Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

I would like to see the Illuminati and also find out that they know about the TVA and were allowing them to proceed with some tweaks on their part to manage their interference. It would be nice to start seeing the layers of power in the Marvel Universe play out. They tried to do that with the Eternals, I think, so this could be where things are headed.

Of course I also really want to see the Council of Reeds, but one thing at a time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

EXCLUSIVE: Funko & Loungefly Debut Mystical New Doctor Strange Merch
    https://www.cbr.com/funko-loungefly-...ampaign=CBR-TW

All-New Member

It's a fascinating film since it features not only Dr. Strange but also some of Marvel's most interesting characters. The Multiverse of Madness will be an exciting movie since it will provide a glance inside the Multiverse.

“It seems that shield has appeared recently someplace… don’t you think it’s ‘Madness’?” a translation of the tweet says, reminding viewers that Captain Carter and all the What If…? episodes are streaming on Disney Plus.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...?ocid=msedgntp

Who isn't getting a cameo in this movie at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who isn't getting a cameo in this movie at this point...
    NFL Super Pro, Night Cat, Captain Ultra, and Annex the Augmented Man.

BANNED

So I Said I would not really dwell much on this movie until maybe I see it, but this has just become way too much, now Ryan Renyolds is pulling an Andrew Garfield by insisting he is not in the movie.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...232559540.html

please can I go somewhere online for once without hearing about the rumours of who is in this movie?

Its becoming exhausting, this movie should be about dr strange and yet the hype has been taken over by if Xavier (stewart) and deadpool are in the movie? this stuff is becoming a gimmick and way too syperfical even by hype definitions, also isn't Xavier supposed to be dead, he died Logan.

Also the hypocritical reaction from the media is so outstanding because I thought we were meant to bury fox and x-men was meant to be getting a fresh new start with no more ties to anything fox and their messy messy timeline and uneven quality of movies. so how can a marvel film now be hyped by 2 fox characters that is is now making all the headlines above the main character. Mr Strange himself?

Not to mention I feel if it turns out to be true, MCU would have really hurt the mystique of the x-men universe, regardless of my personal preference with disney now owing xmen, i still always wanted xmen to be introduced to the MCU as something, completely new with a stand alone film as the first film. Now with all the hype, guessing, debates and theories of if xavier and deadpool are in it, the auror of X-MEN in the MCU has been greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    So I Said I would not really dwell much on this movie until maybe I see it, but this has just become way too much, now Ryan Renyolds is pulling an Andrew Garfield by insisting he is not in the movie.

please can I go somewhere online for once without hearing about the rumours of who is in this movie?

Its becoming exhausting, this movie should be about dr strange and yet the hype has been taken over by if Xavier (stewart) and deadpool are in the movie? this stuff is becoming a gimmick and way too syperfical even by hype definitions, also isn't Xavier supposed to be dead, he died Logan.

Also the hypocritical reaction from the media is so outstanding because I thought we were meant to bury fox and x-men was meant to be getting a fresh new start with no more ties to anything fox and their messy messy timeline and uneven quality of movies. so how can a marvel film now be hyped by 2 fox characters that is is now making all the headlines above the main character. Mr Strange himself?

Not to mention I feel if it turns out to be true, MCU would have really hurt the mystique of the x-men universe, regardless of my personal preference with disney now owing xmen, i still always wanted xmen to be introduced to the MCU as something, completely new with a stand alone film as the first film. Now with all the hype, guessing, debates and theories of if xavier and deadpool are in it, the auror of X-MEN in the MCU has been greatly reduced.
    Aren't spoilers already out? Most of the cameos in the movie are variants of these characters. Professor X died in Logan. The version here is just a variant of him.

When the X men get introduced, they will be completely new actors.

Honestly, you shouldn't even take any of these cameos seriously. They barely take up any movie screentime and are variants of other characters not the actual originals we know and love.

Professor X died in Logan.
    Logan is a alternate universe and not the one from the main fox movies. Then again x-men movie history is a mess. But yeah, bet this is not the main fox universe prof x. Has to be a alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Logan is a alternate universe and not the one from the main fox movies. Then again x-men movie history is a mess. But yeah, bet this is not the main fox universe prof x. Has to be a alt.
    It's the same universe just in the not so far future but ya death doesn't mean anything in comics.

"Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?"

Its becoming exhausting, this movie should be about dr strange and yet the hype has been taken over by if Xavier (stewart) and deadpool are in the movie? this stuff is becoming a gimmick and way too syperfical even by hype definitions...
    It's just the latest clue/theory about what could be in the film and people are invested enough to get hyped over every little detail. That's per the norm with these kinds of movies (at least the ones that people get excited to see).

...also isn't Xavier supposed to be dead, he died Logan.
    Could be a Professor X from earlier in the timeline or from a parallel universe (like how JK Simmons was cast as the MCU Jameson after playing the one from the Raimi movies). Course it could be that Stewart was cast as a different character, or, as Stewart has teased, it's another actor entirely.

Where's the hypocrisy? Marvel Studios never outlined their plans for the franchise, just that they were working on it. That could mean anything from a reboot or some kind of crossover. I mean, we don't even know what this alleged Stewart cameo even is in the first place. Also, this while idea that speculation on the cast is upstaging Doctor Strange himself doesn't even make any sense; the character has been around for awhile, has a fanbase now, and people are excited for his next film (heck, he gets the lion's share of material in the trailer). It's a nothing bur

I don't follow your logic at all. Also, as noted before, we don't know yet what exactly the possible Stewart/Xavier sighting even means, so we cannot infer anything at this point as to what the MCU X-Men material will be. Heck, for all we know, the main MCU X-Men will be something completely fresh and this alleged Stewart Xavier is just a little Easter egg for fans, like No Way Home in small scale.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

If there was no multiverse story taking place, I’d prefer no mention of the Fox stuff, but I’m a story about the multiverse, people want the multiverse!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    "Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer?"
    nah, not too sure this time unlike Garfield that seem like a guy who obviously cannot tell a convincing lie, Ryan Reynolds may be more convincing, though the hype is still good for marketing.
    It's just the latest clue/theory about what could be in the film and people are invested enough to get hyped over every little detail. That's per the norm with these kinds of movies (at least the ones that people get excited to see).
    sigh, though this is the point I was trying to make on the Feige greatest producer thread. How is producing approach can be shallow once you look past the excitement, a movie in a franchise after so many entries been hyped on if characters from another dead-beat franchise like the fox x-men franchise is kind of shallow. No offence to Stewart and Renyolds but they are getting more hype than Sam Raimi, one of the best directors that ever graced the superhero genre, also strengthened what I said that marvel does not look to be all that interested in any kind of high end artistic film style, this is now masked in the hype of characters from another franchise that is meant to be long gone.

So far , so good, Dr Strange 2 hype approach seem to be like the polar opposite of The Batman because with The Batman, it is all about Matt Reeves, that is where the hype and fate of the movie is resting on. I do still cannot get around how this is supposed to be exciting, I lived through 2017-2020 phrase where there were calls for the total wipe out of the fox films but now they are hyped by any little details of the fox characters? its hypocrisy at its finest.

Also, this while idea that speculation on the cast is upstaging Doctor Strange himself doesn't even make any sense;
    It sort of sense outwardly, but I don't see how marvel thinks this is helping them, looking at the pattern

Evan Peters upstaged everyone in Wandavision

please no one should read further if you have not seen no way home since after multiple attempts, I still don't get how the spoiler button works here but

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew Garfield and William Dafoe stole the show in No Way Home

Now Stewart is getting more talks than strange even before the movie is out.

As i said this is why I even commented because I went on yahoo, comic book movie and screenrant and all had headlines of Stewart in the movie, also yahoo posted another piece of Ryan Renyolds saying he is not in the movie? Benedict Cumberbatch feels like a third wheel the way the media keeps hyping Stewart and Reynolds. But this is where I ask? even if it is Stewart....what will be the substance of why we are seeing him again?

Stewart is one of the best actors to act in comic films, it is more than safe to say that from the fox x-men franchise. Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen are the most iconic actors, not to mention Stewart role in Logan was the finest he did. he was more likely to get an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor than the best adapted screen play the movie got.

If you bring Stewart back , are you going to give him a role on the same level as Logan? this is the substance X-Men fans are going to expect, not the hype of crossovers or multiverse. Additionally, it was already done before, although kind of different to the term multiverse that mcu is using, however it is still in the line of alternate realties/cross overs/time travel/changing history. Stewart had a crossover with with his younger self in DOFP and one of the most compelling dramatic parts of the movie

It is the other standard after Logan, another Stewart crossover meeting will be measured up too. Good film writing is going to matter, though it seems to be an afterthought in the media and some others because they are all more about the hype and the ‘’thrill’’ of seeing Stewart again in what is going to be like the 3rd alternate reality he appears in, counting, DOFP timeline, Logan Timeline and now potentially a MCU timeline.

I don't follow your logic at all. Also, as noted before, we don't know yet what exactly the possible Stewart/Xavier sighting even means, so we cannot infer anything at this point as to what the MCU X-Men material will be. Heck, for all we know, the main MCU X-Men will be something completely fresh and this alleged Stewart Xavier is just a little Easter egg for fans, like No Way Home in small scale.
    No we dont know for sure, but as I noted earlier also if you are very deep into the geek and nerd community like I am and others, who have watched star trek TNG many times and some of the xmen films more than once, that looks to be Stewart's voice from the trailer by 98%.

the main MCU X-Men will be something completely fresh and this alleged Stewart Xavier is just a little Easter egg for fans, like No Way Home in small scale.
    My say is that the main x-men should have come first, it would have been artistically more challenging. This first maybe multiverse approach is a formula comfort zone. It is also hard to make the case that it will be completely fresh, because the first x-men reference in the MCU movies would have come from a past franchise, that is not fresh at all, does Disney think X-MEN can not stand on its own that they first need a hand from their multiverse or something? it makes little sense.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-22-2022 at 04:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Changed my mind on that cosmic hero being Maria Rambeau having become Captain Marvel in another universe. Saw a still that was of better quality and it’s a dude. Appear to have a Goatee I think. A lot of people think it’s Kang as Iron lad because they seem to be wearing armor. Seen Blue Marvel guessed aswell. But iono why he would be in Ironman esque armor
    I don't know why but to me this character gives off Michael Korvac vibe..if it is Korvac that would be pretty epic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Aren't spoilers already out? Most of the cameos in the movie are variants of these characters. Professor X died in Logan. The version here is just a variant of him.
    They are not yet listed in the cast I trust?

Honestly, you shouldn't even take any of these cameos seriously. They barely take up any movie screentime and are variants of other characters not the actual originals we know and love.
    sigh this is not helping the reputation of the super hero films that can't seem to take a break in their quest to be taken seriously. great story telling helped with strong visual directing should be taking up the screen time. let's just hope when and even if they bring Stewart back, it is not like this, although we know how marvel do love their comedy.

It was hard to take this seriously (Picard) that is. however Logan, while different in story outcome was still a good direct mirror to seeing Picard in final TNG episode:All Good Things, ironically a TNG episode that also dealt with multiple timelines and alternate realties, think marvel can keep the pattern with Patrick Stewart?
    Last edited by Castle; 02-22-2022 at 05:04 AM.