Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    A few spoilers are doing the rounds on social media confirming more characters. Tread wisely.
    Or stay away from Twitter until the movie opens.

I didn't but I don't mind spoilers. I'll just say a lot of people will be VERY happy.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 05-02-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Yea say off Twitter and Youtube if you don't want to be spoiled. People are leaking whole 10 min clips of the movie and stuff now.

It's Strange's movie. What's the downside to all this?

Women being made to look flawed ought to happen more.
    Men are garbage. Women are better.

My excitement for this movie has dimmed. Hopefully it will surprise me.

For those who get to see the movie early, please tell me this movie isn't just the Loki show but with a Dr Strange coat of paint.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

For those who get to see the movie early, please tell me this movie isn't just the Loki show but with a Dr Strange coat of paint.
    You've expressed this sentiment a few times recently. Do you really think anyone's opinions here are going to sway yours? Especially since it's possible they haven't already formed the same opinion you have?

Incredible Member

I haven’t seen it yet but I’m pretty sure it’s not a retelling or reimagining of Loki. That’s an odd take. However if you aren’t excited for it then it’s no crime not to go see it. Wait for it to come to D+.

I've seen it. It's not.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I've seen it. It's not.
    Whew. That's good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    You've expressed this sentiment a few times recently. Do you really think anyone's opinions here are going to sway yours? Especially since it's possible they haven't already formed the same opinion you have?
    I try to be open minded. A good argument or a fact check can change my mind.

BANNED

Reviews are mixed.

I expect 160 mil opening with these reviews.

Ultimate Member

Reviews are mixed.
    Not really.

It has 64 on Metacritic and 89% on RT.

Its getting good reviews across the board.

I'm excited about Raimi, but the more I hear about this movie the less excited I am. Maybe I'd be a little less jaded if it didn't come directly after the cameo fest of Spider-Man: No Way Home. It doesn't help that I didn't really care for the first Doctor Strange.

The further we move forward past Endgame, the more it feels like the MCU is beginning to collapse under its own weight. I've loved pieces. Wandavision is one of my favorite entries into the entire world, Shang Chi was a lot of fun and Spider-Man: No Way Home was fantastic with what it set out to do. But, the whole universe feels listless. When Doctor Strange comes out this week, it will be the sixth movie since Endgame. By the time we had 6 movies in Phase 1, it was the Avengers, which gave us a look as to what the series was going to look like.

Not only do we have those six movies, we also have five TV shows with none of them giving any indication as to the greater purpose. Now, it would be one thing if we were moving to being more stand alone, but that's not the case. I don't know. Maybe this will be good or something. But, the legendary superhero fatigue may be finally getting me.

*shrugs* I trust Raimi. If he felt like he wasn't a good fit, I'm sure he would have said no. Can't wait to see it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Not really.
    Yes really.

It has 64 on Metacritic and 89% on RT.
    RT only ever matters to you people when it scores things to your liking. Anytime it doesn't, you just act contrarian and enjoy whatever Marvel puts out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    *shrugs* I trust Raimi. If he felt like he wasn't a good fit, I'm sure he would have said no. Can't wait to see it.
    He didn't say no to Spider-Man 3. And from what I've read this feels a lot like a similar situation.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-03-2022 at 07:26 AM.