Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

it's a good bet that the mysterious voice is possibly a misdirect. Either a soundalike voiceover from someone who is not Stewart, or even Stewart himself, hired for the express purpose of giving some aural clickbait to get people to continue to talk about the film until it happens. We know that there are certain clips seen in films that don't end up in the final movie. It just depends. Raimi made his bones (pun intended) in horror fare. I wonder how much if any he was allowed to tinker with the orthodoxy of the Marvel Studios formula?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's a good bet that the mysterious voice is possibly a misdirect. Either a soundalike voiceover from someone who is not Stewart, or even Stewart himself, hired for the express purpose of giving some aural clickbait to get people to continue to talk about the film until it happens.
    It's really not... Marvel tricks people into thinking certain big stuff isn't happening, not that it is. One gets people pleasantly surprised, the other would just make people rightfully angry and disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Calling it now.

Bruce Campbell (since this is a Sam Raimi movie) as an older Tony Stark.
    No way Bruce Campbell as Ash Williams! If Disney can owns him that is? And I wouldn't mind darkman showing up!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's really not... Marvel tricks people into thinking certain big stuff isn't happening, not that it is. One gets people pleasantly surprised, the other would just make people rightfully angry and disappointed.
    *Cough* Ralph Boner *Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    You’re really reaching with that idea. It took a lot for Marvel and DC to get on the same page to do joint comics. There is absolutely no way they are ready to share joint movie ideas, especially with DC lagging in their movies currently.
    Oh I know it probably will never happen. Just the idea of Charles Xavier confronting Dr. Strange got me thinking.
    Watching television is not an activity.

You’re really reaching with that idea. It took a lot for Marvel and DC to get on the same page to do joint comics. There is absolutely no way they are ready to share joint movie ideas, especially with DC lagging in their movies currently.
    Just because DC IST doing MCU money doesn't mean they are lagging in anything there movies currently are doing very good also at the end of the day money always wins a DCEU/MCU crossover movie would do crazy money so never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    *Cough* Ralph Boner *Cough*
    That was actually kind of genius, I reckon. They did a multiverse fake-out in Far From Home, then we got a multiverse fake-out in Wandavision, and then just when the audience have detected the pattern they throw No Way Home at us.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Just because DC IST doing MCU money doesn't mean they are lagging in anything there movies currently are doing very good also at the end of the day money always wins a DCEU/MCU crossover movie would do crazy money so never say never.
    Plus Batman always sells money on film

Trailer got me very excited. I’m even more excited for the Wanda/Strange conflict more so than the Xavier tease. I’m glad we’re getting the Illuminati in some form!

Those ultrons are decked out in superior iron man colour scheme too which is great. Tom cruise as an alternate stark would be very fun.

Very excited for it.

Incredible Member

I agree, they are both making money. But just like Coke and Pepsi, there is a clear number 1 and a clear number 2 when it comes to movies, both in total sales and in critical acclaim.

The market is capable of supporting both in making money.

There is just no reason for Marvel to team up with DC in any way for movie purposes right now. Sure, it could happen in the future, but I think it would be more likely for Disney/Marvel to just buyout Warner/DC and then do whatever they want with the characters at that point.

I agree, they are both making money. But just like Coke and Pepsi, there is a clear number 1 and a clear number 2 when it comes to movies, both in total sales and in critical acclaim.

The market is capable of supporting both in making money.

There is just no reason for Marvel to team up with DC in any way for movie purposes right now. Sure, it could happen in the future, but I think it would be more likely for Disney/Marvel to just buyout Warner/DC and then do whatever they want with the characters at that point.
    No reason? A DCEU/MCU movie has the potential to make more money then any other DC or marvel movie you would be a fool not to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Trailer got me very excited. I’m even more excited for the Wanda/Strange conflict more so than the Xavier tease. I’m glad we’re getting the Illuminati in some form!

Those ultrons are decked out in superior iron man colour scheme too which is great. Tom cruise as an alternate stark would be very fun.

Very excited for it.
    It's the the iron legion not Ultron's.

No reason? A DCEU/MCU movie has the potential to make more money then any other DC or marvel movie you would be a fool not to consider it.
    Marvel Studios has far less to gain from such a collaboration than WB/DC does and would be doing most of the "heavy lifting", so why should they split the profits? Especially since they're making about the same amount of money on their own?

Incredible Member

The way DC does movies currently is no guarantee to how they would do jointly.

Disney would do better to buy them out and have total control than to try to work things out as separate entities. As big a headache as it was to publish comics would only be magnified in movies.

How about they start small and go for animated first and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Marvel Studios has far less to gain from such a collaboration than WB/DC does and would be doing most of the "heavy lifting", so why should they split the profits? Especially since they're making about the same amount of money on their own?
    A movie like that would have the possibley to make around 4 billion maybe more plus I'm sure it would be a 3 movie deal I would definitely consider it.