasin spider-man

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To be fair, Falcon is more mobile seeing as how he was dodging SeaWiz fire from a SHIELD helicarrier.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Think of it this way, Falcon's harness can be stopped by webs to a vent. *nothing* in the film stopped Vulture's harness from flying, not Spider Man's webs, not ramming itself through concrete, not having its propellers being used to cut through steel container van, and not even a fiery plane crash. It might not be an Iron Man suit, but that thing was getting really close durability-wise to top-shelf Avengers 1 Iron Man armor.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

His only chance is to hit him with his missiles, but Adrian should be able to get in close, tear his wings off, and then destroy him

I maybe give Falcon the edge in speed and mobility but that's it. Vulture appeared way stronger, versatile, and durable. I'd say he's a couple notches below the Iron Man/War Machine suits, but that's still enough to take Falcon.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post

spoilers:
    "oh man please don't kill this guy off! oh thank god spidey saves him!
    end of spoilers

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. Also spoilers:
    the after credit scene with Gargan made me love the portrayal even more.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I'd give Falcon an edge in mobility but in raw speed Vulture was substantially faster than a large multi engined cargo jet

Yeah, I know. Holy thread resurrection Batman I mean Powerboy.

But I finally saw Spider-Man: Homecoming a week or so ago. Yes, I said Homecoming, not Far from Home.

The Vulture was an awesome "villain" in as much as he was the villain. He was incredibly tough and powerful albeit he was vulnerable if someone could manage to hit to his body. He was at least as fast as the Falcon in straight line flight and maybe faster by feats such as catching the Stark plane.

But I watched a clip of all of the Falcon's flights and fights. He was dodging multiple missiles, outmaneuvering Iron-Man and War Machine and performing some amazing acrobatics in fights. None of that is going to help him if he tries to go toe to toe with the Vulture but I hesitate to give Toomes ranged weapons as any sort of standard equipment since he only carried that gun with him once. On the other hand, the Falcon had all sorts of missiles that he was firing. He should be able to play keep-away, avoid Toomes all day and wait until he has the perfect shot set up and fire a missile that nails Adrian in the body.

Not saying it's a sure thing and he's done if he runs out of missiles before he gets that good shot in but he can spend all day trying for the setup to be right before he fires while Toomes has no standard equipment ranged attack and, from what I saw of the Vulture, the Falcon should be able to evade him easily for hours assuming they have an arena big enough to effectively use their advantages. Granted that in a 100 foot arena, the Falcon has little room to move but then the Vulture can't really get to speed either and could be nailed hard with a missile to his vulnerable body by the vastly more maneuverable Falcon as the Vulture tries to avoid hitting walls.
    Power with Girl is better.