Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    the jokes or rather excessive humor in Dr strange is present in all the other movies too. that was not Scott's fault, you can't blame him for Fiege Disney style of dialogue.

In all honesty I think Scott wanted to evolve as a director, perhaps step away from the formula which was going to be giving the movie more horror undertones and Disney wanted to still find away around that, he didn't like it, so he left.

I don't think Scott should get the most blame for that either. what are the points of sequels if you can't show actual growth and maturity as a director from the first film?
    Wow well that's literaly just your skewed opinion and you trying push it off onto Derrikson and those films.

How does this work? so Derrikson makes the first film and all the out of place Humor is Disney and Feiges fault. We see Dr Dr Strange in 3 other movies where tonally he is used perfect. So after that, your theory is Disney was gonna force Derrikson to put the Humor back into Strange? Makes no sense they didn't make Waititi or the Russos write Starnge as a jokster, and it worked out great. More Likely what happened was Marvel loved Derrikson treatment for the film. The scary parts, the multiverse, and tying Wanda into it. But then when it came time to write the fleshed out script there was something they didnt like and he wouldnt change. That's how getting movies made works for everyone. If it wasnt Scorsese wouldnt have had to take the Irishman to Netflix. Now if Marvel was interfering with a director while filming and editing the movie that would be an issue. But that's only happened with Age of Ultron and shortly after that Feige got Disney to drop Pearlmutter and his gang. WBs and Fox have a way worse track record with interfering with the directors Vision. But that doesn't fit the narrative you have that Disney is bullying these directors into being baby sitters for some kinda assembly line. When the actual directors would tell you thats the furthest thing from the truth. But you know better

I agree I was excited to see some growth. For starters even if Derrickson did want to write Strange the way he did in the first film Cumberbatch is that character now and I'm sure he would fight to not go backwards. So I think there was 0% chance Strange was gonna become a jokesters gain. Also Derrikson had a chance to see what worked in his film and what worked in Ragnarok/Avengers and I was interested to see what a Horror guy woulda done with Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope Derrickson comes back at the last minute.

... as far as who can take over. I hope it's someone who was already interested in this specific franchise and not just "any" big budget film. But hey, we'll see. I guess.
    NAHHHH, I don't think he is coming back. it will be good to know how far he got with the movie before he left. if it is the horror issue that made he him leave, then he likely never made it to the 3rd act of the film.

Heard a theory that makes sense to me. Once they announced Wandavission and Loki were gonna tie into Dr strange maybe things changed. I mean Nightmare would be amazing but maybe Marvel said he had to use Mesphito because he can set up so many things. They can combine Mesphito and Chthon and basicaly connect them to so many upcoming projects. Wanda has strong ties to both, Vampires to the Chthon, Dr Doom,Ghost Rider, Loki, dr strange. There are also rumors that I dont believe that Bales role might be as Mesphito. Anyone who think Bale is signing on for more then a one and done role is crazy. I mean I hope I'm wrong but I dont see him signing for more then one at a time.

Also heard Marc Benarding say usally when there are "Creative differences" that the Director wanted more time and the Studio refused to pushed back the film. He does have a couple thing in pre production and is involved in the snow piercer show in some capacity. But these dates are set in stone most the time. Only an act of God and Spiderman rejoining the MCU will shift release dates. So I doubt that's the case here since he would know that's not an option. I mean that's why Black Panther has 80% great VFX and them some scenes that look bad
    They had months to work on some scenes and then becuase they couldnt delay the release the VFX house had a couple weeks to do others.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-22-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Apparently Sam Raimi is in talks to Direct this movie now. That's seems like a good fit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Apparently Sam Raimi is in talks to Direct this movie now. That's seems like a good fit to me.
    if true, it will be interesting to see how he imagines this Ditko-visuals character vs his treatment of Spider-Man. Intriguing.

oh, Bruce Campbell cameo?

I can't wait for people who criticize the MCU head explode trying explain how freaking Sam Rami didn't get to make the movie he wanted. Because that's how it works all Spiderman movies he made were classics( yeah they ignore Spiderman 3) and marvel is going to force to make a movie he doesn't want to make is going to be the stupid narrative spinned

The man who made Evil Dead is now making Dr Strange movie. The man who somehow got "Drag me to Hell" a PG13 rating is directing a Dr Strange movie. Hmm I wonder what Marvel is trying to with Dr. Strange it almost seems like they want a director with Horror focus on the movie.

Ultimate Member

If it's TRUE that Raimi is coming in, that'll be a significant upgrade on Derrickson.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If it's TRUE that Raimi is coming in, that'll be a significant upgrade on Derrickson.
    Yea they're are still in talks so cross your fingers.

BANNED

Would be great if that came true. Hope they Keep the spellslinging from Infinity War and Endgame. Looked more like Strange to me than the kung fu stuff.

But the most important Thing is how many of his Friends will he manage to cameo in the Movie?

@Killerbee911: Remembering the stuff going on before, I do not think that any Arguments no matter how stupid or far-fetched can surprise me anymore.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Getting Raimi means a Bruce Campbell cameo. Make this happen

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope this means he can ditch all that prior stuff and just make it a Raimi film. Hell, replace Cumberbatch with Bruce Campbell (man can dream).

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That namedrop in Spider-Man 2 was foreshadowing this whole time .

Dr strange 2 toyline has a surprise figure--

spoilers:
    Sleepwalker!
    end of spoilers

Link to the photo.

https://news.toyark.com/2021/12/16/m...rs-live-453207

In the film or just for the toyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Dr strange 2 toyline has a surprise figure--

spoilers:
    Sleepwalker!
    end of spoilers

Link to the photo.

https://news.toyark.com/2021/12/16/m...rs-live-453207

In the film or just for the toyline?
    It says in the article a mix of figures from the movies and comics. I can see this just being a figure they put into the series and has nothing to do with the moive. But man how epic would it be to get Sleepwalker in a movie! And to get him in one before the Xmen and FF!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

If he was in any movie this would be the perfect film to bring him in.