Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yes really.

RT only ever matters to you people when it scores things to your liking. Anytime it doesn't, you just act contrarian and enjoy whatever Marvel puts out anyway.

He didn't say no to Spider-Man 3. And from what I've read this feels a lot like a similar situation.
    To be fair, Spider Man 3 didn't get messy until the producers forced him to include Venom in the movie. Add that in with the fact that Sam himself said he wasn't a fan of Venom and you have a recipe for failure. If Sandman and Harry were the main villains like he wanted, Spider Man 3 would have been better..

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like every fear Wanda fans had about this movie were right.
    After how WandaVision ended I'm just glad I don't have to sit through a movie telling me not to see her for what she really is - a villain.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    After how WandaVision ended I'm just glad I don't have to sit through a movie telling me not to see her for what she really is - a villain.
    Exactly where I stand as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Exactly where I stand as well.
    The fact that they even made her a villain at all and for the reason they did is the entire problem. I think they made her far too culpable in Westview than they should have even if I was also right there thinking she didn't face as much consequences as she should have. But she shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

It's Disassembled all over again...only I hear it's actually worse.

You guys are straying VERY close to spoiler territory. Hell, we all know what you're inferring anyways, so it kinda crosses the line.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    They are no reason why he should have been brought back after Logan for one reason, MCU cant make a movie like Logan, so dont bring the characters back from those films,
    This is a two way street you know.
    The fox men universe under fox could never make a movie like infinity war,avengers,avengers end game,black panther,captain america civil war,captain america winter soldier etc..etc..
    In fact every mcu and dceu type movie.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-03-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The fox men universe under fox could never make a movie like infinity war,avengers,avengers end game,black panther,captain america civil war,captain america winter soldier etc..etc..
    The X-Men universe by Fox would have eventually imploded with all their box office failures.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    You guys are straying VERY close to spoiler territory. Hell, we all know what you're inferring anyways, so it kinda crosses the line.
    I completely agree 100% and it is even worst then that.

It is making me very sad and Honestly angry today. It started out find posters using spoiler tags and that’s good. If you want to choose read a spoiler that should be your choice that should be it, I was doing that myself at my own pace with what I wanted to know.

BUT then it just become blanket post after post both here and on other threads With Little to no spoiler tags that are not spoilers thread at all, giving literally the store away and pretty much spoiling a Major whole of the film and that is truly not right and makes me upset, a rare thing for me to be.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Eh, if you're that worried about spoilers you probably shouldn't be on any thread related to the film leading up to or directly after the opening weekend.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Fox did not have to make those films, I don't think they were capable or even wanted them to try because I think for the xmen IP, they have too much story, it was a mistake to attempt an apocalypse or dark phoenix movie by fox because you will need about 3 films or more to get that done and that was impossible and Fox record was mixed at best, so they should not have gone near the more epic xmen stories.

Additionally disney or mcu cannot make those films either, because they will stretch the limits of the disney kid friendly restriction and we will end up with what may have seem to have hampered this movie, reading the reviews where some have said the movie is not convincingly horror enough. Although I don't know how some actually thought Disney Marvel could do real horror in the first place.

so neither Fox or Disney were or would be good in adapting many xmen stories because for X-MEN you do need to have a strong plot unlike Avengers and you just cant watered down things. CGI action and crossover tactics alone will not do.

Moreover, I will remind that Fox did do some good, they were better suited for smaller scale more grounded driven comic drama where characters like the Xavier, who seemed to have been plucked in this movie, got to shine be it X2 or Logan. Two movies MCU (for example) cannot make because by MCU standard not only are they not kid friendly, they are also very director driven. Bryan Singer and James Mangold would likely have been fired by Disney the same way the original director for dr strange 2 left and Raimi was brought in.

Also, Fox would have had to made Captain America or black panther, they already made First Class, which is basically black panther with more depth and superior film making because when fox got it right, they never tend to waste their director's talent, Also DOFP came out the same time as Winter Solider, while Winter solider should gets its praise as the first attempt from MCU to try and make a mature comic movie. DOFP gets praise for been old school veteran in making mature comic book dramas as they did form the very first films. Fox never needed to make mcu stuff, if they even did from the start we would not even have the Partick Stewart Charles Xavier who is in the film. Call it the bootstrap paradox.

Also on this issue, speaking of some review spoilers, I saw the Grace Randolph review and she said most of the cameos felt flat, I have also seen some other reviews , I think it was the daily beast call it exhausting, so I wont be surprised if there is some backlash in the coming weeks if Xavier is portrayed in this movie as nothing more but some fake-out or Stewart just phones it in and is there ...just because.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-03-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Funny thing with all that Marvel formula and "MCU allows no artistic vision of the director" talk is that this movie is actually more Raimiesque than his Spider-Man movies.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    To be fair, Spider Man 3 didn't get messy until the producers forced him to include Venom in the movie. Add that in with the fact that Sam himself said he wasn't a fan of Venom and you have a recipe for failure. If Sandman and Harry were the main villains like he wanted, Spider Man 3 would have been better..
    So what are some now suggesting. Sam Raimi has found himself in the same place as Spiderman 3 but this time with a different kind of hands that fed him? Interesting about Raimi. One of the biggest issue of Spiderman 3 was the messiness. the last arc was one of the worst 3rd arcs ever put on film compared to the comic films back then. The messiness was so much Raimi could not contain it in the end.

Dr Strange has or always had a chance to be more messy, so if Raimi struggled to pull of spiderman 3, good chance he may struggle here too because this is just bigger on concept and he has to stick to some status quo from Feige.

Although multiverse stories in good advice to write, I will say do it more star trekkie. At the very heart of science fiction writing, Multiverse stories are meant to intrigue the mind, you wonder how your life would have been in another time, space and place. It is not really about action and explosions or just the standard comic bookie stuff. Multiverse stores at best tend to be some of the must human stripped down stories in the science fiction genre.

Wonder if anyone remembers the Buffy episode called Normal Again. Where we get to see two buffys who are both real, one is the slayer the other is a mental girl in a psyche ward and the stories plays out together. If I do get to see this film, I would have to watch the star trek TNG episode : Worf had his birthday and ended u jumping into many multiverses to see what his life would have been a like in another time line.

That should be a good prep for great multiverse stories to measure with dr strange 2 in terms of writing and quality even if I am not really a big fan of comparing a movie to a tv episode but the concept in any story format can be excellent when done well.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-03-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, if you're that worried about spoilers you probably shouldn't be on any thread related to the film leading up to or directly after the opening weekend.
    Then their should be a thread that is Dub SPOILERS for those that either want to avoid or see them, threads like this one and others don't have that so that is why spoilers:
    SPOILER TAGS
    end of spoilers where created, to show respect to avoid this and follow the rules. Posters should not be worrying about going onto threads to be spoiled if that thread is not specific to in given spoils that are not safely in Spoiler tags 1st, otherwise we are saying bar yourself from ALL of CBR cause other posters are not follow the rules or respect where outloud SPOILER posts should and should not be.

I thought that was an imporant rule around CBR?
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Then their should be a thread that is Dub SPOILERS for those that either want to avoid or see them, threads like this one and others don't have that so that is why spoilers:
    SPOILER TAGS
    end of spoilers where created, to show respect to avoid this and follow the rules. Posters should not be worrying about going onto threads to be spoiled if that thread is not specific to in given spoils that are not safely in Spoiler tags 1st, otherwise we are saying bar yourself from ALL of CBR cause other posters are not follow the rules or respect where outloud SPOILER posts should and should not be.

I thought that was an imporant rule around CBR?
    You don't have to avoid all of CBR just specific threads about new releases...it's not hard. And as far as I'm aware there isn't a specific rule about it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Fox did not have to make those films, I don't think they were capable or even wanted them to try because I think for the xmen IP, they have too much story, it was a mistake to attempt an apocalypse or dark phoenix movie by fox because you will need about 3 films or more to get that done and that was impossible and Fox record was mixed at best, so they should not have gone near the more epic xmen stories.

Additionally disney or mcu cannot make those films either, because they will stretch the limits of the disney kid friendly restriction and we will end up with what may have seem to have hampered this movie, reading the reviews where some have said the movie is not convincingly horror enough. Although I don't know how some actually thought Disney Marvel could do real horror in the first place.

so neither Fox or Disney were or would be good in adapting many xmen stories because for X-MEN you do need to have a strong plot unlike Avengers and you just cant watered down things. CGI action and crossover tactics alone will not do.

Moreover, I will remind that Fox did do some good, they were better suited for smaller scale more grounded driven comic drama where characters like the Xavier, who seemed to have been plucked in this movie, got to shine be it X2 or Logan. Two movies MCU (for example) cannot make because by MCU standard not only are they not kid friendly, they are also very director driven. Bryan Singer and James Mangold would likely have been fired by Disney the same way the original director for dr strange 2 left and Raimi was brought in.

Also, Fox would have had to made Captain America or black panther, they already made First Class, which is basically black panther with more depth and superior film making because when fox got it right, they never tend to waste their director's talent, Also DOFP came out the same time as Winter Solider, while Winter solider should gets its praise as the first attempt from MCU to try and make a mature comic movie. DOFP gets praise for been old school veteran in making mature comic book dramas as they did form the very first films. Fox never needed to make mcu stuff, if they even did from the start we would not even have the Partick Stewart Charles Xavier who is in the film. Call it the bootstrap paradox.

Also on this issue, speaking of some review spoilers, I saw the Grace Randolph review and she said most of the cameos felt flat, I have also seen some other reviews , I think it was the daily beast call it exhausting, so I wont be surprised if there is some backlash in the coming weeks if Xavier is portrayed in this movie as nothing more but some fake-out or Stewart just phones it in and is there ...just because.
    I will go into details this time but i disagree with your views of course.
    Anyway the mcu and fox xmen have really good films,but the mcu on average have better films.
    The mcu canon and non canon shows are really good too.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-03-2022 at 05:35 PM.